Pattaya: Foreigner "mercilessly" attacked with repeated kicks to the face in Walking Street

webfact

1 hour ago, cardinalblue said:

Is he being arrested for not having a mask on? The photo makes he look like he’s the centerpiece of a photo shoot...

doesn’t seem to be showing any remorse for his actions...

Who are you talking about?Pictures are of the victim!

1 hour ago, mr_lob said:

"Well built" ???????????? 

I could flick him over

Who are you talking about?Here i am looking all over for a picture of the mocy guy but only

pictures of the victim are shown.

Just because a person has a tan does not make him a Thai!

Two things occur to me about this story.  First is that Pattaya has no image to lose.  It hit rock bottom some time ago.  Unlikely that this will do any further damage than confirming what everyone already knows.  Second, that violent unprovoked attacks by complete strangers seem to be somewhat of an everyday occurrence Thailand ... at least if you watch Amarin “news” on TV.  No reason to see that this guy was singled out just because he was a Farang.  It’s a normal dominance behavior in Thailand ... a bit like your dog dry humping your guests when they come to your house.

The victim, who had earlier been taken to hospital, was being sought to do some much needed identification in the form of pointing, reported Pattaya Update News. 

NO! NO! NO! I thought that was  a thing of the past along with hordes of police standing behind a suspect with a blurry face/mask  sitting behind a desk that contained his ill gotten gains/evidence!

Ah, well, another step backwards in the future of mankind  Thailand's image!

Conspiracy theory:- Possibly the Chilean was "gay" and came on to the taxi rider?

(He is young, slim build, and didn't fight back - could be a "submissive"?)

As I say - conspiracy theory, because there doesn't seem to be any other apparent motive!

P.S. Hope they fire the book at the taxi rider, but TIT - no doubt his bosses will clear things up with the BIB! 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Perhaps more to the story?

"CCTV footage showed a tall and well built motorcyle taxi rider in a jacket sitting with the victim.

He then got up and slapped the victim in the face twice knocking him over. "

probably a lot more to the story, considering it was in the middle of the night with drinking involved..

The only thing they worry about is the image of Pattaya.

It doesn't even enter their brain, that if they were more humane in general and wouldn't do things like this, the image of the entire country would improve before noon. 

• Like 1

"The media said this was terrible for the image of Pattaya with the government trying to promote tourism post pandemic."

The truth of the matter must be, that the whole thing was a misunderstanding between the Chilean (just another "dirty farang") and a motorbike driver from a neighbouring country who worked illegally and of course without work permit. 

59 minutes ago, jvs said:

Who are you talking about?Here i am looking all over for a picture of the mocy guy but only

pictures of the victim are shown.

Just because a person has a tan does not make him a Thai!

Look closer?  We are all talking about the pic of the thai motorcycle driver... person with a tan <deleted>....

8 hours ago, LeamchabangLarry said:
8 hours ago, webfact said:

Police are trying to find the assailant

come on, how freaking hard could it be. 

throw that piece of trash in prison

Guys guys guys ..... if the POLICE can't find and arrest "BOSS"  (RedBull heir) how can they possibly be expected to find a ... oh never mind, they caught him already - the motorbike-taxi guy ... not "BOSS" ????