Looking for dentist specializing in Implants

watgate

I am currently residing  in a village about 30 kilometers from Nang Rong and about 60-100 kilometers from Buriram and Korat. I am looking to find a good dentist who specializes in implants and or a good dentist in the above -mentioned locations. Ideally he or she would be able to speak decent english. I think i will be needing some major dental work due to an accident and any referral(s) would be appreciated.  Thank you.

I had some implants done last year at a place called "Infinity Smile", located in Central Plaza in Korat.  I'm very happy with the results.  Two different dentists did the work - one initially doing the drilling and insertion of the screws, the other making and fitting the crowns.  Both spoke excellent English.  45,000 baht per implant, all done on large teeth - I believe that smaller ones are cheaper. 

No doubt there are many other places that can do this work, but one thing I particularly liked about this place was there was no waiting about.  If an appointment was for, say, 16:00, I would be seated in the chair at 16:00, unlike just about every other dentist I've been to here, where you'd go in at 16:00 and then have to wait till they've finished on someone else.

On 2/25/2021 at 10:55 AM, ballpoint said:

I had some implants done last year at a place called "Infinity Smile", located in Central Plaza in Korat.  I'm very happy with the results.  Two different dentists did the work - one initially doing the drilling and insertion of the screws, the other making and fitting the crowns.  Both spoke excellent English.  45,000 baht per implant, all done on large teeth - I believe that smaller ones are cheaper. 

No doubt there are many other places that can do this work, but one thing I particularly liked about this place was there was no waiting about.  If an appointment was for, say, 16:00, I would be seated in the chair at 16:00, unlike just about every other dentist I've been to here, where you'd go in at 16:00 and then have to wait till they've finished on someone else.

Im also thinking of having an implant done but worried not enough time before when I must leave Thailand. So how many visits did u need please over how long a period of time, and how long between those appointments? Thanks.

1 hour ago, SunsetT said:

Im also thinking of having an implant done but worried not enough time before when I must leave Thailand. So how many visits did u need please over how long a period of time, and how long between those appointments? Thanks.

I had a few done, both on the top and bottom teeth.  On the first visit, they did a full x-ray and made a mould of my upper and lower teeth.  Then I came back in a week for the first drilling and screw insertion.  These took a while to do - up to 2 hours for one of them, so I chose to get one done per week.  I then waited 3 months and came back for another full x-ray and mould, and again a month later to get all the crowns fitted, which took a while, with a final visit another month later just to check that everything was alright.  Around 6 months from the first visit to the last.  I was lucky in that I didn't need any bone grafts, which are apparently sometimes necessary when implants are done on the thinner parts of the jaw.  The purpose of the initial x-ray and moulds is to evaluate whether these are required or not, so you'd know if you'd needed them before the work started.  All x-ray and mould costs were included in the price of the implants.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's probably a bit late now but I know an incredibly high rated implantologist who works out of a couple of clinics in Ban Phai and also at Mancha Khiri Hospital (both an hour south of Khon Kaen). 

Her peers constantly refer jobs to her they aren't comfortable with due its toughness or sometimes because it is a family member and they want them to have the very best treatment.

Her name is Dr Somrusaen.