Just had my mind blown - Bone conduction headphones.

41 minutes ago, DeepSea said:

I tried them myself, its a bit disconcerting at first, being able to hear everything in the room, plus the sound from the earphones

Just add industrial strength earplugs, et voila 🙂

Living in Thailand I find that I need headphones that block as much outside noise as possible.

Those phones do sound good though if you are lucky enough to be somewhere without the constant  noise.

2 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

How many BTS tickets is that? Should have stuck to driving. 555

Did you get the pink ones?

Coming on the train saves 1,150 Baht a week just on road tolls (so paid for within 2 months even without accounting for fuel costs), as to BTS tickets remember who I work for :whistling:

Got the black ones 🙂

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

Coming on the train saves 1,150 Baht a week just on road tolls (so paid for within 2 months even without accounting for fuel costs), as to BTS tickets remember who I work for :whistling:

Got the black ones 🙂

I had a mate with a Spanish wife who worked for Bombardier? signalling. Not sure where he ended up. Reg I think.

2 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Living in Thailand I find that I need headphones that block as much outside noise as possible.

Those phones do sound good though if you are lucky enough to be somewhere without the constant  noise.

They do come with earplugs which sort of negates the nothing in the ear concept.

• Like 1

I never tried those things but I would be interested to know if they are any use for riding with a helmet on a scooter.

I have some wireless earbuds (cheap ones) that I am pretty sure would fall off when taking the helmet off or even while riding

even on the back of one, if you get the chance to try and see if you can hear anything but wind.

Interesting thankd for teh report  ,how long to deliver as Lazada seem to source local a few dats and China a few months to here recently.

Also do they have bluetooth mike so you can interrupt Ken Bruce if someone calls on a linked phone?

45 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Interesting thankd for teh report  ,how long to deliver as Lazada seem to source local a few dats and China a few months to here recently.

Also do they have bluetooth mike so you can interrupt Ken Bruce if someone calls on a linked phone?

Ordered 18th (Thursday) delivered today 23rd.

Yes, full call functionality plus pause, play etc etc.

2 hours ago, kekalot said:

I never tried those things but I would be interested to know if they are any use for riding with a helmet on a scooter.

I have some wireless earbuds (cheap ones) that I am pretty sure would fall off when taking the helmet off or even while riding

even on the back of one, if you get the chance to try and see if you can hear anything but wind.

The problem is going to be the band round the back of the neck, I think it would interfere with anything but the Thai jelly-mould helmets. A bicycle helmet would probably OK for the cyclists.

A minor bump has occured on the road to audio bliss.

The "universal securing protruberances" as supplied with the standard human (ears) are not completely suitable for supporting the Aeropex and mask plus spectacles.

Careful logistical planning is needed to avoid cat's-cradle tangles and/or blindness.

• Haha 1