visa exemption for medical treatment /and visa extention

Hi all, I hold a Canadian passport, I am still eligible to entry Thailand under visa exemption right (during this covid pandemic period)?

If yes can I extend the visa exemption if i wish to stay longer in thailand?\ 

Also can I go to Thailand international hospital for any body examinations and diagnoses with this type of visa ?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, mimoti said:

Also can I go to Thailand international hospital for any body examinations and diagnoses with this type of visa ?

As pointed out visa exempt entry + 30 day extension would give you 75 days of which first 15 would be in quarantine. 

Medical treatment etc is separate. You could attend hospitals etc.

To remain after your 30 day extension you would require another option. If your over 50 you could obtain a non O (retirement) that gives you a 90 day stay. If able to obtain that you could skip the 30 day extension to your visa exempt entry.

In addition currently there is 60 day 'covid extension' available. These are available to be issued prior to end of March, however many believe that they will be continued.

A lot depends on how long you wish to stay in Thailand.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You enter visa exempt and you will get a 45 day entry. They increased it to 45 days to allow for 15 day quarantine. You can apply for a 30 day extension of it.

I plan to do just that. How soon after arriving can I apply for the extension? I would prefer to do it as soon as possible.

Archived