Former PDRC protest leader Suthep and 25 others sentenced to prison terms

webfact

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

He will.... he's just waiting for the right tune  to come along.

There is a song called "Whistle a happy tune" so I Google it and I was going to post the link until I saw which film/stage production it came from.

A clue would be that the character was called Anna L.......s.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hanuman2543 said:

Maybe you want to educate yourself about what happened 2013/2014 in Thailand so you don't have to rely on your complete uninformed drivel:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013–2014_Thai_political_crisis

oh thanks....another interesting subject :you can reed wikipedia 50% according with my point , enough for me ...when I reed : "red shirts also opposed the amnesty"...for Thaksin ...555...only spidermike can write that ! , they dont speak that the dead people were 31 in the pacific protesters and 1 in the red shirts (strange ???) and so many important facts like accountings of protestors deputies blocked by governement and many  struggles that were acts of revenge , not acts of authority from governement. I was 3 times in the street with all the hospital that I work , I saw when helicopters put big lights in Ramkhamheng university to scare students, when police close this university. At 2 in the morning , the royal guard , came to deliver theese students (5000).... No wikipedia is not the Bible !

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

In most other countries this would be astonishing and sensational news - Three serving Cabinet Ministers convicted and jailed!!!

But here in Thailand it hardly seems to be news? The convicted Ministers have lost their posts (by stint of their convictions regardless of whether or not they end up doing any jail time), but will keep their parliamentary salaries and pensions. I guess in Thailand it is possible to be a serving member of parliament while in jail.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevemercer said:

In most other countries this would be astonishing and sensational news - Three serving Cabinet Ministers convicted and jailed!!!

But here in Thailand it hardly seems to be news? The convicted Ministers have lost their posts (by stint of their convictions regardless of whether or not they end up doing any jail time), but will keep their parliamentary salaries and pensions. I guess in Thailand it is possible to be a serving member of parliament while in jail.

one also can be a serving member of the government even after being convicted/jailed for drugs dealing in Australia

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, berton said:

oh thanks....another interesting subject :you can reed wikipedia 50% according with my point , enough for me ...when I reed : "red shirts also opposed the amnesty"...for Thaksin ...555...only spidermike can write that ! , they dont speak that the dead people were 31 in the pacific protesters and 1 in the red shirts (strange ???) and so many important facts like accountings of protestors deputies blocked by governement and many  struggles that were acts of revenge , not acts of authority from governement. I was 3 times in the street with all the hospital that I work , I saw when helicopters put big lights in Ramkhamheng university to scare students, when police close this university. At 2 in the morning , the royal guard , came to deliver theese students (5000).... No wikipedia is not the Bible !

Conviniently forgot about him?

https://www.newmandala.org/the-myth-of-the-popcorn-gunman/

Can't find anything about the number of death of " Pacific" protesters you claim. That is the same for your Thaksin allegations.

Your arguments are like Swiss cheese, full of holes.

• Thanks 1

A post has been removed also replies:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules will result in immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

so all in Prayut's government but "political immunity" none in jail.... funny how things work here

Yingluck was removed from office on 7 May 2014 by a Constitutional Court decision. Gen. Prayut and his junta - like him or not - took over on the 22nd of May 2014, so you are incorrect.

• Sad 3

4 minutes ago, safarimike11 said:

Yingluck was removed from office on 7 May 2014 by a Constitutional Court decision. Gen. Prayut and his junta - like him or not - took over on the 22nd of May to prevent Suthep and his cronies from starting a revolution to take over the country. I was here and these are facts - like them or not.

Complete B.S.. Suthep's crowd was becoming thin and not a threat any more at that time. That's why the army took over. Suthep's protest failed (protest protected by the army BTW), the legal coup failed (they could oust Yingluck, but not her government), and elections were scheduled in July. So there was no other solution at hand for the dominant network.

And, of course, don't forget the long game was becoming shorter....

"The pro-Abhisit establishment and the powers that be are hunkering down for the long haul and Prayuth is their man. He could be in power for another four years – crucial in Thai politics because of the road towards the succession."

https://www.dw.com/en/thailands-new-army-chief-takes-office/a-6066746

• Like 2

5 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

The military exists to protect a country and society from exterior forces. The police exists to protect a country and society from interior forces. 

And what happens if the turmoil is beyond the capabilities of the police to control. Does the military wait until there are thousands of deaths of both police and civilians before they take action? Is it not better to prevent those deaths by taking control before they happen?

• Sad 3

Why did this case against these 2013 protesters take so long?  The prosecutors or courts didn't have evidence until now?  

The young protesters of 2020 / 2021 are being hauled off to jail (without bail) immediately (or within months).  It certainly isn't taking 7+ yrs.

8 minutes ago, overt2016 said:

What prison will they go to?

Is it the same one that ordinary people go to?

I can't  see these folk lasting too long on the budget of 54Baht per day for meals.

good question!

I would like to know too if Thailand has VIP prisons like the USA.

3 hours ago, safarimike11 said:

Yingluck was removed from office on 7 May 2014 by a Constitutional Court decision. Gen. Prayut and his junta - like him or not - took over on the 22nd of May 2014, so you are incorrect.

military coup and take over, used the court to make it look some how legal, didn't want to give up/back power, delayed elections long enough so his cronies could amend the constitution (assigning his party/himself a pre determined number of seats) to make sure loosing was out of question, win the ""so called democratic election"" because of his pre agreements with smaller kiss ass parties, besides that all was done according to "His" Constitutional Court, for a general that previously stated, in many occasions, not being interested in politics.... he did quite well 555

• Like 2