Pattaya: Foreigner "mercilessly" attacked with repeated kicks to the face in Walking Street

webfact

RE - Pattaya: Foreigner "mercilessly" attacked with repeated kicks to the face in Walking Street

At 2 am today a 24 year old Chilean national called Salvatore C. reported to Pol Capt Phuttarak Sornkhamhan that he had been attacked by a motorcycle taxi rider in Walking Street.

* Hmm, seems like a undercover LB dressed like a motorcycle taxi ...????

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

The questions is why did he not fight back.

Also, what was said when they were sitting together?

Not trying to minimize what happened to the foreigner, but drunken’ tourists can no doubt be the cause of many issues. I agree with the quote “ what was said that lit the taxi guy up while they were sitting together?

7 hours ago, madmen said:

First mistake, trying to befriend a taxi driver while drunk 

He must have said something offensive to the thug who instantly got up and smashed him. 

It should be a warning to tourists to steer clear of thai men. 

Steer clear of Pattaya would be better.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

In tears and speaking through an interpreter the victim who was covered in blood said that he had left a club at closing time and wanted to continue partying in Soi Bua Khao

So leaving a club at closing shouldn't Soi Bua Khao be closed too?

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Shocking that this could happen ....in a World class family resort,that's what

T.A.T. keeps calling it anyway ????

regards Worgeordie

I was watching a YouTube video of Pattaya yesterday and it occurred to me that one step towards making it a world class resort is to provide pavements/sidewalks for the rich tourists they so desperate to attract. Every side soi and even the main roads require pedestrians to walk in the road. It is such an obvious thing, so basic in any real world tourist town or city, that I'm amazed I've only just realised that Pattaya lacks such basic infrastructure. In Bangkok, it might be a good idea if they installed street lighting, starting with the main streets. Nearly all the light comes from shop or other business windows. Quite extraordinary.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I was watching a YouTube video of Pattaya yesterday and it occurred to me that one step towards making it a world class resort is to provide pavements/sidewalks for the rich tourists they so desperate to attract. Every side soi and even the main roads require pedestrians to walk in the road. It is such an obvious thing, so basic in any real world tourist town or city, that I'm amazed I've only just realised that Pattaya lacks such basic infrastructure. In Bangkok, it might be a good idea if they installed street lighting, starting with the main streets. Nearly all the light comes from shop or other business windows. Quite extraordinary.

It was called WALKING STREET because it was a pedestrian zone.

Just now, herwin1234 said:

that really doesnt matter. no need for that kind of speculation. to brutally beat anyone like that is wrong. period. no excuse. 

it would be really interesting to know though, and could also provide mitigating circumstances.

16 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

nah, rich tourists don't walk.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Perhaps more to the story?

"CCTV footage showed a tall and well built motorcyle taxi rider in a jacket sitting with the victim.

He then got up and slapped the victim in the face twice knocking him over. "

Was he verbally  Provoked ?  We don't know . even if he was , get him for Assault.

27 minutes ago, Nout said:
30 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Expand  

It was called WALKING STREET because it was a pedestrian zone.

I didn't specify WALKING STREET. I think you need to brush up your comprehension skills to properly understand what I wrote. Or maybe you thought you were replying to someone else as your comment bears no relation to what I wrote.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

Basically he knows he can get away with it; apologize, wai, small fine, all is forgiven. It's taken over twenty years to get to this level. One wonders if a new tourist industry in a world class family friendly Pattaya can be built after the pandemic.

Perhaps handout chicken essence soup gift baskets as they get off the plane. :thumbsup:

Edited by LomSak27

9 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Perhaps more to the story?

"CCTV footage showed a tall and well built motorcyle taxi rider in a jacket sitting with the victim.

He then got up and slapped the victim in the face twice knocking him over. "

The victim appears to be quite frail, so i hope that they sort this bully well and truelly.