How long does it take to get a CoE at the Thai Consulate in Los Angeles?

I wonder how long it takes to get a CoE at the Thai Consulate in Los Angeles. I read that in some of the countries it sometimes take just a few hours to get a CoE.  However when I call the Thai Consulate in Los Angeles, they tell me it takes over 3 weeks (but they also told me a lot of BS, so I have 0 confidence in the information that they tell me).

I am interested in two cases:

1. if applying for a CoE with visa exemption.
  2. if applying for a CoE assuming that a tourist visa have already been issued just before applying for the CoE.

I had great luck with LAX consulate.  Three attempts to travel and two COE cancelations due to cancelled EVA flight and then expired CV19 test.  Third time worked out.  Now in quarantine and will be paroled in two days.

follow the instructions on the LAX website.   The updated website works very well.  The previous website ( 2020) was a bit cumbersome.   

if you want visa exempt, follow that selection.  If STV, follow that selection.  If Non O, follow that selection.  Either way, before you are issued COE all required docs must be uploaded into the system .   All three times I received the COE within five working days.

once you get COE, you have time limit on uploading your flight, ASQ hotel and ASQ insurance documentation.

then don’t forget to plan CV19 RT PCR within 72 hours of departure.   Your medical certificate should be labeled Fit to Fly certificate.   Dr Donna in BKK can do for 400 bht online . 

I got my COE from L.A. Consulate about a week ago.  Took about 18 hours.  I had all my information ready to go.  I got my TR visa from them as well.  That took 7 days from submitting the application to receiving my passport back in the mail.  Good luck!

14 minutes ago, jimmi said:

I got my COE from L.A. Consulate about a week ago.  Took about 18 hours.  I had all my information ready to go.  I got my TR visa from them as well.  That took 7 days from submitting the application to receiving my passport back in the mail.  Good luck!

Great to know, thanks!

On 2/25/2021 at 1:54 PM, jimmi said:

it took 7 days from submitting your TR visa app online to sending your pp to LA to getting it back?  
i just submitted my STV app online today and waiting on the go ahead to send it to LA as well.  I’m contemplating extending my flight (originally set for April 1st) because I don’t think I’ll get my pp back in time to get CoE and/or even have in hand.  

21 minutes ago, craftyone said:

i just submitted my STV app online today and waiting on the go ahead to send it to LA as well.

I you did the application and it was accepted I don't think you have to wait for approval to mail it. Just be sure you send the application form with the barcode on it with your passport.

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I you did the application and it was accepted I don't think you have to wait for approval to mail it. Just be sure you send the application form with the barcode on it with your passport.

Ahh ok, so they send me an application  with a barcode that I put with the passport and send in AFTER its been approved.  

So the “Ready to Submit” status of my app means that I’m just waiting for the barcode from them to mail it in.

i’ve been thinking all day that I was missing another step in the online process to further submit the online app for approval.  Was thinking too that I had to pay via the “Proceed to Payment” tab thats showing on the dashboard!! 

3C413E48-EBE9-4D28-856D-E587F2AC9F6F.jpeg

5 minutes ago, craftyone said:

i’ve been thinking all day that I was missing another step in the online process to further submit the online app for approval.  Was thinking too that I had to pay via the “Proceed to Payment” tab thats showing on the dashboard!! 

As soon as you complete the application you should pay the visa fee and print out the application form that has the barcode on it.

On 2/23/2021 at 7:31 PM, user70 said:

I wonder how long it takes to get a CoE at the Thai Consulate in Los Angeles. I read that in some of the countries it sometimes take just a few hours to get a CoE.  However when I call the Thai Consulate in Los Angeles, they tell me it takes over 3 weeks (but they also told me a lot of BS, so I have 0 confidence in the information that they tell me).

I am interested in two cases:

1. if applying for a CoE with visa exemption.
  2. if applying for a CoE assuming that a tourist visa have already been issued just before applying for the CoE.

with,in 2 weeks if you fill out and send by internet so  if you have all docs ready all will be done up to you get organize  

Archived