Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Retirement Visa Extensions At Chaeng Watthana?


Recommended Posts

Just wondering if the whole process and procedure of applying for a 1 year visa extension on the basis retirement at CW is still exactly the same as before?

 

Meaning, under Covid resitrictions are there any changes to the normal process or location for applying for the extension? And do you need to do any online queuing in advance?

 

Or do you just show up at the 120 Mu 3 Chaeng Watthana Soi 7 building and get a queue number and then apply as normal?

 

Many thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First up, if you are able to make an appointment definitely do that. I won't go into that now as the tips and advice re that is waste of time if you cannot make appointment. CW has most bank

Great. Give you couple of tips now as may be of use to others.  You need printout of your appointment confirmation. That is emailed to you instantly when you make appointment. On lower level

Everything the same. Note that there is now an appointment system available if you want. Walk in as per previously still available. Appointment system works a treat however I believe that qu

Posted Images

Everything the same.

Note that there is now an appointment system available if you want. Walk in as per previously still available.

Appointment system works a treat however I believe that queue online is currently down.

Check latter if it up and running as it saves LOT of time.

Appointment link 

http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the pro tip. The online queuing sounds great. I just went to the site and it seems to be running fine. I didn't try and schedule an appointment yet, but the site looks to be working from what I can see.

 

By the way, do you know if the general process still takes the same amount of time as before Covid or are there perhaps less people down there now applying for extensions than before?

 

I am assuming the number of people on this type of visa hasn't been reduced by Covid though. So probably the processing and waiting time is generally the same, assuming you don't have an appointment?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JimMorris said:

Thank you for the pro tip. The online queuing sounds great. I just went to the site and it seems to be running fine. I didn't try and schedule an appointment yet, but the site looks to be working from what I can see.

 

By the way, do you know if the general process still takes the same amount of time as before Covid or are there perhaps less people down there now applying for extensions than before?

 

I am assuming the number of people on this type of visa hasn't been reduced by Covid though. So probably the processing and waiting time is generally the same, assuming you don't have an appointment?

First up, if you are able to make an appointment definitely do that.

I won't go into that now as the tips and advice re that is waste of time if you cannot make appointment.

CW has most banks apart from SCB on lower lever. I booked time slot 10.45am. That gave me time to obtain bank letter and make deposit etc. Are you using income method or money in bank?

I will skip other advice till you confirm your success with appointment.

I was seen at 10.30am (15 mins early). The initial process (check docs) was under 10mins. Then wait further 25 mins for final check. Absolute breeze. 

 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you. Money in bank method. Unfortunately my bank doesn't have a branch on the lower level of the building. But the bank is around the corner from me and they open at 8:30. They said I could get the letter done in half an hour. I think if I book an appointment for 10:45 like you did then I should be able to make it their in time and with letter already in hand.

 

Once I get an appointment booked online I will let you know.

 

Thanks again for all the great intel.

Edited by JimMorris
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JimMorris said:

Thank you. Money in bank method. Unfortunately my bank doesn't have a branch on the lower level of the building. But the bank is around the corner from me and they open at 8:30. They said I could get the letter done in half an hour. I think if I book an appointment for 10:45 like you did then I should be able to make it their in time and with letter already in hand.

 

Once I get an appointment booked online I will let you know.

 

Thanks again for all the great intel.

Great. Give you couple of tips now as may be of use to others. 

You need printout of your appointment confirmation. That is emailed to you instantly when you make appointment.

On lower level of CW (where banks are) there is photo/photocopy stall. Have your cell and forward your confirmation appointment to them and they print it out. 5 baht.

When walk into imm area walk straight past main queue desk. 

On your confirmation email they list a desk. Think L32 from memory. You need to be 15 mins early as often you can be seen ahead of appointment slot. Don't just take a seat and wait to be called. Keep eye on desk office and when clerk not busy approach entry with your appointment printout. Sounds lame advice but there was a guy that banged on that he waited long time past his appointment. Perhaps he was waiting for PA announcement.

If for some reason you wish/need make new appointment just do exactly what you did previously. Half way through first page there will be a message on screen (think it may have been in Thai) basically asking if you wish to continue. That will automatically cancel your existing appointment.

Good luck.

BTW the other desks for walk in seemed less crowded than my previous experiences.

