Thailand reports 72 new COVID-19 infections

webfact

2 hours ago, rabas said:

"2nd Feb they had 934 cases and did about 2000 tests giving an infection rate of nearly 50% which"

Your numbers are off by at least a factor of 10. There were about 21000 tests that day.

(check your graph)

Not sure where the numbers in the published graphs come from, ie where they get their sources, but the official figures for the 2nd Feb are:

Positive cases = 836

Tests = 9,720

Positive rate = 8.5%

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/situation.php

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not sure where the numbers in the published graphs come from, ie where they get their sources, but the official figures for the 2nd Feb are:

Positive cases = 836

Tests = 9,720

Positive rate = 8.5%

Data in all graphs so far in this thread are from ourworldindata.com, an international source. These are for total testing for all of Thailand. The viral pneumonia pages only contain testing for their screening system that started in early January 2020, as I understand. 

Here is complete testing data in high resolution for the second wave only, no averaging.

image.png.07a997a05db8f67f691509a19f9d3ed4.png

Edited by rabas

20 minutes ago, rabas said:

Data in all graphs so far in this thread are from ourworldindata.com, an international source. These are for total testing for all of Thailand. The viral pneumonia pages only contain testing for their screening system that started in early January 2020, as I understand. 

Here is complete testing data in high resolution for the second wave only, no averaging.

image.png.07a997a05db8f67f691509a19f9d3ed4.png

Yes I know the website, I've visited it many times, I'm just saying what the official figures are released from the Thai government on a daily basis. The same figures that are released by CCSA. The title in the daily charts published is "Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19)" 

These differ from those charts so back to my question I do not know where they get their information from but its not from the daily official figures. Thailand has never tested more than 12,000 people in one day officially.

The chart peaks at over 35,000, thats way off making it far from credible.

Edited by Bkk Brian

18 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

t be 

Positive cases = 836

Tests = 9,720

Positive rate = 8.5%

On reason might be the retesting the initial positive results for confirmation but who knows.

• Like 1