UK Pound v Thai Baht and other currencies

I have not read anywhere recently about the performance of the GBP against other currencies but most importantly for me , the Thai baht .   It seems that every day the pound is strengthening against the baht , today at 10 00 am 1 gbp = 42.25 baht and the months forecast is for a similar trend , also against the US dollar 1.48 $ to the £

Any TVF currency gurus know why ?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep, Brexit has allowed the UK to start vaccinating all it's citizens now, while Europe is still mired in red tape. Project fear has failed.

BREXIT and COVID Vaccinations!

It's all of the above mentioned, combined with the pound falling into very negative territory with the uncertainty of the deal/no deal exit. The uncertainty has gone, which combined with the vaccines

Posted Images

I just hope it doesn't go crashing back down again like it's done with every other recovery 'blip' over the last couple of years.  Up from 39 to 40 (great!) only to drop to 38 days later 😡

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
2 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

What you're describing are ripples, not trends.

The trend is definitely up now for the pound. I think the BREXIT jitters are beginning to fade.

https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=THB

Whatever description we choose to assign to it the pound has barely risen above 40 for a long time.  Only time will tell is this is a trend and not a longer lifespan ripple, maybe a 'tripple'.