Forum not loading half the time

lopburi3

8 hours ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

Ahem. . . Hmm. There is absolutely NO expertise in IT, anywhere in Thailand, beyond the lifers at the ISPs that are trained to follow rote cards. Believe me, I have specific insight into the industry, Thailand is an IT expertise vacuum.

This forum is basically unusable. I can't even get a page to load via my Singapore IP space, I'm having to dog leg through my server in the UK just to post this gripe. I have a couple of theories why this is the case, but the fact it's ongoing suggests that whoever is maintaining the site is either not trying, or cannot figure it out.

Not true there are some good ones, you just dont realise it. Could be they are told they must restrict bandwidth by their bosses, ever thought of that? Probably not.

I use 3BB and I dont have any issues

Edited by upu2

8 hours ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

Ahem. . . Hmm. There is absolutely NO expertise in IT, anywhere in Thailand, beyond the lifers at the ISPs that are trained to follow rote cards. Believe me, I have specific insight into the industry, Thailand is an IT expertise vacuum.

This forum is basically unusable. I can't even get a page to load via my Singapore IP space, I'm having to dog leg through my server in the UK just to post this gripe. I have a couple of theories why this is the case, but the fact it's ongoing suggests that whoever is maintaining the site is either not trying, or cannot figure it out.

Just out of interest what area of work do you do?

On 2/28/2021 at 4:39 AM, Crossy said:

If we knew we might be able to fix it ???? 

It is most likely that when you go through a VPN you do not enter the system via the same switches

40 minutes ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

I'm an IT consultant and I work closely with CAT on a number of things. So please, don't try to tell me I don't realise it. . . IT 'expertise', really, it's a complete joke.

Really and yet you have no idea as to the possible causes? Nice try but I am not going for it. Incidentially you dont normally put VoIP in the same area as networking

I have been getting the problem for a couple of days , but the problem started quite a while ago , and yet still not fixed.

Should it matter which provider you use ?

Why should I have to use a VPN , this means I have to pay money to use this site.

Plus when I use a VPN and go on other sites to sign in , I have to jump through hoops because I get the " unusual traffic " notification.

So instead of it being fixed , TOT users have to work around it.

" Shirley " ???? somebody somewhere should know how to fix it.

The plomplem is probably issues with the site's state table and connections limit. The reason I often have problems, not just with TV, is I'm surfing through a corporate load balancer, each 'state' or connection (there are hundreds for each site you visit) are balanced over my 3 separate connections from CAT, ToT and 3bb. This regularly causes problems logging into online banking, you're just thrown out because the bank sees your IP changing.

About this site, it seems to me they're trying to run it on the absolute minimum specs they can get away with. It's not even responding to Cloudflare.

I wonder how many of us with this problem are using a Carrier Grade NAT? (package without public IP)

EDIT: Cloudflare have servers in Bangkok. The problem is almost certainly an unreasonable rate limit set at the server level for local Cloudflare IPs, why using a VPN allows you to visit the site normally. . .

First consultation, free of charge. I must be bored this week.

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly
  • Like 1

Ok, so my understanding is that the official reason for the issues of yesterday into this morning is that there was a change in  equipment 'server'.  Now I see that I have overlapping of fonts and some images are not showing (forgive my lack of technical terms, as I am not IT knowledge expert). Is perhaps there still some work to adjust  to be done?

One question, but has forum standard font changed? it looks different to me or maybe I am imagining. Thank you

6 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

One question, but has forum standard font changed? it looks different to me or maybe I am imagining. Thank you

Believe that happens every time they reload software - normally they change back later.

Looking at the console output, there are two main problems:

(1) The website hasn't added a Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) header to specify which cross domain resources can be loaded.  This means that all XMLHttpRequest to load material from optimale.thaivisa.com are being blocked.  (This will only affect very recent browser versions.)

(2) Security has been set up incorrectly to block access to assets.thaivisa.com which is where images are stored.

Neither of these should be difficult to fix.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Oxx said:

Looking at the console output, there are two main problems:

(1) The website hasn't added a Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) header to specify which cross domain resources can be loaded.  This means that all XMLHttpRequest to load material from optimale.thaivisa.com are being blocked.  (This will only affect very recent browser versions.)

(2) Security has been set up incorrectly to block access to assets.thaivisa.com which is where images are stored.

Neither of these should be difficult to fix.

Right now I see TVF like this, on my PC Win 10 Pro, Brave browser.

image.thumb.png.b1962d27ce03b14d716644df44e05164.png

On 3/4/2021 at 11:38 AM, OJAS said:

Fingers firmly crossed that these don't turn out to be famous last words, of course.

So much for those "famous last words"! Today is the first time since that particular posting that I've been able to access Thaivisa!! And I'm not holding my breath that things have now finally been sorted for us TOT subscribers!!!