** 90 Day Report - Jomtien - Update as of 24 Feb 2021

Kerryd

3 minutes ago, keithcresswell said:

The immigration website is still unusable. The warning says the certificate expired 18 days ago.

I was told the problems go deeper......

Infuriating that people are expected to attend immigration and stand in long slow lines outside while this problem sits unresolved.

• Like 1

Went today to do my 90-day report. Arrived at 2:10pm, there were around 15-20 people in line outside. Took about 10 minutes to get in the door.

Computer was down again today, as opposed to yesterday’s report here. So I needed to get a copy of my 90-day slip and front page of the passport, before getting a queue number. Got a copy from the machine on the left just outside the bathroom, no line and just 3 Baht. 
Did overhear the staff mentioning expected computer problems over the next two weeks.

Finally got my queue slip and there were 17 people ahead of me. Got out at 2:45pm, so all in all 35 minutes, not too bad all things considered.

Edited by MTH
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, MTH said:

Did overhear the staff mentioning expected computer problems over the next two weeks.

Sounds like an issue requiring parts... that will make a total of 5 weeks even if that is achieved. Really a poor show. Not exactly Covid safe forcing people to come to a central office from all over the region for something in fact quite useless. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

What does anyone expect they try to do what they can about Covid short of closing the office.  Deal with it or hire an agent and sit in your condo safely watching TV.  Really up to you isn't it..

Reduce the numbers attending immigration.... one way would be to have an effective and working on-line 90 day reporting system, or suspend the requirement until they do. (As was done previously). The requirement at Jomtien to return and show one still has the 800k on deposit is another requirement that simply swells the numbers for no good reason.... you think someone who cannot prove they have retained the money will attend and fall on their sword? Cert, of Residence... what useful purpose is that other than a cash cow? I should get one valid for a year when the extension is renewed. My long-term extension and the fact I have not left the country also should cover that. 

They are all more interested in making money, as much as possible, covid and discomfort of foreigners is not the concern. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

On 3/11/2021 at 12:44 PM, MTH said:

Went today to do my 90-day report. Arrived at 2:10pm, there were around 15-20 people in line outside. Took about 10 minutes to get in the door.

Computer was down again today, as opposed to yesterday’s report here. So I needed to get a copy of my 90-day slip and front page of the passport, before getting a queue number. Got a copy from the machine on the left just outside the bathroom, no line and just 3 Baht. 

Finally got my queue slip and there were 17 people ahead of me. Got out at 2:45pm, so all in all 35 minutes, not too bad all things considered.

Having done my last six 90 day reports on-line it looks like I will have to go there in person this week. In addition to the copies of my 90 day slip and front page of my passport do I need to take a completed TM47 form.

37 minutes ago, lelapin said:

Having done my last six 90 day reports on-line it looks like I will have to go there in person this week. In addition to the copies of my 90 day slip and front page of my passport do I need to take a completed TM47 form.

Shouldn't need it (the TM.47). As long as you have your last 90 slip. (Which you would have printed off after getting it online, correct ?)
All they've wanted was the photocopies. You'd probably need 2 copies of your 90 day as they'll keep one and stamp the new date on the other to go back into your passport..

In my case they just stamped/signed the 90 Day slip that was already in my passport (and kept the photocopies of course).

• Like 2

12 hours ago, lelapin said:

There should be no need to complete a new TM47 form, you’re already in the system.
My previous report was in person, so that was the slip I copied together with the front page of my passport.
If you bring your printed 90-day slip and a copy of that, including the front page of your passport, they will retain that copy and stamp/update a new reporting date on your current printed 90-day slip.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MTH said:

There should be no need to complete a new TM47 form, you’re already in the system.

A system that is apparently down, and they are employing a temporary solution, along with a few extra copies which I presume can be used as a catchup aid when they fix the month long issue.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

A system that is apparently down, and they are employing a temporary solution, along with a few extra copies which I presume can be used as a catchup aid when they fix the month long issue.

I did my last 90 day online.  First time and didn't print out the confirmation.  Went to immigration last week and they gave me a hard time, but looked it up on the computer and gave updated my 90 days.

Funny.  They were trying to explain the concept of a 90 day report.  Been doing it for almost 20 years now. LOL.  That went right over their head. LOL.

• Like 2