Can Immigration refuse future visa extensions if I decide never to do my 90 report again?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OP, after some thought I don't think your idea is crazy. In a way it would just add 2000baht to your annual extension. Some folk will state that it only takes 2 minutes online reporting.

However look at how many threads there are regarding frustration with the hit and miss online option. My last one meant a trip to MTT. Pain in the rear.

Sign me up....I would be happy to forfeit 2k

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Sign me up....I would be happy to forfeit 2k

as would I.

I would like to hear from those with any experience of this or know for sure one way or the other if extensions can or would be refused. 

7 minutes ago, WineOh said:

as would I.

I would like to hear from those with any experience of this or know for sure one way or the other if extensions can or would be refused. 

I assume that someone will be along to suggest this be handled by agent. Think they charge ~3-400baht. So approx 1400per year.

However you still have inconvenience.

My guess is not many have tried your idea. Most of us are sheep. Including myself. Baa Baa

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

I assume that someone will be along to suggest this be handled by agent. Think they charge ~3-400baht. 

My guess is not many have tried your idea. Most of us are sheep. Including myself. Baa Baa

On line it takes 5 minutes, add another 5 to 10 minutes if you want to keep your paperwork tidy. So, I don't get it ?.. ????

1 minute ago, Boomer6969 said:

On line it takes 5 minutes, add another 5 to 10 minutes if you want to keep your paperwork tidy. So, I don't get it ?.. ????

Seems like you have been fortunate with your online reports. Currently they are down.

Read all the threads about issues. 

I did one online end October took 3 minutes. Breeze. Next one due January would not accept. Did web link, app you name it. Even downloaded different browser. As result trip to MTT. Many Many similar reports and threads about this and No I had not done an extension or anything that would confuse the online system. It's fickle.

21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I assume that someone will be along to suggest this be handled by agent. Think they charge ~3-400baht. So approx 1400per year.

One friend uses an agent in Pattaya, another an agent in Bangkok, neither pay any additional for their 90 day reports.

Before any one accuses me of using an agent, I'm a like @DrJack54, Baa Baa too, although it might not take much to change me.

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

Didnt work for me 4 hrs ago ! By net or App.

Just been to Phetchabun Immigration office for 90 day this morning, got "pending" online 17th (printed it) and e-mail approval 18th, officer said Bangkok is working on the problem and he hazarded about a month before it back.

Gave him last 90 day approval (online), "pending" and copy e-mail, all fixed in 2 minute longer than before only 1 issue, which I'm going to ignore, despite having a UK passport in his hand he's marked my nationality as LAO on the approval slip didn't notice until I got home.

7 minutes ago, CharlieH said:
  1. Didnt work for me 4 hrs ago ! By net or App.

Worked like a charm, few minutes end of November.

I also tried today, same as yourself I used web and app. Been down now for several days I believe. Current Thread regarding reports to MTT being nasty.

They will just renew your 90 day report when they do your extension and charge you 2000 Bt.

If immigration can legally turn you away from the border, even if you have a valid visa, I don't see why they can't refuse you an extension.

Under the TM2 form which you have to sign, it says if you break the conditions, these are grounds to refuse you an extension. If the IO considers 90 day reporting a condition of your stay, you could be refused.

59 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

It takes 5 minutes when it's working. I tried from last Wednesday until Monday morning when I gave up and spent a half day going in person to file the report. 

9 minutes ago, userabcd said:

And don't forget that they will enter a stamp in your passport for the payment of the fine for the late report. In CW they do this and after a few of these filling up ones passport immigration may just be a little miffed if it becomes a regular infraction.

CM IO also do the stamp thing. I Know.

Three strikes and are you out?

3 minutes ago, onekoolguy said:

It takes 5 minutes when it's working. I tried from last Wednesday until Monday morning when I gave up and spent a half day going in person to file the report. 

Sometimes it is faster and less hassle by just going there to do an in person report.

We're less than 1km from the Hat Yai immigration office, so the wife pops in on her bike and does it, zero cost or stress for me.

As for the original question, why give immigration any potential ammunition?

Never understood WHY when completing online you dont need anything..

No uploads, no pictures,no passport image, nothing.

But in person, same computer system, you need copies of everything up the wazoo and a picture !

If its not needed for one, why oh why do you get all that BS on a manual submission.  TIT.

36 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Under the TM2 form which you have to sign, it says if you break the conditions, these are grounds to refuse you an extension. If the IO considers 90 day reporting a condition of your stay, you could be refused.

The STM2, in the English version, doesn't mention 90 day reports being required, it mentions other reasons that will/could terminate your permission to stay. It quite conceivable that an IO might consider 90 day reports part of those T&C's. Then the answer would be

yes / no / maybe / sometimes / always / flip a coin (or maybe that would come under gambling so not allowed). 

8 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

But in person, same computer system, you need copies of everything up the wazoo and a picture !

Not every office wants all of that to do a report in person.

All I have ever needed is my passport and a TM47 form at the most. The last time I did one in person they only wanted my passport that had my 90 day report slip in it.

8 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

If its not needed for one, why oh why do you get all that BS on a manual submission.  TIT.

Next time you go just give them your passport and last 90 day approval slip.

I'm suggesting that you have the TM47 and the passport copies with you but keep hold until he specifically asks for them. He didn't this morning for me and they never look at them anyway they only look at your passport.

11 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

At Phitsanulok, even the form is not needed. Walk in with passport, in the reader, print out slip (on half an A4, so half a sheet wasted) and it's done.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not every office wants all of that to do a report in person.

All I have ever needed is my passport and a TM47 form at the most. The last time I did one in person they only wanted my passport that had my 90 day report slip in it.

This is the first time in my Phetchabun history that I've not need copies of all passport pages and the TM6 "Departure Card", except when doing online.

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

At Phitsanulok, even the form is not needed. Walk in with passport, in the reader, print out slip (on half an A4, so half a sheet wasted) and it's done.

Agreed I saw them do that when I went for my annual extensions, but I did my 90 day by post so it was TM47 and all the copies.

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

Because you are lucky. It works for you but many, including me spend hours and still are not on the required page. After a while you just give up.  A couple years ago you could make an online appointment for your one year extension. You had to stay up until midnight, 3 months in advance, all the spot were taken by 01 AM, how convenient.  I live less than 1 km from the immigration but others have to travel a couple hrs just to get there. Just a waste of time and unnecessary bureaucratic officialdom that does actually completely nothing about security or whatever .

Archived