Hunt on for woman after botched bank robbery in Prachuap Khiri Khan

webfact

Hunt on for woman after botched bank robbery in Prachuap Khiri Khan

2pm2.jpg

Picture: Talay Hua Hin

Media in Prachuap Khiri Khan reported that a female tomboy held up the BAAC bank in downtown Prachuap Khiri Khan yesterday.

She was brandishing a gun after arriving in the branch next to the town hall dressed in black with a black full face helmet.

A picture published by local journalist Kulsawek Sawekwannakorn showed her eyes. 

Bank staffer Janya Jannoi, 40, said that the woman came in at lunchtime while about five people were waiting and waved a gun at her. 

2pm.jpg

PIcture: Prachuap Post News

She shouted: "Don't mess with me if you're not involved".

She demanded money be put in a bag but Janya ran for it.

At that moment someone outside coming to do their "Rao Chana" application shouted that the police were coming.

This spooked the robber who was in the bank less than a minute.

She ran off then stole a Honda bike from a 61 year old woman next to the PTT gas station 100 meters away and rode off along the Suan Son - Ao Noi Road. 

2pm1.jpg

PIcture: Prachuap Post News

Muang Prachuap Khiri Khan police found a motorcycle in the area of the Fong Beer Restaurant in Pak Klong Bang Nang Rom.

The robber apparently fled into the woods while station chief Pol Col Samer Yusamran ordered the area surrounded. 

The Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives was shut as forensic teams pored over the evidence.

Nothing was stolen in the attempted heist at 12.30 pm.

UPDATE  - The headline of this post incorrectly said the suspect had been arrested. 

Source: Prachuap Post News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-23

55 minutes ago, webfact said:

She demanded money be put in a bag but Janya ran for it.

'ran for it'   I'm guessing that doesn't mean Janya (bank staff) ran to get a bigger bag, but away from the counter?

57 minutes ago, webfact said:

The robber apparently fled into the woods while station chief Pol Col Samer Yusamran ordered the area surrounded. 

Later the police will claim to be on her trail, after the body of a dead bear and an elephant were found.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

What can one say? Robbing a bank has got to be one of the riskiest and lowest percentage crimes out there. Dumb and dumber.

Darwin was indeed correct. 

While I was waiting to pay my home loan yesterday, one guy collected over 4M bht, and another walked with 2.5M.

The money was counted out in front of me and put into envelopes.

If I were a bank robber, i'd just follow one of the big withdrawers out and mug them at their car/mc.

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

While I was waiting to pay my home loan yesterday, one guy collected over 4M bht, and another walked with 2.5M.

The money was counted out in front of me and put into envelopes.

If I were a bank robber, i'd just follow one of the big withdrawers out and mug them at their car/mc.

I am of course not advocating committing crime here, but that act would offer a far higher percentage chance of success. If done properly. Honestly, I think white collar crime is the way to go. Hacking, and cyber stuff. Banking and insurance companies. Likely the easiest to get away with, and since they barely prosecute white collar crime in America, I would do it on USA soil. If caught, likely would only result in a 6 month sentence, in a country club prison, for a first time offender, in the US.

• Haha 1