Marriage Extension questions (400K+ bank etc.)

Hey

I'm going to apply for the 1 year extension based on marriage and got a few questions about that: 

1. I've had 400K+ THB in a Thai bank account for more than 2 months. What documentation should I bring to prove this? I've read something about a bank letter but what would the letter say? I doubt the bank (Kasikorn) will know what I want. Should I also include a copy of my bank book with the bank account number as well?
  2. As proof of residence I'll include a copy of my condo rental agreement, should I also include the TM30? Our host filed our TM30 online but about 2 months after the contract started but not sure that will be an issue? 
  3. To get the Kor Ror 22 I need to have the affidavit and the marriage certificate translated and then certified by the MFA. How long does it take for the MFA to certify the translations? 

Thank you. 

As requirements can and do vary by office,, you may want to post which office you are dealing with so if anyone has been there they will have first hand knowledge of what is required there.

Iwould also advise to ask your local office exactly what they require.

Do you have your witnesses lined up ?

OP, your bank should know what is required by immigration regarding letter. It's nice if you obtain it on day of application however day or so earlier is OK. Photocopy relevant pages of your bank book. Page with your name and account # etc. Also pages showing previous 2 month balance. 

Your lease should be fine for your address. Obviously take along your TM30 since you have one.

The experts esp married guys can advise re your photos together, marriage docs etc etc.

Being single cannot advise about that.

The immigration office you deal with is important as mentioned by CharlieH

About the Bank letter you can ask this letter at Chaeng Wattana Kasikorn Branch. They open 8:30. if you go early morning go pickup your queue number and then normally you have enough time for asking this bank letter, update bank book and do the required photo copies.

If you have to do your extension in Bangkok. Else I hope there will be somebody who can tell you about their Immigration office.

It's really not that complicated if you have your documents in order.

Three more things to add to your list:

• Copy of your wife's Thai ID card.
  • A hand-drawn map showing the route from the immigration office to your residence. 
  • A picture of you and your wife inside the house (bedroom) and another of you both standing outside with the house number showing.

Plus, everything in duplicate.

54 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

As requirements can and do vary by office,

I was told I was one day short. I said but it is only 2 months but they said as I had moved province it was 3 months. But they were Ok with it anyway. 

So check.

2 hours ago, TPDH said:
Hey

I'm going to apply for the 1 year extension based on marriage and got a few questions about that: 

1. I've had 400K+ THB in a Thai bank account for more than 2 months. What documentation should I bring to prove this? I've read something about a bank letter but what would the letter say? I doubt the bank (Kasikorn) will know what I want. Should I also include a copy of my bank book with the bank account number as well?
  2. As proof of residence I'll include a copy of my condo rental agreement, should I also include the TM30? Our host filed our TM30 online but about 2 months after the contract started but not sure that will be an issue? 
  3. To get the Kor Ror 22 I need to have the affidavit and the marriage certificate translated and then certified by the MFA. How long does it take for the MFA to certify the translations? 

Thank you. 

1. The bank should be well aware of what the requirements of the local Immigration Office.

If your dealing with Phetchabun office all bank letters, etc., must be dated on the day of application including an update in the passbook on the day (I take out the 1,900 Baht extension fee & update the book before going into the bank). I was just reminded of the requirements this morning, when obtaining the application forms (5) for retirement (TM7 plus 3 Acknowledgments of Conditions and a house location map), don't know how many for marriage but would expect 4 looking at what they handed me.

2 and 3 it's outside my knowledge area.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, your bank should know what is required by immigration regarding letter. It's nice if you obtain it on day of application however day or so earlier is OK. Photocopy relevant pages of your bank book. Page with your name and account # etc. Also pages showing previous 2 month balance. 

Your lease should be fine for your address. Obviously take along your TM30 since you have one.

The experts esp married guys can advise re your photos together, marriage docs etc etc.

Being single cannot advise about that.

The immigration office you deal with is important as mentioned by CharlieH

For the 2 months balance I guess I'll just get a bank statement for the past 2 months? 

21 hours ago, marty147 said:

Three more things to add to your list:

• Copy of your wife's Thai ID card.
  • A hand-drawn map showing the route from the immigration office to your residence. 
  • A picture of you and your wife inside the house (bedroom) and another of you both standing outside with the house number showing.

Plus, everything in duplicate.

Everything in duplicate is yet another thing that varies office to office. I didn't need that at Kalasin.

11 hours ago, fishtank said:

Bank letter and updated bank book will show this.

You don't need a bank statement.

Sorry,  but wrong at Pathum Thani IO.

You DO need printed out bank statements  (I get 3 months even though only 2 required....costs the same). And I get the manager or clerk to stamp/sign each page of these. 

That's in addition to the Bank letter, and photocopies of each bankbook page going back 2 (3?) Months. 

If you're going to the bank anyway for the "letter" and a current transaction,  why not get the statements?? 

If they don't want them, then it's cost you all of B120.

Good luck !

On 2/23/2021 at 7:19 PM, TPDH said:

've had 400K+ THB in a Thai bank account for more than 2 months. What documentation should I bring to prove this? I've read something about a bank letter but what would the letter say? I doubt the bank (Kasikorn) will know what I want. Should I also include a copy of my bank book with the bank account number as well?

As mentioned every immi office is different but attached is what worked for me today as far as the K-Bank letter (redacted). I had the letter written in both Thai and English so I could understand the Thai language copy submitted.  In addition to the bank letter obtained the day I applied for marriage extension (today Feb 24) I had over 2 months statement of my account stamped plus a copy of my updated my bank book the day of application because the bank account statement only gives the last complete business day (23 Feb) and the updated bank book gives a snapshot of 24 Feb (today).  

If you go to a K Bank near you Immi Office they will probably know what you need which is what I did, cost 300 bhat.  I went to my local K Bank office not near an Immi Office the first time I applied for an extension and they looked at me like I had 3 eyeballs.  Hope this helps.

Kbank Letter.pdf

On 2/23/2021 at 7:19 PM, TPDH said:

Obviously you need to be legally married first before applying for an extension based on marriage.

You should also obtain a certified copy of your Passport from your Embassy as most Amphurs now request this.

Have this translated and legalised by the MFA along with your affirmation.

My advice, there is a translation office on the 3rd floor of the MFA who can quickly do the translation (they have templates), then take it downstairs to the legalisation section. Depending how busy they are it can take up to 3 days. You can pay 100 baht for return of completed documents to your home address by EMS.

This saves you hanging around Bangkok. Usually returned within 5 days.

Once you register your marriage, you'll be provided with 2 marriage certificates (KR3) and a registration certificate of the marriage (KR 2). As your newly married that will probably still be accepted by Immigration without an updated one.

1 minute ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Just did my 1 year extension based on marriage. If you were married here in Thailand, you do not need to have the Kor Ror or marriage certificate translated.

If you were married elsewhere, it's easier, cheaper and faster to get married here in Thailand. Only takes  about 10 minutes 

2 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Just did my 1 year extension based on marriage. If you were married here in Thailand, you do not need to have the Kor Ror or marriage certificate translated.

Correct, most just require a simple form produced by the Amphur where you were married (kor ror3?) that verifies the marriage is still valid etc.

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Correct, most just require a simple form produced by the Amphur where you were married (kor ror3?) that verifies the marriage is still valid etc.

If married here it a Kor Ror 2 that is needed and a printout of it can be requested at any Amphoe.

If married outside Thailand it is a Kor Ror 22 foreign marriage registry.

6 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Thanks for that, but nobody said a KR 2 had to be translated.

Archived