Extensions based on marriage do not have appointment option.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great, thank you. All excellent info.

 

Just refreshing my memory on the docs I will need to bring for the renewal of extension. This is what I had saved:

 

1 - Form TM.7 Filled In

2 - 1 Photo

3 - A letter from the bank showing account balance and dated the same date as when applying for the extension of stay.

4 - Account passbook that has been updated by the bank the same day as applying for the extension of stay. Plus a photo copy of the passbook.

5 - Photocopies of all related visa and entry stamps in my passport and a photocopy of my T.M.6 entry form.

6 - Copy of the latest 90 day report in my passport.

 

Did I leave anything out?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JimMorris said:

Great, thank you. All excellent info.

 

Just refreshing my memory on the docs I will need to bring for the renewal of extension. This is what I had saved:

 

1 - Form TM.7 Filled In

2 - 1 Photo

3 - A letter from the bank showing account balance and dated the same date as when applying for the extension of stay.

4 - Account passbook that has been updated by the bank the same day as applying for the extension of stay. Plus a photo copy of the passbook.

5 - Photocopies of all related visa and entry stamps in my passport and a photocopy of my T.M.6 entry form.

6 - Copy of the latest 90 day report in my passport.

 

Did I leave anything out?

 

At CW some folk state that you need hand drawn map of your address. My condo has a flyer with details and on reverse side has location map. I've used photocopy of that for 9 years.

Also regarding bank account. I always show activity on the day of application. 100baht deposit. I do that at same time as obtaining bank letter and ask clerk to photocopy the last page showing this deposit.

If you have obtained new passport then page with transfer of info from old to new I provide however from memory don't think it's required. I stuffed up with one item last time and the io allowed me to nip downstairs to photocopy joint I mentioned earlier. Think you have it covered.

Edited by DrJack54
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. I have done the hand drawn map a few times. I thought they wanted it to be hand drawn. Good to know they will accept a printed one. I can bring that too.

 

They usually hit you with a couple of other acknowledgement forms to sign while you are there as too. I can't remember what they all are since I never have kept copies of them.

 

Yes, often you have to make a small transaction in or out of the account to get the passbook balance to update with the current date. The bank said if there is any interest that was credited since the last update that this would give you an entry on the day you go to get it updated for the visa. But I am assuming if there was some interest credited at the end of last year that the passbook entry will only show the date of when the interest was posted when it is added to the passbook and not the current date. So you will still need to have some movement on the account on the day to get it to update with an entry showing the current date I believe.

 

Thanks again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, JimMorris said:

They usually hit you with a couple of other acknowledgement forms to sign while you are there as too. I can't remember what they all are since I never have kept copies of them.

Think it's 3 now. Don't even concern yourself with them. One is acknowledgement of overstay penalities etc. Just sign away.

Re the activity in account. Just deposit 100baht. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I put in the appointment request. I am assuming that the acknowledgement screen at the end of the process on the website, which shows you all your details, isn't in itself a confirmation of anything? Probably that's only confirming they received your details and most likely I need to wait for the conformation email before I have a confirmed appointment? if so, do you recall how long it takes to receive the email confirmation? Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JimMorris said:

if so, do you recall how long it takes to receive the email confirmation?

It may be in your spam folder now. That has happened to many people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2021 at 8:28 PM, DrJack54 said:

First up, if you are able to make an appointment definitely do that.

I won't go into that now as the tips and advice re that is waste of time if you cannot make appointment.

CW has most banks apart from SCB on lower lever. I booked time slot 10.45am. That gave me time to obtain bank letter and make deposit etc. Are you using income method or money in bank?

I will skip other advice till you confirm your success with appointment.

I was seen at 10.30am (15 mins early). The initial process (check docs) was under 10mins. Then wait further 25 mins for final check. Absolute breeze. 

 

Was reading this thread just to know more about the appointment system. So I was wondering how much benefit the appointment has if there aren't many people there at Muang Thong Thani temporary immigration office? The reason I ask is that from my house it can be a 45 min to 1.5 hrs drive to get there, so it might be hard to be in time anyway. So just want to make absolutely sure that I can still go there without pre booking a time online?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JimMorris said:

Thanks. But I don't think it is a spam issue.

