Uk pension claim from Thailand

33 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Same here - except that I experienced nowhere near the same turn of speed as you did. Sent my claim form + birth certificate registered mail to DWP's Wolverhampton address only to discover that no-one there was prepared to sign for receipt of registered mail at that time, meaning that the whole shooting match went astray. Had to obtain a duplicate birth certificate from GRO and start the claiming process all over again. Not best amused.

I rang Newcastle about my life certificate and expressed worry about Wolverhampton not signing for registered mail.  I was assured that that was changed and they now do sign.  That was about October last year.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

😇 you are a saint ,mind you there are thousands and thousands  of immigrants to Britain  who have never paid in a penny ,unlike all the pensioners who paid all their lives,claiming a fortune every

Providing the DWP have your correct address they will send you an 'invitation pack' about 4 months before your pension is due. All the details will be revealed. One thing that I do recall is that they

Rather than waiting for International pensions to send you a claim pack and then sending the form back to the UK, the easiest procedure of claiming your UK pension payment is to do this online.  The f

On 2/24/2021 at 10:45 AM, brianthainess said:

Why do they need that?

I don't know. Also wanted wife's father's name.
In UK it may entitle wife to pension after husband's death but we in Thailand no longer get any pension for wife whatever happens, rule changed dome years ago.

On 2/23/2021 at 2:19 PM, Hugh Jampton said:

Hi Everyone

i am about to reach uk pension age. I realise i can apply four months before my 66th birthday. My question is, before that, how difficult is it to do online from here? And what sort of dates and documents will they require? I intend having my state pension paid straight into my Thai bank account. 

thanks in advance

RING pesion place....gice your national insurance number....thai swift code and bank account number

On 2/23/2021 at 2:43 PM, Moonlover said:

Providing the DWP have your correct address they will send you an 'invitation pack' about 4 months before your pension is due. All the details will be revealed. One thing that I do recall is that they want to see your birth certificate. If you haven't got your can get a replacement from  GRO. Details here.

Replacement birth Certificate

never asked for mine

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tinca tinca said:
On 2/23/2021 at 2:43 PM, Moonlover said:

Providing the DWP have your correct address they will send you an 'invitation pack' about 4 months before your pension is due. All the details will be revealed. One thing that I do recall is that they want to see your birth certificate. If you haven't got your can get a replacement from  GRO. Details here.

1 hour ago, tinca tinca said:

never asked for mine

It is 10 years since I applied for mine. Things change. One couldn't even apply on-line back then.

On 2/24/2021 at 4:12 AM, Guderian said:

Just curious. My understanding was that some years ago they changed the rules so that your wife can no longer inherit your state pension when you die, so why do they want all the gubbins about marriage certificates and divorces?

Don't know if anyone else has answered, yes there is no "inheritance" AFAIK my British/Thai wife has got contributions from receiving child benefit for at least ten years in the UK so she gets a pension in her own right. Without that I don't think she would have got anything....

10 hours ago, nglodnig said:

Don't know if anyone else has answered, yes there is no "inheritance" AFAIK my British/Thai wife has got contributions from receiving child benefit for at least ten years in the UK so she gets a pension in her own right. Without that I don't think she would have got anything....

my Thai wife has an NI no as well we claimed child benifit while in England ,is she entitled eventualy.?

5 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

my Thai wife has an NI no as well we claimed child benifit while in England ,is she entitled eventualy.?

She needs 10 years of NI contributions.  When claiming child benefit she would be credited with NI contributions without actually paying, so it depends on how long she claimed and if she had any other credits through work or otherwise.  She should be able to check online.

https://www.gov.uk/check-state-pension/sign-in/prove-identity

23 hours ago, treetops said:

She needs 10 years of NI contributions.  When claiming child benefit she would be credited with NI contributions without actually paying, so it depends on how long she claimed and if she had any other credits through work or otherwise.  She should be able to check online.

https://www.gov.uk/check-state-pension/sign-in/prove-identity

If someone has lived in UK for three consecutive years they will also qualify for paying voluntary National Insurance Contributions even though they are now living overseas.  In this way a person can build up the number of years of NICs and enhance the state pension upon reaching retirement age.  Currently the full pension with 35 years of NICs pays a few quid over £9,000.  For every year you pay a voluntary contribution at a cost of about £800 you will get an additional £260 per year.  It pays for itself in just over 3 years.  Worth considering if you can manage the £800 annual cost.

• Like 1