** 90 Day Report - Jomtien - Update as of 24 Feb 2021

Kerryd

I'm guessing that a lot of people have a hard time using a normal smartphone for more than just making calls and maybe scrolling some forum threads. Many won't have a computer at all.

A lot probably have no idea that it can be done online (or how to do it). A lot of the conversations I overheard this morning were in non-English languages (including the one old German guy who was very upset after sitting outside for over 20 minutes waiting for the girl to come collect his passport, then when he went to the door to ask, the young guy at the door pointed at the queue, then he pointed at the seats. The old guy was trying to find out where he was supposed to go and each time he asked, the young guy pointed to a different place !)

For me, it's once every 3 months. It's really not that much effort. Gives me an excuse to get out of the house, lets me check if anything has changed at Immigration and I often will do a grocery run on the way home. 
It was a pleasant morning for an outing but for me, it's only about 11 kms (one way) so not that far to go. For people further out though, the online option may be preferable.

36 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

Thanks for the report. Doing my 90 day next week and will show up armed with all possible copy requirements and the TM47 form filled in. In the mean time I'm hoping they can get their online reporting website up and running saving me the hassle.

I was told yesterday maybe a month, another poster said he was told 15th March, so don't hold your breath waiting, it's not good for your health.

6 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Jomtien 90 day online reporting is working fine.  Why put yourself through all the hassle of a visit? 

What address are you using as the one I have used for the last 3 years is telling me it is unable to load. I have tried several different servers.

2 hours ago, lelapin said:

What address are you using as the one I have used for the last 3 years is telling me it is unable to load. I have tried several different servers.

I was informed that Chrome was OK but it didnt work for me.

After phoneing the nice lady at Immigration I ws told to try Intenet explorer or MS edge  and it worked first time , maybe helpful to you to know!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, n210mp said:

I was informed that Chrome was OK but it didnt work for me.

After phoneing the nice lady at Immigration I ws told to try Intenet explorer or MS edge  and it worked first time , maybe helpful to you to know!

Tried Edge and got the same message, unfortunately.

Capture.JPG

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

They have not updated their security certificate... give them a day or two.

Thanks for that. Why do they use the free SSL certificates? I see the certificate expired on Sunday already. In any event I will try with Edge next time as I dont want to spend 4 hours doing that 90 day report again. 

3 minutes ago, aqua4 said:

Thanks for that. Why do they use the free SSL certificates? I see the certificate expired on Sunday already. In any event I will try with Edge next time as I dont want to spend 4 hours doing that 90 day report again. 

Expired on the 21st.... still expired this morning. 

12 hours ago, Inderpland said:

Tried Edge and got the same message, unfortunately.

Capture.JPG

I was receiving same for 2 days ended up going to local Immi Rayong, in and out 2 minutes when I asked about online problems they looked at me and laughed, says it all really. ????????

• Haha 2

On 2/24/2021 at 11:11 AM, Pilotman said:

Jomtien 90 day online reporting is working fine.  Why put yourself through all the hassle of a visit? 

May be working fine for you. It is unreliable, as are various stories claiming it is working.

Edited by Benmart

I've been going to jomtien soi 5 since 2014. Usually go between tue and Thursday between 10 and 11am. In and out within 5 minutes.  Never heard of or seen this passport collection outside the office.  I went last Thursday 18th and was out in 2 minutes.  I can only think their computers are/were down.  

On a side note I cannot access the tm30 app to report somebody so maybe the whole system is screwed.  

21 minutes ago, sometime said:

Due to do our 90 day tomorrow anything changed?, we have our Passport face page & last 90 day photocopies at the ready 

as far as I know, all you need is your passport, nothing else and no photocopies, unless it has changed in the last year. Just make sure the TM30 is in the passport and the last 90 day report receipt 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

as far as I know, all you need is your passport, nothing else and no photocopies, unless it has changed in the last year. Just make sure the TM30 is in the passport and the last 90 day report receipt 

Normally yes.

My recent one required copies because of network problems.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Pilotman said:

As I noted in the OP, Jomtien requires photocopies of the Face Page of your passport and the last 90 Day notification slip as there is a problem with their computers.

Reading other threads makes it sound like they don't expect the situation to be resolved before 1 Apr but that could change at any time of course.

You can still get photocopies done inside the building or at the shop to the left of the entrance. From my personal experience, they won't give you a queue number unless you already have the photocopies in hand.

And as was directly told to me by an IO at the 90 Day desk, they will only only collect passports in the morning (for the 90 Day reports) "sometimes" (like on Mondays or other days when they think it might be overly busy).

