Hi all.....has anyone got any news about Vaccine at private hospital..?

mikey88

Hello.

Does anyone have any news about the Pfizer or the AstraZeneca vaccine being available at a private hospital....and if so...when.

Not the Sinovax.....but one of others?

I expect to pay of course...

Appreciate your help.

• Like 1

The only info I've seen was in the paper that can't be linked here...  It said Thonburi medical centers (which, like many Thai medical facilities, ordered ahead of the anticipated approval) plan to offer both shots of the AZ vaccine for 3200bt.  This was in mid-January, so no starting date was announced.  The initial price could change or be different (higher) elsewhere, especially in the early days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Checked with the hospitals I use and none have any system of registration. Bumrungrad included.

Even the Thonburi healthcare group contact center have no knowledge of starting any registrations. I called them

FYI. The Vibhavadi Hospital are taking registrations, but have a very long list already.

Vibhavadi Hospital Tel 02 561-1111

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mikey88 said:

Hello.

Does anyone have any news about the Pfizer or the AstraZeneca vaccine being available at a private hospital....and if so...when.

Appreciate your help.

Ask The PM where to get it , he found it 

• Haha 1

Bumrungrad sent out a survey link two weeks ago, which was asking whether I was interested in getting a vaccine now, sometime later, or not at all. Then it asked for comments, so I made it clear that Sinovac, Sputnik-V, or anything made in Indonesia, India or Thailand would be a no.  So, if they import Moderna, J&J or Pfizer/BioNTech then I guess I'll hear from them.

Hello,

Contacted one month back Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.. They answered they keep my e mail and will contact me when they will have vaccines but had not ordered anything yet.

Pattaya International hospital answered they have not taken any decision yet.

I personnaly am interested (after consulting a friend doctor really competent in vaccines) in Pfizer or Sputnick (After hearing secondary effects of Astra Zaneca and its only 50% efficiency I don t want to go for it).. Not interested either in chinese one

Have a nice afternoon

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mikey88 said:

Hello.

Appreciate your help.

one can suspect the Chinese government of many manipulations but not that they would allow distribution of an inferior vaccine which would damage not only their population but then also their economy

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mikey88 said:

Hello.

Appreciate your help.

I feel pretty sure that as and when a vaccine is made available privately or even publicly for Joe public to pay for it will be shown in the biggest boldest font known to humankind, so rather than asking here may I suggest you do the same as everyone else and check the following daily: Thaivisa, The Nation & The Bangkok Post, that way you'll know as much as the rest of us ????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It's not like we're in a hurry here in Thailand. Considering the speed (or lack thereof) of things moving thus far, I don't expect availability of vaccines at private hospitals before the 3rd quarter of this year.

I won't even bother to register with any hospitals at this point.

• Like 2

I was expecting people to start asking about when Private hospitals would start supplying vaccines  at a good cost 

I do think  expats in Thailand will be expected to pay but I think we should waIt and see what vaccines will be available and at what cost 

Instead of trying to guess the out come 

• Like 2

The UK govt are talking about exporting a bunch of surplus vaccines to various countries under the COVAX scheme, yet there are swathes of Brits around the world who have received their appointments but can't get back due to the ongoing travel restrictions.

It would be make sense if the UK govt took their expats into consideration and distributed the AZ vaccine via their embassies. Fat chance.

Thankfully Sinovac appears to be effective against new strains.

What we need to know is if expats of a certain age will be treated in the same way as the general Thai population, it seems unlikely at this juncture and I can imagine that the vaccine will be only be available at a vastly inflated cost. I can pay Bht7k for me and the missus but I'm sure many expats cannot.

2 hours ago, 3STTW said:

The UK govt are talking about exporting a bunch of surplus vaccines to various countries under the COVAX scheme, yet there are swathes of Brits around the world who have received their appointments but can't get back due to the ongoing travel restrictions.

It would be make sense if the UK govt took their expats into consideration and distributed the AZ vaccine via their embassies. Fat chance.

Thankfully Sinovac appears to be effective against new strains.

What we need to know is if expats of a certain age will be treated in the same way as the general Thai population, it seems unlikely at this juncture and I can imagine that the vaccine will be only be available at a vastly inflated cost. I can pay Bht7k for me and the missus but I'm sure many expats cannot.

Re your last paragraph & possibly the last sentence, where did you get the Baht 7k from ? Is that for one person or both ? Is that the total for 2 shots each ? And why are you so sure that many expats cannot afford it ? I have trouble understanding your post on so many levels.

• Like 1