Thai Visa Forum

Viral conspiracy alleges Bill Gates’ new climate effort is a secret plot to blot out the sun

2 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Just goes to show that mankind becomes stupider and stupider each year! How can you believe that <deleted>?! What’s wrong with these people? 

it is time to hold them accountable. People will say they have freedom of expression on the basis of scientific analysis/discussion.  Ok,, they can have it, but in cases like this let them be obliged to show evidence and to publicly identify themselves.

I think  when they are identified we will see that they are serial con artists who manipulate for profit or because mentally ill and more likely agents in the employ of enemy entities (Russia, Iran, China, Jihadis,  anarchists ) who seek to sabotage free society.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

it is time to hold them accountable. People will say they have freedom of expression on the basis of scientific analysis/discussion.  Ok,, they can have it, but in cases like this let them be obliged to show evidence and to publicly identify themselves.

I think  when they are identified we will see that they are serial con artists who manipulate for profit or because mentally ill and more likely agents in the employ of enemy entities (Russia, Iran, China, Jihadis,  anarchists ) who seek to sabotage free society.

You must be an American, home of all conspiracy theories. I suppose it was Antifa anarchists who were really responsible for invading the Capitol building? :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

• Like 1
On 2/23/2021 at 11:24 PM, Thaivisa Web Content Team said:

Stratospheric Controlled Perturbation Experiment,”

Wonder if they understand the law of unintended consequences.

it's so sad to see how this kind of pure b---s is promoted as being part of "free speech" in the USA, and even social media, such as FB, will publish it if they can make money or increase membership. Zuck is know for his ethics ---as long as we can make money, <deleted>, ethics.

10 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

I guess you never tried to put some sense into a conspiracy theorist! It’s pointless, you can give them all the evidence in the world and they still cry foul play! From their point of view they are the enlightened ones and all the others are dumb sheep! You could beat the truth into them and they still wouldn’t believe it because they’re too far gone! Yeah, you can ask them to prove what they’re saying and they’ll give ou some fabricated BS that can easily be disproven, but they’ll never believe you!  Association waste of time! The really sad part about today’s society is that a LOT of people just lap up whatever they’re told or what they read online without fact checking it. They read it and then it’s carved in stone! 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Antonymous said:

I know what you mean! How about all those religious nutters? People blow each other to smithereens because they've been conditioned to believe that 'their' god is better than 'your' god. Just Google and see how many millions of followers 'Jesus' has for example. Its insane what they believe he was and what he did! You just can't make this stuff up.

As you said above: "They read it and then it's carved in stone".

Yeah! It’s sad that there’s still wars fought over stuff like religions! 

• Like 1
On 2/25/2021 at 10:18 AM, pacovl46 said:

Just goes to show that mankind becomes stupider and stupider each year! How can you believe that <deleted>?! What’s wrong with these people? 

"What’s wrong with these people?"

I wonder why credible agencies don't talk to these people and try to discover exactly what drives them, push them for proof of their claims, challenge them to give deep credible logical insights into their claims. And dig deep to find the specific source of these claims and ask the conspiracy spreaders for permission to publish their names. And listen and learn. And then in non judgmental reporting publish what they have learned. 

Example: Anti-vaxxers who are claiming it's all a deliberate ploy to alter everybody's DNA.  

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2
On 2/23/2021 at 11:24 PM, Thaivisa Web Content Team said:

But since devoting the bulk of his wealth to philanthropy, Gates has been ground zero for conspiracy theories

In addition to being the major W.H.O. funder, didn't Gates also provide major funding for the polio induced vaccines in India also?

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/polio-outbreak-sudan-caused-oral-vaccine-72766683

• Like 1

Countries need to start doing what Finland does.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/28/fact-from-fiction-finlands-new-lessons-in-combating-fake-news

How Finland starts its fight against fake news in primary schools

Country on frontline of information war teaches everyone from school pupils to politicians how to spot slippery information

3 minutes ago, Freeduhdum said:

In addition to being the major W.H.O. funder, didn't Gates also provide major funding for the polio induced vaccines in India also?

