Digital tv

MarcelV

I'm a complete noob when it comes to digital tv. I have used my smart tv only for playing video games or watching movies off a USB drive.

Now I am ready to finally start watching tv, preferably a combination of Thai channels and international ones.

Where do I start? Like, what do I need and how to set it up? Again, I'm a complete noob and any help is sincerely appreciated.

• Haha 1

There is a lot of advice on here, but on the 'Audio /Visual' forum , that you will find all that you need there.  For myself, I have avoided the popular Android boxes as they seem to be a lot of hassle and a bit clunky in operation for me.  I have gone for 'Sky Go' as my primary source, with Amazon Prime and Netflix as movie providers, but NOW TV seems popular too. Good luck in finding what you need.  . 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

There is a lot of advice on here, but on the 'Audio /Visual' forum , that you will find all that you need there.  For myself, I have avoided the popular Android boxes as they seem to be a lot of hassle and a bit clunky in operation for me.  I have gone for 'Sky Go' as my primary source, with Amazon Prime and Netflix as movie providers, but NOW TV seems popular too. Good luck in finding what you need.  . 

Can you get "sky go" with a Thai address or do you need a UK one?

I have had not so great experience with "questionable" services, now just Netflix, Apple TV, Am Prime and Youtube for me though the sky one looks an interesting addition. 

Two different ball games if you want both Thai and International and likely require pay service by sat or data line.  Perhaps easier to keep it simple and have Thai on main TV and use computer for international.  For Thai most places you can use normal digital antenna - or pay low cost to install free sat service (which outside cities is probably a better signal).  You can have both on one set with black box connected to internet but makes it a PIA for most Thai (and me) to tune and switch to what you want.  I have extended family and went with c-band sat system to 7 TV sets providing Thai content.  No cost after install antenna system.  Have paid for service in past but did not find anyone watching much other than Thai channels so was not cost effective (as well as going downhill for decades in quality and channels).  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Whale said:

Can you get "sky go" with a Thai address or do you need a UK one?

I have had not so great experience with "questionable" services, now just Netflix, Apple TV, Am Prime and Youtube for me though the sky one looks an interesting addition. 

Sky Go app, download with a VPN set to UK, then just pick your package.  I am not bothered about Sky movies but I did want sports and Sky Atlantic.  A bit pricey but its what I need here. . 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Sky Go app, download with a VPN set to UK, then just pick your package.  I am not bothered about Sky movies but I did want sports and Sky Atlantic.  A bit pricey but its what I need here. . 

What do you watch on sky? 

What’s worth a watch?

23 minutes ago, recom273 said:

What do you watch on sky? 

What’s worth a watch?

My primary need is for sports, F1, MOTO GP, cricket and NFL.  Secondary are the discovery and history channels, western news, plus Sky Atlantic.  

• Like 1