TAT targets China, Japan and Korea, confident 10 million tourists will visit Thailand this year

webfact

The government has ruined the country...I'm only in Vietnam now because they unexpectedly refused a visa renewal for me. I expected to live my life out in Thailand but good riddence as I am much happier here and have no intentions of ever returning to the mockery.

5 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Has anyone noticed ?????????

China is selling and exporting vaccine all over the world................

BUT in China......hardly anyone is getting vaccinated.  At current rates China will reach herd immunity from vaccination in 6 years time......so around 2027.

Why ???????????  Why are they not vaccinating their own people in any great rush......in fact.....super slowly.

Very suspicious........and of course..........for Thailand targeting vaccinated tourists.........your not going to find many in China.

I think you know the answer. Same with Russia and the Sputnik vaccine. They don´t have the production capacity to vaccinate even their own people and still they offer it to third world nations the world over. Both China and Russia have the same goal - to use the vaccine to get geopolitical gains. It means denying their own people the vaccin in time. Only authoritarian governements can do this, sacrificing it´s own people for the ruling class to gain influence in the third world.

1 hour ago, rosst said:

Interestingly enough not targeting Australia and NZ two countries with almost no virus. 

It let's us know what they are thinking or perhaps the penny has dropped? 

2019 tourism stats:  East Asia:  16.6 million.  ASEAN: 10.6 million.  South Asia: 2.3 million.  Oceania:  886,000.  No, they are likely not targeting Australia or NZ with such small numbers if their plan is to get 10 million tourists this year starting with the third quarter.    

11 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Has anyone noticed ?????????

China is selling and exporting vaccine all over the world................

BUT in China......hardly anyone is getting vaccinated.  At current rates China will reach herd immunity from vaccination in 6 years time......so around 2027.

Why ???????????  Why are they not vaccinating their own people in any great rush......in fact.....super slowly.

Very suspicious........and of course..........for Thailand targeting vaccinated tourists.........your not going to find many in China.

China knows that the rest of the world are suckers and the Sinovac vaccine is for suckers.

• Haha 1

Truly amazing a whole group of high ranking government officials can get together and come up with these ideas. Then actually release it for people to see. 10 million tourist this year is not anywhere near reality with all these great plans they have to get tourists. 
It’s funny but also very sad 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 10:35 AM, webfact said:

TAT targets China, Japan and Korea, confident 10 million tourists will visit Thailand this year

4pm.jpg

TAT governor Yutthasak Suphaorn//File photo

Thailand's tourism authorities are putting their faith in celebrities, reality TV stars, net idols and influencers to get millennials flooding into Thailand, reported the Thai media.

TAT partners in China, Japan and Korea are working on the "Thailand I Miss You" project.

Tourism Authority of Thailand governor Yutthasak Suphaorn was quoted as saying that 10 million tourists - presumably this year - would be "mai yaak"- no problem. 

They want to come and Thailand is still a target for them, he said. 

He has ordered all TAT offices abroad to work on things concentrating on facilitating visits for those who have already been vaccinated. 

Top of the list is China with the TAT waiting for the government there to give the green light to its nationals to travel. 

Pipat Ratchakitprakan - Thailand's tourism minister - expects foreign tourists to arrive from the start of the 3rd quarter - July 1st would be D-Day for that. 

He ordered the TAT offices abroad to update every two weeks on individual countries' vaccine programs and readiness to open up to foreign tourism. 

Asia Pacific marketers have been busy putting together packages and have reportedly received a strong response with particularly those in Japan attracted by promotions from "Series Y".

Chiang Mai and Phuket packages were proving particularly attractive reported the media. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-23

only vaccinated ones and wait in quarantine for 5 days. otherwise they infect us and thais then leave the country laughing ha ha ha i had a piece

• Sad 1

On 2/23/2021 at 3:35 AM, webfact said:

4pm.jpg

TAT governor Yutthasak Suphaorn//File photo

Thailand's tourism authorities are putting their faith in celebrities, reality TV stars, net idols and influencers to get millennials flooding into Thailand, reported the Thai media.

TAT partners in China, Japan and Korea are working on the "Thailand I Miss You" project.

Tourism Authority of Thailand governor Yutthasak Suphaorn was quoted as saying that 10 million tourists - presumably this year - would be "mai yaak"- no problem. 

They want to come and Thailand is still a target for them, he said. 

He has ordered all TAT offices abroad to work on things concentrating on facilitating visits for those who have already been vaccinated. 

Top of the list is China with the TAT waiting for the government there to give the green light to its nationals to travel. 

Pipat Ratchakitprakan - Thailand's tourism minister - expects foreign tourists to arrive from the start of the 3rd quarter - July 1st would be D-Day for that. 

He ordered the TAT offices abroad to update every two weeks on individual countries' vaccine programs and readiness to open up to foreign tourism. 

Asia Pacific marketers have been busy putting together packages and have reportedly received a strong response with particularly those in Japan attracted by promotions from "Series Y".

Chiang Mai and Phuket packages were proving particularly attractive reported the media. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-23

I'm confused about the numbers.  Apparently they're expecting 6 million from the UK so does that mean 6 from the UK and 10 from the rest of the world or 6 from the UK and 4 from the rest of the world? Or am I just confused generally and I've got the numbers wrong?

• Like 1