Pattaya: Foreigner "mercilessly" attacked with repeated kicks to the face in Walking Street

webfact

Guys never forget the saying "When one doesn't want to, two can't fight" period. 

Not trying to justify what what the motosai guy did, because that is beyond justifiable, and his actions prove that he is a total scumbag. 

BUT, even if you do come across a scumbag, who is sitting next to you, and you are polite and kind to him, very very rarely will you find that he stands up and kicks you. 

Knowing for a fact that the Chilean dude was drunk, you could only imagine how badly he was running his mouth. Drunk + Running your mouth + Being close to a scumbag thug = Trip to hospital. 

And given that he comes from Chile, which is a rather dangerous country you would think that he has already learned that lesson of behaving even while drunk. Not shifting the blame to him, but definitely worth behaving at all times.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

A drunk man punched or kicked in the face a single good time will not be in a state to fight back. 

I am suspicious of this whole thing. I think some gay stuff is involved. The Chilean guy strikes me as gay. Just a hunch. 

Ok.  So it sexually motivated hate crime against a gay.  That would get international media coverage in the West as well.

CCTV footage of the attack:

https://youtu.be/YH9OxOr4vns?t=4

In Thairath from 25/02/21 they gave some more details. The WIN rider said the Chilean guy was drunk and kept pestering him to take him somewhere on his bike but there were communication problems. He told the foreigner to clear off but he kept on pestering him. He went on to say he has a short fuse and quick temper and just lost it. He accepts he did wrong and apologises for his inappropriate behaviour.
Police said they have charged the WIN rider with assault causing bodily harm and if the doctor's report reveals any serious injury they will add further charges. They will also present a gift basket to the injured party as a token of apology and to encourage further tourists.

Edited by katana
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

The questions is why did he not fight back.

Probably no warning given before he was slugged to the ground - the act of surprise. He was then kept on the ground by repeated kicks in the face.  You'd have got up and given the taxi rider a proper kicking no doubt?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why didn't he fight back? I don't know. Look at him. He was unarmed. He's  got a small build. He was drunk, alone, in a foreign land far from home, and not speaking Thai or having much English. Hmm. Maybe he didn't want to be murdered? 

I guess I can speak from my own one experience of being violently attacked by a local transportation professional. I didn't fight back either. I was in shock from the hits. He was younger and stronger. I was wearing glasses. I'm not much of a fighter, and perhaps most of all I know how these things go here, it's usual from attacking Thai transport professionals to easily gather a mob of their allies with no regard for whether the victim deserves it. I'm going to assume that fighting back increases the chances of a mob forming. 

Next ... 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Antonymous said:

We have no idea what was said to fire up the Win, but it is a safe assumption that it might have been something pretty awful.

Looking at the photo of him (the Win) he doesn't seem to be in a remorseful pose, so perhaps he feels justified.

We read every day on TV about pedophile behaviour and the hang 'em brigade get all excited about that, having no qualms at suggesting the perp is castrated or worse. So think for a moment: what if the tourist at 2am and drunk asked the Win to find him a 'little something'. how might you have reacted?

By retaliating with a  string of expletives would be  normal, but  not smashing his  face in, sticks and stones. Good to see Neeranam  has  fully  integrated into the Thai  thinking? mode,

13 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Rubbish, how long have you lived in Thailand? Pattaya is NOT Thailand.

First went thailand 1985.lived in thailand for 12 years upto 5 years ago.Is that long enough for you.I had no trouble.But could spend all day telling you of thailand.And i have been all over thailand.And its not just pattaya.So how long have you lived or been going thailand.

• Like 1