Reports that some have found it in spam folder. 

Apart from the the appointment confirmation should be almost instant.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Checked my spam folder and nothing. I had put in the request yesterday early evening and no reply until now. Perhaps I should resubmit? I did though get that acknowledgement screen at the end of the process which said to print the email or text and bring it to the appointment. I am not sure what they mean exactly by text, but perhaps that refers to a text message (SMS) confirmation, but I didn't receive one of those either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

Was reading this thread just to know more about the appointment system. So I was wondering how much benefit the appointment has if there aren't many people there at Muang Thong Thani temporary immigration office? The reason I ask is that from my house it can be a 45 min to 1.5 hrs drive to get there, so it might be hard to be in time anyway. So just want to make absolutely sure that I can still go there without pre booking a time online?

This thread is about extensions based on retirement at CW. 

Not sure what your doing at MTT. If it's for a 60 day 'covid extension' I was under impression that appointment was necessary.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JimMorris said:

Checked my spam folder and nothing. I had put in the request yesterday early evening and no reply until now. Perhaps I should resubmit? I did though get that acknowledgement screen at the end of the process which said to print the email or text and bring it to the appointment. I am not sure what they mean exactly by text, but perhaps that refers to a text message (SMS) confirmation, but I didn't receive one of those either.

You should have received a confirmation email. You then need print that out. Rather than muck around at internet cafe ( if you don't have a printer) there is photo/general photocopy shop lower level. You forward the email to them and they print it on the spot. Couple of baht.

Since you haven't received the email you could try and make another booking. If early in the process you get a message drop in....that message (might be in Thai) is asking if you wish to cancel your booking. If you get that message that would indicate that your appointment is in the system. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. I haven't received anything at all. If nothing comes by tomorrow morning then I will try booking it online again. There is a call center number to call on the immigration website, but not sure if it would be worth trying to phone the number or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JimMorris said:

Thanks. I haven't received anything at all. If nothing comes by tomorrow morning then I will try booking it online again. There is a call center number to call on the immigration website, but not sure if it would be worth trying to phone the number or not.

Open the appointment link again.

On top right very clear is "check your appointment"

Prompts you to fill in you passport #.

That will tell you if you have an appointment.

http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. Yes, it comes up. So I guess that means it is confirmed. Great. As we have been discussing, I haven't gotten the email, but I saved and printed a screenshot of the acknowledgement screen which has all my info. So I guess I can just show them that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, JimMorris said:

Checked my spam folder and nothing.

If you have a promotions folder you might want to check it also. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JimMorris said:

Thanks. Yes, it comes up. So I guess that means it is confirmed. Great. As we have been discussing, I haven't gotten the email, but I saved and printed a screenshot of the acknowledgement screen which has all my info. So I guess I can just show them that.

That should be enough and you do need hard copy. Print out.

Quirky thing is that they take picture of you holding email confirmation print out under your chin. Bit like a mug shot

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JimMorris said:

Thanks. Yes, it comes up. So I guess that means it is confirmed. Great. As we have been discussing, I haven't gotten the email, but I saved and printed a screenshot of the acknowledgement screen which has all my info. So I guess I can just show them that.

Here is what confirmation email looks like.

 

 

Screenshot_20210225-164810~2.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have a promotions folder you might want to check it also. 

Thanks. I am not using Gmail. I have my own mail hosting and it rarely filters anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. I checked carefully and I definitely didn't receive any emails from that email address. Nothing more I can do I guess except call them or try writing to that email address and inform them I didn't receive the booking confirmation email.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JimMorris said:

Thanks. I checked carefully and I definitely didn't receive any emails from that email address. Nothing more I can do I guess except call them or try writing to that email address and inform them I didn't receive the booking confirmation email.

This is not advice. More just what I would try. I would try booking slot immediately after your current one. As I mentioned earlier you will be asked if you wish to continue. Selecting yes will cancel existing appointment then they will confirm your new booking and hopefully you will receive email.

BTW, I found them very helpful. The worst case would be your rejected and need go to queue office and obtain # as per the many that don't or cannot make appointment.

Bit surprised no one has been along with similar issue or even better made an appointment with zero issu and advise. 

Keep in mind that recently there has been issues with appointments for 90 day reports etc

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...