Question regarding onward ticket.

Hello. I am going to make a single entry TR visa first and then fix another visa after those 3 months. I am required to have proof of onward travel (return ticket or a ticket to another destination). I was wondering if they will accept an onward ticket to one of the neighboring countries (such as Vietnam, Singapore, Cambodia etc) even if I do not have any visa or paper work showing that I am allowed to enter the country?

1 hour ago, Questionable said:

I am going to make a single entry TR visa first and then fix another visa after those 3 months.

Instead of applying for a 60-day Single-Entry Tourist Visa, you could also return to Thailand VisaExempt (no need for any Visa) which would provide you with a 45-day permission to stay when entering the country.

You can book a cheap one-way flight to one of Thailand's neighboring countries, no need for any Visa or other paperwork when doing so as all of them also allow VisaExempt or Visa-on-Arrival entry.

Not sure they will accept a onward ticket to a neighboring country since they are aware they are all closed for entry at this time.

You could get a temporary onward ticket for a small fee. Do a search for onward ticket and you will find several websites offering them.

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure they will accept a onward ticket to a neighboring country since they are aware they are all closed for entry at this time.

You could get a temporary onward ticket for a small fee. Do a search for onward ticket and you will find several websites offering them.

Those ticket are not real tickets. They are fake. You might as well photoshop your own ticket. I've never been asked to show a onward ticket and if they did ask they probably won't check if it is authentic. Is Thailand really going to reject you at this point?

As far as i know the only people who might ask is the airline you are flying with. Again they won't be checking if it is real and they won't care if you can get a visa or not.

11 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

hose ticket are not real tickets. They are fake. You might as well photoshop your own ticket. I've never been asked to show a onward ticket and if they did ask they probably won't check if it is authentic. Is Thailand really going to reject you at this point?

You are wrong about them not being real e tickets. They can be verified as being real by calling the airline that issued them. Many people have used them to apply for visas and to show an airline.

10 hours ago, Don Chance said:

Those ticket are not real tickets. They are fake. You might as well photoshop your own ticket. I've never been asked to show a onward ticket and if they did ask they probably won't check if it is authentic. Is Thailand really going to reject you at this point?

As far as i know the only people who might ask is the airline you are flying with. Again they won't be checking if it is real and they won't care if you can get a visa or not.

The Airlines will check return flight or proper visa before arrival 

2 minutes ago, Aomelia said:

The Airlines will check return flight or proper visa before arrival 

First up it does not need to be return flight.

What is required is an onward flight, of course that can be a return flight.

It's not immigration that requires this. It is the carrier. You won't obtain boarding pass.

Yes there will be reports from people stating that they traveled to Thailand visa exempt and did not have onward flight.

The answer to that is they were extremely lucky.

7 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

It is only a reservation through a travel agency, it is not a real onward ticket. Also maybe only valid for a short time.

We are the best company on Trustpilot
Book a legit Onward Ticket for only $12
Our ticket is valid for 48 hours ++

Who cares. What's your point. It's boring. More importantly its incorrect. 

If there was a requirement to show an accommodation booking (which is rubbish) then you make a booking with zero cancellation fee. 

2 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

It is only a reservation through a travel agency, it is not a real onward ticket. Also maybe only valid for a short time.

We are the best company on Trustpilot
Book a legit Onward Ticket for only $12
Our ticket is valid for 48 hours ++

It is a valid booking for a real onward ticket, but the company where you buy it will cancel the ticket within a certain time-frame (48 to 72 hours).  It will allow you to provide evidence that you have a real booking during that time-frame.  Cancellation of that ticket is no issue as you only need it during that time-frame and have no intent of using it. Quite a smart service... and some would argue that it is borderline legal. 

46 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

It depens upon the website you use. Some offer up to 30 days additional time to use it for a additional fee of course.

4 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

It is a valid booking for a real onward ticket, but the company where you buy it will cancel the ticket within a certain time-frame (48 to 72 hours).  It will allow you to provide evidence that you have a real booking during that time-frame.  Cancellation of that ticket is no issue as you only need it during that time-frame and have no intent of using it. Quite a smart service... and some would argue that it is borderline legal. 

You have a reservation not a booking. The reservation can be canceled at anytime by the airline but usually if it is not paid for in 48 hrs it will cancelled. Seems the Thai embassy is actually looking for a real onward ticket but they will accept a reservation.

Do you honestly think a travel agent is going to cough up $200++ for a ticket then cancel it and get a refund all for a $12 profit. No. They are making a unpaid reservation which only certain airlines will do.

7 hours ago, Don Chance said:

You have a reservation not a booking. The reservation can be canceled at anytime by the airline but usually if it is not paid for in 48 hrs it will cancelled. Seems the Thai embassy is actually looking for a real onward ticket but they will accept a reservation.

Do you honestly think a travel agent is going to cough up $200++ for a ticket then cancel it and get a refund all for a $12 profit. No. They are making a unpaid reservation which only certain airlines will do.

Such a valid flight reservation is accepted both by the Thai Embassy, the airline you are flying that might ask for your onward flight as well as Thai border-immigration.  So no need to book an actual flight which you will not be using anyway just to meet the rule.  In case you are worried about the legality of the above, you can also book a cheap one-way outbound flight to a neighboring country (can do already for approx 1000 THB).

Same goes for a hotel reservation, you can book that on a hotel booking site like Booking.com and make a reservation for a hotel with free cancellation.

Many people wanting to apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa once in Thailand as pre-cursor for subsequent 1-year extensions, enter Thailand VisaExempt or on a 60-day Tourist Visa and have no intent of leaving Thailand before the end of the permission to stay they will receive on entry.  Logical they are using such an onward flight booking or a cheap throw-away ticket to meet the rule instead of buying a return-ticket when knowing full well that they will not use the outbound part of that ticket.

I got myself a one-way ticket from BKK to Malaysia that I'm planning just to throw in the bin after I get into Thailand, they approved both my visa and my CoE a few days ago using that. And being from northern Europe myself, it's quite clear that I do not intend going back home. So can confirm it still works.

However, I got an email today saying that my Malaysia flight is cancelled, how rigorously do they check my outbound flight at immigration at the airport in BKK? I already have all the other documents approved already so I'd rather not get a new outbound ticket.

24 minutes ago, BUMMERJACK said:

However, I got an email today saying that my Malaysia flight is cancelled, how rigorously do they check my outbound flight at immigration at the airport in BKK?

Most of the time they do not even ask to see a ticket out of the country. If they do the e ticket will be all they will want to see. They don't check to find out if they are still valid.

Archived