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/polio-outbreak-sudan-caused-oral-vaccine-72766683

Congrats to Gates if he did fund polio vaccines. It's a horrible disease that could make a come back. 90% need to be jabbed to end the virus.

37 minutes ago, Freeduhdum said:

Well, the article you linked to had nothing to do with India. But even on its own terms regarding polio in Africa, what's your point?

13 hours ago, scorecard said:

"What’s wrong with these people?"

I wonder why credible agencies don't talk to these people and try to discover exactly what drives them, push them for proof of their claims, challenge them to give deep credible logical insights into their claims. And dig deep to find the specific source of these claims and ask the conspiracy spreaders for permission to publish their names. And listen and learn. And then in non judgmental reporting publish what they have learned. 

Example: Anti-vaxxers who are claiming it's all a deliberate ploy to alter everybody's DNA.  

Because they won’t believe anything they say! There’s more than enough studies already out there on all the conspiracy bs! How much more money do you expect to be wasted on trying convincing those nut jobs? All the formation is out there, one has just to look for it, but since the results don’t suit their world views they choose to ignore them! 

6 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Because they won’t believe anything they say! There’s more than enough studies already out there on all the conspiracy bs! How much more money do you expect to be wasted on trying convincing those nut jobs? All the formation is out there, one has just to look for it, but since the results don’t suit their world views they choose to ignore them! 

Well said, these folks can't be convinced, I have one living in my village, his claims are laughable, not logical, can be shot to pieces very easily, but he still believes. Also true he looks for opportunities to spruk his conspiracy theories especially amongst very old ladies living here in my village and making them upset, making them cry.

He no longer comes into our village restaurant because he cops such negative and severe abuse from many diners. Earlier when he was making claims about Bill Gates living in luxury in a cloud and directing the dropping of virus drops all over the world. Folks demanded he explain how anybody could live in a cloud, he couldn't and copped ridicule. He still believes.

However I suggest there is value in destroying the claims of conspiracy theorists to limit their spread thru many folks listening to more logical discussions that destroy the conspiracy theories. 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

That is one of their greatest episodes. The show rocked for 8 seasons, then twenty years of ------ .  Sad Still who can forget Mr Gates Burns inspired insanity?!

images (1)xxx.jpg

On 2/24/2021 at 5:18 PM, pacovl46 said:

Tin foil hats have been around since they invented tin foil.  Nothing new here.

35 minutes ago, impulse said:

I was under the impression that they had only been around since they invented Thai Visa.

I've never met one in real life and, if they do exist on the internet its obviously not in areas I inhabit. Thai Visa is their natural habitat and lately they have been breeding like purple lizards and some threads have been completely overrun by them.

I used to find TV a good source of information but important subjects such as Covid soon become drenched in lizard poo now.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, impulse said:

Yeah, but conspiracy theories become more and more ridiculous with each year that passes! 

Edited by pacovl46
  • Like 2
28 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Yeah, but conspiracy theories become more and more ridiculous with each year that passes! 

Agree, we had an old farang guy here in our retirement village North of Sydney (about 75 yo), he made every opportunity he could to talk about Covid 19 just after it started.

- China has been developing the Covid 19 virus for 50 years so it can take over the world.

- Don't go to China, all foreigners are murdered immediately on arrival.

- China sent hundreds of thousands of their citizens to all countries all with several suitcases full of bottles of the virus. On arrival abroad they all ran around everywhere spreading the virus, then they ran back to the airport and flew home to China.

The old guy here claims he has absolute proof of all of the above.

Many times people demanded he reveal his proof. His response 'Cannot because China would bomb and destroy every country and hundreds of millions of people.

Many times the old guy upset older folks. Especially female residents many of them reduced to crying.

The village admin. called the police who did nothing, then more recently his adult son came and took him away.  

Edited by scorecard
2 hours ago, impulse said:

But we're seeing more with the rise of QAnon and the right wing conspiracy theory nuts.  Like the 1776'ers.  Not very smart.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, scammed said:

we literally live in an ice age, and the moron wants to block out the sun

Haven't had your cup of coffee yet?  A nonsensical post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1