Can Immigration refuse future visa extensions if I decide never to do my 90 report again?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

an extension is entirely at the discretion of immigration, they don't even need a reason to not approve it.

OP, after some thought I don't think your idea is crazy. In a way it would just add 2000baht to your annual extension. Some folk will state that it only takes 2 minutes online reporting. However

if the consequence of disobeying this ridiculous law is an annual 2,000 baht fine then I will disobey with great enthusiasm! 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Sign me up....I would be happy to forfeit 2k

as would I.

I would like to hear from those with any experience of this or know for sure one way or the other if extensions can or would be refused. 

Edited by WineOh
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

I assume that someone will be along to suggest this be handled by agent. Think they charge ~3-400baht. 

However you still have inconvenience.

My guess is not many have tried your idea. Most of us are sheep. Including myself. Baa Baa

On line it takes 5 minutes, add another 5 to 10 minutes if you want to keep your paperwork tidy. So, I don't get it ?.. 🤔

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I assume that someone will be along to suggest this be handled by agent. Think they charge ~3-400baht. So approx 1400per year.

However you still have inconvenience.

My guess is not many have tried your idea. Most of us are sheep. Including myself. Baa Baa

One friend uses an agent in Pattaya, another an agent in Bangkok, neither pay any additional for their 90 day reports.

Before any one accuses me of using an agent, I'm a like @DrJack54, Baa Baa too, although it might not take much to change me.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

Didnt work for me 4 hrs ago ! By net or App.

Just been to Phetchabun Immigration office for 90 day this morning, got "pending" online 17th (printed it) and e-mail approval 18th, officer said Bangkok is working on the problem and he hazarded about a month before it back.

Gave him last 90 day approval (online), "pending" and copy e-mail, all fixed in 2 minute longer than before only 1 issue, which I'm going to ignore, despite having a UK passport in his hand he's marked my nationality as LAO on the approval slip didn't notice until I got home.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, CharlieH said:
  1. Didnt work for me 4 hrs ago ! By net or App.

Worked like a charm, few minutes end of November.

I also tried today, same as yourself I used web and app. Been down now for several days I believe. Current Thread regarding reports to MTT being nasty.

They will just renew your 90 day report when they do your extension and charge you 2000 Bt.

If immigration can legally turn you away from the border, even if you have a valid visa, I don't see why they can't refuse you an extension.

Under the TM2 form which you have to sign, it says if you break the conditions, these are grounds to refuse you an extension. If the IO considers 90 day reporting a condition of your stay, you could be refused.

• Like 1