Pattaya: Foreigner "mercilessly" attacked with repeated kicks to the face in Walking Street

webfact

DIsgusting and sad.

Most that have lived here for awhile I doubt go there very often. 

In the past, maybe on a rare night with curious visitors for a few laughs.

I have not personally gone for about 2 years.   Got some blood splattered on my shirt walking past a 

fight between 2 Russians that were ultimately arrested.  

Many other venues options that provide a superior experience, value and treatment in town. 

1 hour ago, Patong2021 said:

Perhaps more to the story?

I'm absolutely sure of that..
but, of course no one deserves to be beaten in such a manner. let's wait to hear what the win driver says to get a better understanding of what happened. 

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Like 2

More overly negative comments/off topic and resposes removed.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Anyone else continues to make overly negative derogatory remarks againt this location WILL face a suspension.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Guys get sucked into the sexual vortex of Pattaya and start thinking they are sexual Adonises, masters of the universe, an Alpha male's Alpha male. They start thinking treating Thai men contemptuously and unworthy to shine their shoes comes with the territory.

I thought that attitude comes easily with being a forum member here and isn't necessarily exclusive to Pattaya.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The motive for the attack is still being investigated. 

The police, TAT, city hall, the boss of the taxi rank and the driver jointly working on answers. Current scope of explonations: 1) Misunderstanding 2) his fault 3) brake failure

4 hours ago, YetAnother said:

watch TAT spin this one as a 'One off'

That's not our TVF Thai Standard Practices narrative by our cultural experts. This is so awkward, though, 'cause no other Thais joined in--a big contradiction to what We All Know.

But here ya go: Soon, a news article will appear about a Thai Good Samaritan, maybe a taxi driver who returned a wallet. In fact, one driver did recently w/o any preceding crime against a tourist, so we can just use that as preemption.