Pattaya: Foreigner "mercilessly" attacked with repeated kicks to the face in Walking Street

webfact

Welcome to thailand.This is normal.We are looked upon as punch bags.Nothing will happen over this as normal.He will say the farang insulted him.But if it was the other way.The money bells start ringing.Im surprised its even being reported.Im surprised the cctv was working.only seems to work if its a farang at fault.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Thomas Hannah said:

Welcome to thailand.This is normal.We are looked upon as punch bags.Nothing will happen over this as normal.He will say the farang insulted him.But if it was the other way.The money bells start ringing.Im surprised its even being reported.Im surprised the cctv was working.only seems to work if its a farang at fault.

Rubbish, how long have you lived in Thailand? Pattaya is NOT Thailand.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

The questions is why did he not fight back.

Also, what was said when they were sitting together?

1. Maybe, the young lad was just not the violent type?................... There are plenty in the world.

2. Maybe, the young guy was sitting alone and the thug decided to join him and sit down uninvited?

All the makings this of an unwarranted and unjustified attack. They lad didn't fight back, He spoke very little English and was crying, either through frustration at not being understood or not being able to understand this attack without reason.

Just another thug in Pattaya, he certainly is no spring chicken either by the photo.

This has nothing to do with foreigners v Thais. Anyone who has been here for a while understands how it works when getting prosecuted. It's all to do with influence -  a foreigner with influence will be let off, a Thai with no influence(m/c drivers, prostitutes, etc) get charged. If there is a foreigner that doesn't integrate, hanging out at sex bars, can't speak the language, they will not even get on the bottom rung of the Thai hierarchical social ladder. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Why do you think Pattaya attracts these kinds of Thais?

Usually, like all big cities more opportunities for the ' unsavory types ' to disappear and reinvent themselves in a big city.

More scams and opportunities and target the vulnerable and the gullible.

• Thanks 1

We have no idea what was said to fire up the Win, but it is a safe assumption that it might have been something pretty awful.

Looking at the photo of him (the Win) he doesn't seem to be in a remorseful pose, so perhaps he feels justified.

We read every day on TV about pedophile behaviour and the hang 'em brigade get all excited about that, having no qualms at suggesting the perp is castrated or worse. So think for a moment: what if the tourist at 2am and drunk asked the Win to find him a 'little something'. how might you have reacted?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

Where does it say that the Chilean was drunk and perhaps the Win driver in the pic was the one which took the victim to the police station.

Correct, he doesn't say the lad was drunk.

I think with the photo of the  motorbike taxi driver with all the police around him and it looks like his accommodation in the background, the chances are this is the bully who picks on kids!

They said they had arrested him at 10am the following morning at his room. This looks like his room, itr sure isn't walking street or the police station.

4 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

We have no idea what was said to fire up the Win, but it is a safe assumption that it might have been something pretty awful.

Looking at the photo of him (the Win) he doesn't seem to be in a remorseful pose, so perhaps he feels justified.

We read every day on TV about pedophile behaviour and the hang 'em brigade get all excited about that, having no qualms at suggesting the perp is castrated or worse. So think for a moment: what if the tourist at 2am and drunk asked the Win to find him a 'little something'. how might you have reacted?

Quite, most of these drivers have strong sense of morality, especially the elder ones. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

And what else did your crystal ball say?

Amazing how people can form different opinions just looking at a photograph. I see an arrogant motorcycle taxi driver annoyed because he has been caught or the foreigner has complained.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Do you know many of them? Are any your friends?

I've worked in a rehab in Isarn for 17 years and assure you that they are NOT happy with their families having sex with 70-year old retired Scandinavian seamen and the like. Do you think that some of them might be driven to drink to forget what they are subjected to in the brothels? 

I assure you that the real stories you hear in an AA meeting are very different from what you hear from a tourist bar in Pattaya. 

Do YOU realize that sleeping with old Thai men in government positions or polcemen is common practice for many girls in Isaarn where they strive to be the mia noi or the gik!

4 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Do YOU realize that sleeping with old Thai men in government positions or polcemen is common practice for many girls in Isaarn where they strive to be the mia noi or the gik!

Do you realize that they don't like foreigners? They would rather be with a Thai man any day of the week and to think otherwise is showing that you are gullible to their 'handsome man/farang are bigger than Thai/ Thai men no good' talk. The are certainly good actresses. 

LOS, I don’t think so, difficult to smile if you have just had your face kicked in by a brain dead scumbag.

My sympathies to him and I hope that he gets the best medical care, for free, before going back to the relative safety of his home country.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Do you know many of them? Are any your friends?

I've worked in a rehab in Isarn for 17 years and assure you that they are NOT happy with their families having sex with 70-year old retired Scandinavian seamen and the like. Do you think that some of them might be driven to drink to forget what they are subjected to in the brothels? 

I assure you that the real stories you hear in an AA meeting are very different from what you hear from a tourist bar in Pattaya. 

He victim doesnt look 70. You have no idea what happened, only that they sat together and motocy guy beat him.

to you thats ok.

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I've even heard some sexpat say the girls enjoy their job which is irrational and only justifies their behavior to themselves. 

Some do, some don't, but I can't see myself (or any other foreigner) adding much damage to the soul of a 30+ year old lady that's been working there for over a decade already.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Do you realize that they don't like foreigners?

I don't like foreigners either, but I've never used that as an excuse to go around kicking anyone in the head.

And if they don't like foreigners, maybe they should have stayed in their home town/village in the boonies.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, jvs said:

Who are you talking about?Here i am looking all over for a picture of the mocy guy but only

pictures of the victim are shown.

Just because a person has a tan does not make him a Thai!

Erm...the guy in the motorbike jacket

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I don't like foreigners either, but I've never used that as an excuse to go around kicking anyone in the head.

And if they don't like foreigners, maybe they should have stayed in their home town/village in the boonies.

Why don't you like foreigners? 

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

There can be no justification for such a brutal beating.

Period.

Please stop trying to beat up this Chilean chico again online.

The tone of blaming the victim here is truly nauseating.

Of course there can be justification for a beating.

No one is blaming the guy but likewise no one should blame the m/c guy until proven guilty.

Anything could have happened, there are some very perverted people that go to Pattaya. Not the normal place for a 24 year old American.