Trump may soon have to answer rape allegations under oath

webfact

4 hours ago, tilaceer said:

Such a nothing story that that Trumps personal lawyer, Barr, tried to have the DOJ take over the case as Trumps defense when the investigation got to the discovery phase, ie give us your DNA.
You should be ashamed of that comment, but as a trumper I doubt that is possible.

Why Ashamed ? There are Always Two sides to a story. 

I know what you all thinking .me & the Law  Included ,   One is guilty until Proven Innocent

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

her accusation that he raped her at a Manhattan department store in the mid-1990s.

Will be difficult to prove that - 30yrs later ...

" An analysis concluded no semen was found on the dress, but the DNA of an unidentified male was detected on the shoulder and sleeve "

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, helpisgood said:

How would you like to be one of Trump's attorneys coaching him as to how to answer questions under oath at a deposition?  Trump is such a "loose canon."  He's already cavalierly referred to the woman, plaintiff, as "not my type."  This itself might be worth a book deal.    

It's entirely possible that he will lose control and claim that he did it to help her reputation or some other like nonsense. It wouldn't be the first time his impulsiveness hurt him.

He truly considers himself above the law. 

He never really makes plans because he's incapable of following one. His entire presidency was ad hoc. Likewise he's incapable of learning so he will wing it through all the suits he's faced with. At this point he can only provide some dark entertainment and steady income for lawyers. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Why Ashamed ? There are Always Two sides to a story. 

I know what you all thinking .me & the Law  Included ,   One is guilty until Proven Innocent

So you feel the following derogatory statement in an attempt to try and demean the possible victim of a sexual attack is justified ? To me, this just appears to be a typical trumpian ploy to deflect the seriousness of the situation.

eg..aww, she's not my type.....ergo..I couldn't have done it.

"Another nothing story, an old lady trying to cash in and get a sec in the spotlight."

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

That's hilarious, some old lady has a romp with Trump and she keeps the dress for what 35+ years. And you say maybe test the dress, get out of here.

Except Trump said she wasn't his type, so there was no "romp"..well consensual anyway.

21 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

This is going nowhere. Just a bunch of gold diggers. Move on...

If it was only one, then possibly. But he's on tape admitting to being a sexual predator. And of course there's Stormy.

Not sure why Trump supporters are so suddenly against law and order.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

That's hilarious, some old lady has a romp with Trump and she keeps the dress for what 35+ years. And you say maybe test the dress, get out of here.

didn't Trump say her never met her?Some body is wrong!

4 hours ago, micmichd said:

Isn't there something like a statue of limitations in the USA? 

Great question!

(BTW, it's a statute of limitations.  Very common misspelling.  I am a bad speller myself.) 

You may thus find the following article interesting:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/e-jean-carroll-sued-trump-defamation-last-resort-blame-statute-ncna1077321

Also, I am sure that this would have come up right when the lawsuit, now being litigated, was first filed.  The Defense and/or the Court would have  noticed quickly that the "statute was blown."  One or more attorneys would have then been concerned about their license(s) to practice law and/or fines, etc.  In short, a big deal.      

Edited by helpisgood
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

.......and the other 25 women are "complete nut jobs", too?

This article was about writer E. Jean Carroll and her allegations. To the Reuters reporters credit or lack thereof, he also add 'accusations' from a couple of other women and the typical anonymous source of  "Zervos and Carroll are among more than two dozen women who have publicly accused Trump of sexual misconduct that they say occurred in the years before he became president."  Really!! 

He's innocent until proven guilty.  I'm sure there are many wealthy Trump haters who will be more than willing to find all of them and tie him up in court for a couple of years.  Until that happens I don't see how you or the other Trump haters have much to stand on.

Edited by onthedarkside
personal comment on other forum members removed
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, tilaceer said:

So you feel the following derogatory statement in an attempt to try and demean the possible victim of a sexual attack is justified ? To me, this just appears to be a typical trumpian ploy to deflect the seriousness of the situation.

eg..aww, she's not my type.....ergo..I couldn't have done it.

"Another nothing story, an old lady trying to cash in and get a sec in the spotlight."

What's Wrong with it,Heard that many times and / or simular .

People are to Sensitive & Make mountains out of molehills.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

This article was about writer E. Jean Carroll and her allegations. To the Reuters reporters credit or lack thereof, he also add 'accusations' from a couple of other women and the typical anonymous source of  "Zervos and Carroll are among more than two dozen women who have publicly accused Trump of sexual misconduct that they say occurred in the years before he became president."  Really!! 

He's innocent until proven guilty.  I'm sure there are many wealthy Trump haters who will be more than willing to find all of them and tie him up in court for a couple of years.  Until that happens I don't see how you or the other Trump haters have much to stand on.

And I'm sure that there are many Trump lovers who, like you, will get just as indignant and claim hatred as fueling  KarenBravo and others. Get over it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Proboscis said:

Not so sure about that. If it were only one person, old or not (and she was not old when the alleged assault took place) making the accusation, then claiming that this is someone trying to "cash in" might be a point. But she is not poor. And there are a bunch of sexual allegations, from paying off hookers to other assault allegations, against this man. And that is why it is worth investigating.

Besides, why not investigate and see what is there rather than rush to judgement that she is an "old lady trying to cash in." Maybe she is someone who wants to see some justice.

And maybe she dislikes his politics and is trying to smear him politically.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Donald's Theme:

A's for Accuser - they're all false you know

B's for BS that makes their gardens grow

C's for convictions I want to avoid

D's for defendant (a pending jail-boid!)

Chorus:

One of these women is not like the others

Of 26 just spot out one in a fib

First prize six square feet in swanky ... Towers

The jumpsuits are orange; a great place to live.

Y is for felony and just like Z

It LIES at the END. Now the letters are said

Let's go to the numbers, and count 26

The women by whom I was FINALLY licked.

Edited by onthedarkside
name calling references removed