Two rangers killed and one injured in an ambush in Thailand’s Narathiwat province

webfact

Two rangers killed and one injured in an ambush in Thailand’s Narathiwat province

1D9E9DEE-A53C-4287-9725-8717E1E96528.jpg

Two para-military rangers were killed and another seriously injured in an ambush by suspected insurgents on a jungle trail in Ra-ngae district of the southern border province of Narathiwat this morning (Thursday).

Colonel Kiatisak Maneewong, spokesman for the Internal Security Operations Command of the Fourth Army Region, said that a 16-man para-military unit was on foot patrol in the forest, in Ban Choeng Khao Tawae, when an unspecified number of suspected insurgents detonated an improvised explosive device and opened fire with automatic weapons, triggering a fierce firefight.

When the gunfire stopped, the suspected insurgents retreated from the scene and two rangers were dead and one injured. The dead were identified as Bahawi Maruesa and Sornram Ratcharak.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/two-rangers-killed-and-one-injured-in-an-ambush-in-thailands-narathiwat-province/

Logo-top-.png

17 hours ago, EricTh said:

How many people must die due to some Muslim terrorists? Why is Thailand so lenient?

I'll take that as a rhetorical question. 

Human history is replete with war/killing/terrorism fueled by religion, which in turn is spawned by a primal  fear of death.

So it's unlikely to ever stop. 

For my part when my time comes I'm happy to just 'blip out'. I don't want a do-over.