Might they be building something big at the Tappraya Road / Jomtien Beach road corner?

Jingthing

So a large area there is fenced off with some kind of signage that doesn't indicate what might be built there, if anything. On the other hand if it's going to be some kind of large commercial structure, there are currently many large TREES in the way and I see no sign as yet of them being removed.

Does anyone have any ideas about what's happening there?

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

So a large area there is fenced off with some kind of signage that doesn't indicate what might be built there, if anything. On the other hand if it's going to be some kind of large commercial structure, there are currently many large TREES in the way and I see no sign as yet of them being removed.

Does anyone have any ideas about what's happening there?

as far as I know, the KFC and the restaurant back in the times were established illegally, without approval of the land owner, which is or at least was, at that time, AFAIK, and I may be wrong, the condominium behind it or connected to the condominium.

the fence could potentially be there to prevent people from squatting the area - as far as I know, there is a law about taking possession of unoccupied land, and owners have to fence it off to secure it from land grabbers.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tgw said:

as far as I know, the KFC and the restaurant back in the times were established illegally, without approval of the land owner, which is or at least was, at that time, AFAIK, and I may be wrong, the condominium behind it or connected to the condominium.

the fence could potentially be there to prevent people from squatting the area - as far as I know, there is a law about taking possession of unoccupied land, and owners have to fence it off to secure it from land grabbers.

Interesting.

Perhaps they are actually trying (or must) to preserve that area to be free of development. A bit odd from a commercial POV as it really would be a prime commercial location but they could do much worse than just growing some trees!

Lived high floor in JPC in 2000 for a year, loved "Kaffe" restaurant on the corner, very handy, they used to play great videos and had football on TV, but the condo was too noisy for me. Early hours music booming out from parked up trucks, and the screaming from the banana boats was dreadful all day. Fireworks all year round in those days as well.