Thailand Mulls Waiving Quarantine Rule for Vaccinated Tourists

webfact

9 hours ago, nkg said:

This isn't the first time this idea has been mentioned (probably the 20th time), but it's interesting that it is the PM who is saying it this time.

Bingo and he is the one who has to sign off on it. I'm calling it a done deal. Since this is uncharted waters it makes sense everyone will be Tracked. Chinese won't care and that's all that matters 

Bashers won't like it but oh well.. 

Pre-covid I booked a stay at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort.  It was to be an expensive luxury break. I have tried to resurrect the trip but get no replies as it now appears on the ASQL list.  They have my money but are not giving me what I paid for - is this Thainess going to encourage tourism?  I live permanently in Thailand!utrigge I

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand may scrap mandatory quarantine for foreign visitors vaccinated against Covid-19 as it may help the nation revive its tourism industry, according to Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-Ocha.

Maybe they should also mull the benefit of vaccinating the Thailand population at the same time... 

double whammy.

• Like 1

Doubt Quarantine can be eliminated even with vaccinated tourists.  At present the approved vaccines have an efficacy of over 90 percent but the true numbers will be probably less.  At least for this year I see a shorter quarantine.  Currently those in Quarantine in Thailand get their first Covid 19 Test at Day 5.  The results come back on day 6 and those who are negative are allowed to leave their rooms on day 7. The most realistic quarantine policy for future is 7 days with a Covid 19 test at day 5 or 6.  Those who are negaitve then should be "freed".  

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Ah, more sa-mart BMWs. 

Israel is going to issue green passports to its population and you will not be able to go to work or go shopping, or school without one 

People up in the air about this right now 

On the news today 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MuayThaiGuy said:

They have already said that the vaccine will NOT prevent you from contracting the "virus", or spreading it.

So, what's the point of vaccination passports?

For people who haven't figured it out yet..

Vaccines are extremely profitable.

Pharmaceutical companies (and the politicians they have paid off), have wanted to implement a system whereby our freedoms are tied to our vaccination status for quite some time now.

Once "health passports" are in place, and your mobility rights can be tied to your vaccination status - pharma companies and their bought-off government shills can easily coerce you into rolling up your sleeve for as many injections as they want.

They can't even be sued for injuries/deaths either as they have a complete exemption from liability.

Quite the business model.

I can't believe so many "men" are willing to give up their right to bodily autonomy so easily.

It's so submissive and pathetic.

Obviously you have not been sick with Covid. If you had, then maybe you'd be singing a different tune.

The next time you catch the common cold, I hope you just suck on lemons for the vitamin C.

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Doubt Quarantine can be eliminated even with vaccinated tourists.  At present the approved vaccines have an efficacy of over 90 percent but the true numbers will be probably less.  At least for this year I see a shorter quarantine.  Currently those in Quarantine in Thailand get their first Covid 19 Test at Day 5.  The results come back on day 6 and those who are negative are allowed to leave their rooms on day 7. The most realistic quarantine policy for future is 7 days with a Covid 19 test at day 5 or 6.  Those who are negaitve then should be "freed".  

No significant number of tourists then - economy RIP 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

The Government said that it would be possibility be end of 2022 by the time they have vacciated all the Thai population,  can the economy wait that long... I doubt it.. 

Then they need to start on the non-Thai population, migrant workers first of course

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, nkg said:

Yes, I am happy to get vaccinated in Thailand and to pay for it. My point was that many Thaivisa posters seem to want to delay the return of tourism for as long as possible. Great for them ... not so good for those currently outside Thailand ...

It does work both ways and there are some of us “Stuck” in Thailand who would love to go visit our families back “Home” (UK) but face the same challenges coming back “Home” hone (Thailand) as anybody else so welcome the opening up of things.

If anything we have it even harder as there are no options for us to get the vaccine here at the moment whereas the UK is ploughing ahead with its vaccine programme & will soon have most of the posters on here demographic covered.

happy to pay for the vaccine but it’s simply not available to private patients for the foreseeable future .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, madmen said:

Bingo and he is the one who has to sign off on it. I'm calling it a done deal. Since this is uncharted waters it makes sense everyone will be Tracked. Chinese won't care and that's all that matters 

Bashers won't like it but oh well.. 

PMs are full of good ideas.

A successor to the Global Travel Taskforce will be created by government, and report on when international travel might resume by April 12, the prime minister has announced.

https://www.travelweekly.co.uk/news/air/international-travel-resumption-plan-to-be-given-by-april-12

6 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

It does work both ways and there are some of us “Stuck” in Thailand who would love to go visit our families back “Home” (UK) but face the same challenges coming back “Home” hone (Thailand) as anybody else so welcome the opening up of things.

Exactly. I am more concerned about getting in and out of the UK safely than anything here in Thailand.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand Mulls Waiving Quarantine Rule for Vaccinated Tourists

Misleading headline, here's the correct one...

Thailand Mulls Inviting SARS-COV2 In by Waiving Quarantine Rule for Vaccinated Tourists

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Ok you are viruses free and have been vaccinated . On the way to the airport you get exposed to the virus and carry it to Thailand and spread it everywhere.

Vaccines don’t fully protect against infection, even if they can block symptoms from appearing. As a result, vaccinated people can unknowingly carry and spread pathogens. Occasionally, they can even start epidemics. 

Edited by kiteman9
Add more info