Pattaya bars and clubs allowed to open until midnight

webfact

Pattaya bars and clubs allowed to open until midnight

WS.jpg.c71829bbfd66b9b733bc4bb6685ee220.jpg

File photo for reference only

Bars, pubs, clubs and other entertainment venues in Pattaya can now stay open until midnight.

On Tuesday, Chonburi Public Relations Department confirmed that entertainment venues throughout the province, including in Pattaya, can legally open until midnight, with immediate effect.

Restaurants are also allowed to stay open until midnight and serve alcohol. 

However, social distancing measures and screening must be in place at all venues. 

Customers are also required to ‘check  in’ using the Mor Chana or Thai Chana apps. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-24

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

So, those who do not have a smartphone cannot go for a beer?? I think this will be overlooked as bars need the MONEY!

Don't put too much weight in that.

When I was there last time in December they all had additional logbooks to fill as at most other sites nationwide.

I didn't hesitate to use the app though.

If you forgot your reading glasses, filling the book is a pain... :tongue:

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Don't put too much weight in that.

When I was there last time in December they all had additional logbooks to fill as at most other sites nationwide.

I didn't hesitate to use the app though.

If you forgot your reading glasses, filling the book is a pain... :tongue:

After the first lockdown, this was the case. Within a couple of weeks most bars abandoned the idea, although the sign in books remained, gathering dust in a corner. Went in several bars and asked for the Mor Chana QR code, didn't have one. Have been in several bars since the beginning of February, only asked by one to sign in, again asked for the QR code, "No hab".

• Like 1

On 2/24/2021 at 5:16 PM, hotchilli said:

Slowly slowly catchy monkey.

Play by the rules now for a month or so and if infections prove to be low push for 2am closing

Same question I posed about the 11pm to 12am extra hour.   Will it actually be financially beneficial for many places to remain open until 2am?

9 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Same question I posed about the 11pm to 12am extra hour.   Will it actually be financially beneficial for many places to remain open until 2am?

I think it just spreads the drinking time over a longer period, people either go out early and finish early, or go out later and stay to closing time.

The financial benefit to the bar I think is minimal, staff lose out as most pay per shift to the staff, if it was hourly paid you'd see them closing early.

Edited by hotchilli

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I think it just spreads the drinking time over a longer period,

Also spreads out the expenses over a longer period.  Eg. electric. 

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The financial benefit to the bar I think is minimal, staff lose out as most pay per shift to the staff, if it was hourly paid you'd see them closing early.

I agree, and for many bars, it may not be worth it, so even if allowed to open until 2am, they will close early.

Edited by Leaver

On 2/24/2021 at 5:16 PM, hotchilli said:

Slowly slowly catchy monkey.

Play by the rules now for a month or so and if infections prove to be low push for 2am closing

I feel a little pessimistic about that. As things opened up after lockdown 1 I believe the midnight closure order remained despite a long spell of no domestic infections... Of course all that stopped when the good work was dumped in the garbage by illegal Burmese workers being smuggled in... and other nationals. 

It would be good for the nightclubs and let's face it Thai patronized venues, as they seem to like to do things late. 

• Like 2