Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

German cyclist taken to hospital after collapsing in northern Thailand


Recommended Posts

Would be good to know whether he ignored warning signs, if so what were they? underlying conditions? or just undiagnosed, if so could happen to any of us. 

 

The post above doesn't give us any details apart from he used to like cycling hills and wasn't a beginner

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Would be good to know whether he ignored warning signs, if so what were they? underlying conditions? or just undiagnosed, if so could happen to any of us. 

 

The post above doesn't give us any details apart from he used to like cycling hills and wasn't a beginner

Right.  Obviously he had some underlying conditions.  Not sure if he was aware of them or not.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Hanuman2547 said:

Right.  Obviously he had some underlying conditions.  Not sure if he was aware of them or not.  

I know very fit 60-80yo cyclists, cycle 4+ times a week, average 80km, I'm wondering if you would class himself as one of those

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I know very fit 60-80yo cyclists, cycle 4+ times a week, average 80km, I'm wondering if you would class himself as one of those

I don't know him so I can't say.  He kind of sounds like it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Klaus, hope you recover and get back on the bike soon!

 

For all of the armchair critics: his underlying health is no concern of ours. I am sure he was aware of personal and environmental factors up to the point where he unfortunately found the limit! Luckily he is still with us.

 

ID: carrying some information with basic details [in Thai] is a good idea: [Note to self!]. Notwithstanding, even if carrying a lexicon of personal details after event registration, it would be normal for any medically trained responder to ask basic questions to ascertain a level of concious state. Eg: "open your eyes/ squeeze my hand/ what's your name [!!!]/ where do you live? etc. Perhaps that may the context in which it was reported.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by bobfish
Being a little more polite!
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bobfish said:

 


For all of the armchair critics: his underlying health is no concern of ours.

It would have been useful info, maybe saved a life of similar riders, oh well, we learn nothing from this

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bobfish said:

ID: carrying some information with basic details [in Thai] is a good idea: [Note to self!]. Notwithstanding, even if carrying a lexicon of personal details after event registration, it would be normal for any medically trained responder to ask basic questions to ascertain a level of concious state. Eg: "open your eyes/ squeeze my hand/ what's your name [!!!]/ where do you live? etc. Perhaps that may the context in which it was reported.

You expect Thai ambulance drivers to speak English?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

It would have been useful info, maybe saved a life of similar riders, oh well, we learn nothing from this

Perhaps that kind of information is readily available and common knowledge. Never too young to learn right? 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You expect Thai ambulance drivers to speak English?

Not necessarily, but maybe "sabai di mai?" could also elicit a response.

 

However. In this case and as reported: "They managed to resuscitate him and he was able to tell them that his name was Mr Klaus J.P. and had been living in the Mae Jan area for 7 years." Of course he could have told them in Thai. Or German.... 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bobfish said:

Perhaps that kind of information is readily available and common knowledge. Never too young to learn right? 😉

Not about the man's experience. You cycle much? 

Edited by scubascuba3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...