Foreigners eligible for free vaccines in Cambodia

geovalin

27 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Cambodia showing Thailand the way. 

thailand said the same thing more than 2 weeks ago

What neither country states is which vaccine or when  it will be available..

Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said that all residents in Thailand, including foreigners could even be given the vaccination free of charge.

“The 63 million doses of the vaccination are enough to cover the public, and it’s within our capacity to provide free vaccinations,” Anutin said.
“Our policy is to not leave anyone behind and we must inoculate anyone at risk of spreading the virus, not only Thais. So the vaccines will cover everyone that resides in Thailand.”

15 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

thailand said the same thing more than 2 weeks ago

Cambodia says it WILL be free. Thailand says it COULD be free, which having lived here for 15 years, paid millions of Baht in income tax and never received anything for free from the government, I doubt.

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Cambodia says it WILL be free. Thailand says it COULD be free, which having lived here for 15 years, paid millions of Baht in income tax and never received anything for free from the government, I doubt.

Thailand's Health Minister Anutin, using the nice-speak 'Nobody Left Behind' indicated that it would be mandatory for all foreigners that could be 'spreaders' (in other words everybody).

Hopefully that's once again bravado as we are used to from this clown.

2 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Thailand's Health Minister Anutin, using the nice-speak 'Nobody Left Behind' indicated that it would be mandatory for all foreigners that could be 'spreaders' (in other words everybody).

Hopefully that's once again bravado as we are used to from this clown.

Yes, I suspect it will be a requirement for visas and work permits, much like the current health certificate for a work permit that the applicant (or employer) has to pay for.

Call me skeptical, but I don't believe a word that comes from this government. "There will be no coup", "I will not be PM", "we could provide the vaccine for foreigners" etc. I'm yet to hear them confirm that it WILL be provided and that it WILL be free of charge. Which is why Cambodia is leading Thailand in this regard. Knowing how morally superior Thailand feels in comparison to it's neighbours, hopefully this embarrasses Thailand into acting in a more fair way towards it's foreign population. But I won't be holding my breath.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I quote from today's Khmer Times (25 February 2021) in relation to CAMBODIA:-

"To date, 10,115 civilians have been vaccinated in Cambodia. The country received 600,000 doses of the Sinopharm vaccine from China on February 7 and shipments of the Oxford/AstraZenca vaccine are expected to arrive in Cambodia by the end of this month, according to World Health Organization (WHO) Representative to Cambodia Dr Li Ailan"

There is some confusion as to which foreigners will get free vaccinations, only those living and working in Cambodia, and not unemployed retirees (ex-pats). I also quote from the same source:-

"Meanwhile, the Chinese Embassy in Phnom Penh on Wednesday said it had received information that Sinopharm vaccines were being sold on the black market for between $120 and $450"  (this has since been denied by the MOH:- “I deny that accusation totally and condemn those persons who pollute society with such fabrications and spread these false notions and disinformation. We don’t require anyone pay any money to be vaccinated.”)

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

"To date, 10,115 civilians have been vaccinated in Cambodia. The country received 600,000 doses of the Sinopharm vaccine from China on February 7 and shipments of the Oxford/AstraZenca vaccine are expected to arrive in Cambodia by the end of this month, according to World Health Organization (WHO) Representative to Cambodia Dr Li Ailan"

There is some confusion as to which foreigners will get free vaccinations, only those living and working in Cambodia, and not unemployed retirees (ex-pats). I also quote from the same source:-

"Meanwhile, the Chinese Embassy in Phnom Penh on Wednesday said it had received information that Sinopharm vaccines were being sold on the black market for between $120 and $450"  (this has since been denied by the MOH:- “I deny that accusation totally and condemn those persons who pollute society with such fabrications and spread these false notions and disinformation. We don’t require anyone pay any money to be vaccinated.”)

I figured this was another bs anti Thai article, you have to read between the lines consistently when you're on this site..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

You have misquoted me. Another poster said that, not me. Not sure if that was deliberate or accidental but I would like the mods to fix it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

You have misquoted me. Another poster said that, not me. Not sure if that was deliberate or accidental but I would like the mods to fix it.

My apologies and with respect, I can assure you it was accidental as I wanted to answer the question asked in regards to Cambodia and its current vaccination program.

On 2/25/2021 at 8:54 AM, ExpatOilWorker said:

....AND working is the key part. So only tax paying work permit holders.

Not just any married, retiree, stuck for what ever reason foreigner.

I think you are misunderstanding vaccines and the reasons why they wish to give them to foreigners. They aren't rewarding those who pay taxes and have work permits - they're trying to take one of the bigger vectors for COVID-19 transmission out of the supply chain. I'd reckon that those who DON'T have work permits or pay taxes are the most likely to misbehave and expose themselves to the virus, hence they should be a HIGHER priority than the rule-followers. Those people are the least likely to get the disease because, well, they follow the rules. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/25/2021 at 8:54 AM, ExpatOilWorker said:

....AND working is the key part. So only tax paying work permit holders.

Not just any married, retiree, stuck for what ever reason foreigner.

I do not work here but i buy a lot of stuff so must pay quite a bit in tax with the 7% VAT. More than enough to pay for a jab, not that i want one.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JCauto said:

I think you are misunderstanding vaccines and the reasons why they wish to give them to foreigners. They aren't rewarding those who pay taxes and have work permits - they're trying to take one of the bigger vectors for COVID-19 transmission out of the supply chain. I'd reckon that those who DON'T have work permits or pay taxes are the most likely to misbehave and expose themselves to the virus, hence they should be a HIGHER priority than the rule-followers. Those people are the least likely to get the disease because, well, they follow the rules. 

What a bunch of crappy biased BS you are spewing out here!

• Like 2