Road markings

Can anyone help me with identifying these painted road markings?

I have seen similar when driving from Pattaya to Chantaburi, those were in a white bordered box with a small red square top left & a yellow square bottom right.

I should add that roadworks are due to start  soon  in our area. ????

20210223_161319.jpg

It's a bipartisan road, red and yellow shirts are allowed...or might it mean that they are allowed 'meet there'. Hmm????

Seriously though,as I wrote on TV a while back where I had noticed new road markings...white lines with short white bars. Not in the newest Thai drivers manual, no where on the net, so I went to the Traffic office. They didn't know and told me to go to the technical section...they didn't know either. But after they made a phone call to someone I was told that the markings were just extra alerts for drivers to slow. So I wouldn't bother with the traffic section if I were you but probably the road marking paint shop would know, Ha!

2 hours ago, rucker4012 said:

Suspect indicates under ground services so not to disturb when doing new construction

You could be on a winner with that, this is the final stage of Soi Siam Country Club upgrade, (Pattaya) the diggers have started further along making deep wide trenches for the new drains. Thanks. ????????

10 hours ago, TKDfella said:

It's a bipartisan road, red and yellow shirts are allowed...or might it mean that they are allowed 'meet there'. Hmm????

Seriously though,as I wrote on TV a while back where I had noticed new road markings...white lines with short white bars. Not in the newest Thai drivers manual, no where on the net, so I went to the Traffic office. They didn't know and told me to go to the technical section...they didn't know either. But after they made a phone call to someone I was told that the markings were just extra alerts for drivers to slow. So I wouldn't bother with the traffic section if I were you but probably the road marking paint shop would know, Ha!

We now have those white lines with short white bars on our mountain road after a few bikes killed themselves going around sharp corners and drifting into on coming traffic even though it is 3 lanes wide. These corners still have no markers indicating they are sharp or you need to slow down to 40kph.

Today I even had a Thai blow his horn at me because I stayed in lane 2 while he wanted to cross all 3 lanes from the outside, even though he was not going fast.

• Like 1