But hey, what do I know ? I was only there last week so everything could be different now.

• Haha 1

STOP THE PRESS......I have just come back from Jomtien...I just did my 90 day......The photocopies are no longer needed, they fixed the computers....

That's the good news....

The bad news is....

Its a looooog wait outside in the morning while they process loads of 90 day reports...I bet 45 minutes to a hour....Part of the problem might have been some Chinese guys who had Stacks of passports that they were processing...But there were lots of farang also...... 

The last 2 times I did 90 days I just walked in and was out in 5 minutes.....I dont get why they went back to doing group 90 days again...

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Just left for 90 day report.

Total including wait outside 5 minutes.

Scanned my previous 90 day and printed out a new one attached it in passport.

Nothing else required easy peasy.

I was there 10am also...........same experience

I did go yesterday 1pm...............but the queue put me off

I arrived just before 1pm.... there was a long line of people for the door at the left and they seemed to be admitting them very slowly... then they had to line up to see the the 'unhappy' guy inside. There were a few people sat in chairs to the right of the doors but it was not clear to me if these were people trying to do 90 day reports. Overall it appeared your time is of no importance to them, and I might have foolishly joined the back of the queue to stand outside for an hour. I felt I didn't need to do this as I was doing my 90 day money in the bank report as requested. I snuck in through the exit door... went straight to desk 8. Mister happy tried to stop me but I brushed past. The usual extension guy had me wait a few minutes, then looked over my papers and tossed them onto a big pile and I was done....

I could have still been at the back of the line. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Went yesterday. About 45 minute wait in line outside. No fans. Bloody hot. Tried to go in the exit door but was turned back rudely.

Computer seemed to be working, so only had to show the paper from my last 90 day.

Does anyone know about this new QueQ app for appointments? I asked there but they refused to help. Bizarre.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Went yesterday. About 45 minute wait in line outside. No fans. Bloody hot. Tried to go in the exit door but was turned back rudely.

Computer seemed to be working, so only had to show the paper from my last 90 day.

Does anyone know about this new QueQ app for appointments? I asked there but they refused to help. Bizarre.

You can download it from Google Play (or the Apple Store depending on which phone OS you have). I did a bit of "testing" on the app when it came out and had a couple email exchanges with the developers as there were some issues early on which seem to all be fixed now.

It's not hard to use however some people will be wary of the permissions it wants. Personally I don't keep anything on my phone that I would be worried someone else might see anyways so it's not an issue.

Once it's set up open the app and click on "Bank/Service".
Then scroll past the "TRUE" options until you see the Immigration one. Make sure you click on "Pattaya Immigration" and not the "Samut Prakan Immigration" option (it seems that office is "in range") unless you actually want to go to the Samut Prakan office of course.

On the "Immigration" page, enter your phone number then select the type of "transaction" you wish to do (Re-Entry Permit, Notify 90 Days, Retirement Visa, etc, etc).
Then click on "Date and Time" to pick a date after which a box pops up where you can select the time.

Then click "Next" and it should give you your appointment number. I believe it is a 6 digit alpha-numeric combo now (i.e. AB4013).

I haven't tried it myself (last time I went, I forgot my phone any ways).
When I was first "testing" it, I didn't see an option to cancel an appointment and I didn't want to make a bunch of "false" appointments while testing the app's functions, especially as all those appointments would be linked to me (by my phone number).

But what should happen is you show up a few minutes early and wait to hear your number called over the PA system.
Then you march yourself to the front of the line, show your appointment number on your phone and then approach the front desk (where they will want to check your paperwork of course).
I don't know if they give you a paper queue slip or if you just go straight to the desk and show your appointment on your phone. If your number is up on the board, then you'd go straight to the desk.

If you are late, I'm guessing you are out of luck because they aren't going to sit around for 10-15 minutes hoping you'll show up. It would probably be "back of the line for you" so you may want to make sure you are there a bit early.

It would be useful if, for example, you needed to go at what may be a busy time (like Monday mornings or the first day after a long weekend when there are often large lines).
It would also be useful for people who want to go at a specific time for some reason and don't want to end up sitting around waiting for an hour.

I don't need to go back again for a couple months but I may try the app next time just for giggles. 

• Like 1

I need to go back next week to extend my retirement visa.  I made an appointment on QueQ, so we'll see how it works.

I tried to ask if I was suppose to wait in line or not.  I was just waved away as they turned their back on me to deal with others in line.  OK...

Normally, I've gotten pretty good service there. Not this time.