Cheapest Non-OA Bt400K and Covid $100K insurance for 70-75 year old, new enrollment

I plan to go to the U.S. for a couple of months soon after I extend my OA-based permission to stay.  I'll need both these policies in order to return to Thailand.  (I have an OA plan now, but it's too expensive and I want to change to something cheaper when I do my extension.)

What are the cheapest options that will accept a 70 year-old, new enrollment?

HI,

When applying for the 1-year extension based on your original Non Imm O-A Visa for reason of retirement, you need to have an IO-approved policy from a Thai TGIA associated insurer that meets the 400K/40K in/out-patient coverage requirement.

The cheapest 'throw-away' policy to meet that mandatory requirement is the LMG Insurance Plan-1 policy with 200K deductible which sells for an annual fee of 6.000 THB to 11.400 THB in the age categories of 51 to 75 years of age.  An additional advantage of that policy is that it does NOT require a medical exam to subscribe to it.

>> I PM-ed you a Guideline document with caveats and tips on how to suscribe to that LMG Insurance policy.

9 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

HI,

When applying for the 1-year extension based on your original Non Imm O-A Visa for reason of retirement, you need to have an IO-approved policy from a Thai TGIA associated insurer that meets the 400K/40K in/out-patient coverage requirement.

The cheapest 'throw-away' policy to meet that mandatory requirement is the LMG Insurance Plan-1 policy with 200K deductible which sells for an annual fee of 6.000 THB to 11.400 THB in the age categories of 51 to 75 years of age.  An additional advantage of that policy is that it does NOT require a medical exam to subscribe to it.

>> I PM-ed you a Guideline document with caveats and tips on how to suscribe to that LMG Insurance policy.

Is there a maximum age on the LMG policy?

On 2/23/2021 at 5:13 PM, Peter Denis said:

HI,

Yes, I already have a IO-approved policy, which I got for my last extension, and which was expensive.  For next year, I'll look into the LMG policy to save money.  Thanks.

What about the US$100K Covid policy I'll need to come back from my visit to the US? What is the cheapest one available in Thailand?

13 minutes ago, JTXR said:

Yes, I already have a IO-approved policy, which I got for my last extension, and which was expensive.  For next year, I'll look into the LMG policy to save money.  Thanks.

What about the US$100K Covid policy I'll need to come back from my visit to the US? What is the cheapest one available in Thailand?

Hi JTXR, contrary to the 400K/40K health-insurnance, the 100.000 US $ covid-19 insurance does NOT need to be Thai IO-approved (i.e. issued by a TGIA-associated insurer or needing the specific Foreign Insurance Certificate that refers to Thai legislation).

ANY policy that meets the 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment - be it Thai or foreign/international or travel-insurance - will do, but you would need a 'statement' from the insurer that your policy meets that 100.000 US $ treatment requirement to have it accepted.

Note: For sure the FREE Emirates covid-19 insurance is the cheapest way of meeting the requirement.  When flying with Emirates it is provided free as part of your flight with them, and it is valid for 30 days on a on-way flight and it will cover your full journey when having a return-flight.

Applicants have succesfully used that Emirates insurance to meet the CoE requirements, but I did read a report of a Middle-East Thai Embassy that was specific and stated it did not accept such free airline-insurance (maybe sour grapes from a country those national carrier did not offer that same benefit).

1 hour ago, JTXR said:

I switched from P Cross to LMG for the same reasons, but now I supplement it with a travel medical from Tokio Marine, but I don't know of that would meet their requirements for 100k, but it does cover it. 

On 2/26/2021 at 10:26 AM, Peter Denis said:

Note: For sure the FREE Emirates covid-19 insurance is the cheapest way of meeting the requirement.  When flying with Emirates it is provided free as part of your flight with them, and it is valid for 30 days on a on-way flight and it will cover your full journey when having a return-flight.

Sounds good for tourists, but I'm on a OA-based extension so my Covid insurance, like the OA baht 400-K insurance needs to cover until the end of my extension (i.e., up to 1 year).

Archived