Translation services

farang1979

27 minutes ago, farang1979 said:

I need a Affirmation of Marriage translated into Thai. Anyone got any recommendations of where to get this done? Trendy?

Affirmation of Freedom to Marry by any chance ???

IF so, there are translation services near Ploernchit BTS - these services will translate your documents and obtain the Ministry of Foreign Affairs verification of the translation of the document. 

IF its a regular translation with no further verification the same places will do a regular translation. 

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

IF so, there are translation services near Ploernchit BTS - these services will translate your documents and obtain the Ministry of Foreign Affairs verification of the translation of the document. 

IF its a regular translation with no further verification the same places will do a regular translation. 

Yes Affirmation of *Freedom* to Marry is what I meant. 

Thanks for this information. Wasn’t aware you needed a Ministry of Foreign Affairs verification though. 

Is it possible to get married without the verification? I have been quoted an eye watering price of 2000 per document for translation and verification. The agency said it is 600 baht for translation only. Also, I have a certified copy of my passport too. Does that need to be translated too?

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

3 hours ago, farang1979 said:

Yes Affirmation of *Freedom* to Marry is what I meant. 

Thanks for this information. Wasn’t aware you needed a Ministry of Foreign Affairs verification though. 

Edited by farang1979

It's not possible for a foreigner to get married here without the Affirmation of Freedom to marry. 

A translation Agency will help you through this - 2000b baht ‘per document’ is a rip off. 

I ’think’ it costs about 850 baht all in with a translation service who will translate the document, take it to the MFA and have the document verified - you pick up the Original, the Translation and Verification a few days later. 

Take a walk down the side Soi’s from Ploernchit BTS (south side) there are a handful of translation services in the area that will organise this for you.

You will also need to ‘book an appointment’ at the Amphur at which you wish to get married (in BKK at least) - this appointment could be a month from now.

You will also need two Thai witness. 

OR, you can use an agency to get everything sorted more quickly, although you’ll end up paying a bit extra for this service and queue jumping, witness etc (i.e. at a guess 8000 baht),

Lots of videos on getting through the process. Lots of threads too.