Thai Visa Forum

Can anyone help me with identifying these painted road markings?

I have seen similar when driving from Pattaya to Chantaburi, those were in a white bordered box with a small red square top left & a yellow square bottom right.

I should add that roadworks are due to start  soon  in our area. 😎

20210223_161319.jpg

It's a bipartisan road, red and yellow shirts are allowed...or might it mean that they are allowed 'meet there'. Hmm🙂

Seriously though,as I wrote on TV a while back where I had noticed new road markings...white lines with short white bars. Not in the newest Thai drivers manual, no where on the net, so I went to the Traffic office. They didn't know and told me to go to the technical section...they didn't know either. But after they made a phone call to someone I was told that the markings were just extra alerts for drivers to slow. So I wouldn't bother with the traffic section if I were you but probably the road marking paint shop would know, Ha!

2 hours ago, rucker4012 said:

Suspect indicates under ground services so not to disturb when doing new construction

You could be on a winner with that, this is the final stage of Soi Siam Country Club upgrade, (Pattaya) the diggers have started further along making deep wide trenches for the new drains. Thanks. 👍🏻

3 hours ago, rucker4012 said:

Suspect indicates under ground services so not to disturb when doing new construction

This is how it is done in many countries: often with measurements and other codes added.

On 2/23/2021 at 12:56 PM, Golden Triangle said:

Can anyone help me with identifying these painted road markings?

Harley Quinn was here...😉

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, TKDfella said:

It's a bipartisan road, red and yellow shirts are allowed...or might it mean that they are allowed 'meet there'. Hmm🙂

Seriously though,as I wrote on TV a while back where I had noticed new road markings...white lines with short white bars. Not in the newest Thai drivers manual, no where on the net, so I went to the Traffic office. They didn't know and told me to go to the technical section...they didn't know either. But after they made a phone call to someone I was told that the markings were just extra alerts for drivers to slow. So I wouldn't bother with the traffic section if I were you but probably the road marking paint shop would know, Ha!

We now have those white lines with short white bars on our mountain road after a few bikes killed themselves going around sharp corners and drifting into on coming traffic even though it is 3 lanes wide. These corners still have no markers indicating they are sharp or you need to slow down to 40kph.

Today I even had a Thai blow his horn at me because I stayed in lane 2 while he wanted to cross all 3 lanes from the outside, even though he was not going fast.

• Like 1