Pattaya: Foreigner "mercilessly" attacked with repeated kicks to the face in Walking Street

webfact

59 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

We have no idea what was said to fire up the Win, but it is a safe assumption that it might have been something pretty awful.

Looking at the photo of him (the Win) he doesn't seem to be in a remorseful pose, so perhaps he feels justified.

We read every day on TV about pedophile behaviour and the hang 'em brigade get all excited about that, having no qualms at suggesting the perp is castrated or worse. So think for a moment: what if the tourist at 2am and drunk asked the Win to find him a 'little something'. how might you have reacted?

How can you justify your words when you have absolutely know idea what transpired. Perhaps you should take up story telling for a living. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I was watching a YouTube video of Pattaya yesterday and it occurred to me that one step towards making it a world class resort is to provide pavements/sidewalks for the rich tourists they so desperate to attract. Every side soi and even the main roads require pedestrians to walk in the road. It is such an obvious thing, so basic in any real world tourist town or city, that I'm amazed I've only just realised that Pattaya lacks such basic infrastructure. In Bangkok, it might be a good idea if they installed street lighting, starting with the main streets. Nearly all the light comes from shop or other business windows. Quite extraordinary.

Quite extraordinary? Not really thailand appears to be a third world country with 1 st world prices and aspirations.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AverageBloke said:

How can you justify your words when you have absolutely know idea what transpired. Perhaps you should take up story telling for a living. 

Perhaps you should read my post again, slowly.

I don't need to justify pointing out that we don't know what the tourist said.

And when you reach the part where I posit a 'what if' he had said something that most people on TV regard as a hanging offense, understand that clearly I don't know what he said either, nor am I pretending to know, but that we should at least consider that it is possible that he said something unconscionable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Antonymous said:

Perhaps you should read my post again, slowly.

I don't need to justify pointing out that we don't know what the tourist said.

And when you reach the part where I posit a 'what if' he had said something that most people on TV regard as a hanging offense, understand that clearly I don't know what he said either, nor am I pretending to know, but that we should at least consider that it is possible that he said something unconscionable.

Why would it matter what he said. He couldnt speak english so i doubt the guy could understand him anyway.

14 hours ago, peterpaintpot said:

I see a promotional opportunity here for the Mayor. Masochists welcome to visit Pattaya for an exciting break. Satisfaction guaranteed, all face kicking free of charge.

Face kicking will have to be socially distancing, and face masks will need to be worn.

15 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

The questions is why did he not fight back.

IMO based on history, if the fight escalates he wouldn't be fighting just one Thai, several more of the taxi drivers would jump in just because it's Thais against foreigners, they don't care about why they're fighting. I'm not proud of the fact, but I have first hand experience with this. In the western world we have this idea of one on one, not in Thailand.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

The total story is here

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/02/25/update-taxi-motorbike-driver-facing-assault-charges-says-he-attacked-chilean-man-because-he-was-annoying/

The young chilian was a drunk imbecil

unfortunately his way crossed a violent thug working as a motosai

My advices for both:

1\ the young chilian should stop to being drund

particularly when he is in a foreign country and he is not able 

to talk the language or at least some english

2\the motosai should find another job, if possible not

in contact with the public, or at least drunk foreigners

Being annoyed is no justification whatsoever to brutally assault someone. I'm surprised he didn't come up with a better story. Locals should be aware that he'll most likely be able to continue in his chosen profession.

• Like 2

Just now, Jingthing said:

But he did get a gift basket.

And a ''sorry sir''

it's better than nothing

i hope he is ''clear'' with his visa situation

i wouldn't be surprised if now the immigration has a look at him

The other concern is he was leaving a disco or a bar at 2 am on WS

when the closing legal hour for all the venues was supposed to be 11 pm (Midnight since yesterday)

nothing new here but now the ''public'' attention (Including the ''boss'' in Bangkok) has been driven on it

16 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Perhaps more to the story?

"CCTV footage showed a tall and well built motorcyle taxi rider in a jacket sitting with the victim.

He then got up and slapped the victim in the face twice knocking him over. "

Like what, a mental handicap?

16 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

The questions is why did he not fight back.

Also, what was said when they were sitting together?

A drunk man punched or kicked in the face a single good time will not be in a state to fight back. 

I am suspicious of this whole thing. I think some gay stuff is involved. The Chilean guy strikes me as gay. Just a hunch. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

A drunk man punched or kicked in the face a single good time will not be in a state to fight back. 

I am suspicious of this whole thing. I think some gay stuff is involved. The Chilean guy strikes me as gay. Just a hunch. 

Thats about you.

• Haha 2