Where In Bangkok can I buy 100 OZ silver bars?? :)

Please can anyone tell me where to buy these? I know they will be difficult to resell in Thailand later,  but I still just want to buy some now. I know I have the silver bug and am already loaded with silver etfs but want some physical. Wallstreetsilver etc. I thought that there was some bullion dealer who had stuff like this somewhere near silom with a vault but now can not find it. thailand is difficult for silver and I do not understand why.....

Thanks.
They do not have 100 OZ silver bars. Gold shops including Hua Heng Seng do not stock silver. So strange to me. I have bought a few morgan silver dollars at chatuchak weekend market but no way would they ever have silver bars. 

i don’t understand the reluctance of Thais to understand silver as an investment. A long  time ago Thailand used to issue silver coins. But it is almost like silver investment bars are not available here...

Just an idea (I've seen that you know about silver in TH)

If you find a place where jewellers (silver smiths) buy their raw material? You would have to go down to 925 Sterling probably.

I did the same with Gold bars (965) as they are always traded at material value. (in this occasion I got aware of TH and silver)

Thailand's precious metals market is gold only but you can trade silver futures on TFEX.  With a brokerage account you can buy shares in the SLV silver ETF in New York or shares of silver mining companies like First Majestic Silver listed in Toronto and New York. A lot of countries make investment in silver coins or bars inconvenient by charging VAT as they consider it a raw material not an investment. I don't know if Thailand does.

On 2/25/2021 at 5:16 PM, papersource said:

Please can anyone tell me where to buy these? I know they will be difficult to resell in Thailand later,  but I still just want to buy some now. I know I have the silver bug and am already loaded with silver etfs but want some physical. Wallstreetsilver etc. I thought that there was some bullion dealer who had stuff like this somewhere near silom with a vault but now can not find it. thailand is difficult for silver and I do not understand why.....

I have been buying physical silver for a number of years in Thailand and overseas. If you want to PM me, i will give you the contact details for an Assay company in Surawong, who predominantly service the jewellery market. I don't know if they will make you 100oz bars (just over 3kg each), but I have been purchasing 500g bars from them for a while, can't hurt to ask, the lady I deal with there is very helpful. Also on your point about them being difficult to resell, not so... As long as the bars you buy are stamped by the Assay (mine as stamped with the name and logo of the Assay and as 999.9 fine silver), they will certainly buy them back from you. I sold 30kg of silver back to them not so long ago.

While I'm talking about Silver, I have a number of 1oz Canadian Silver Maple Leafs I'm willing to sell if anybody is interested. They are 2016/2017 with the latest micro engraved security features (the Canadian Mint call this Bullion DNA), I have the receipts and am willing to sell them at the spot price of Canadian Silver Maple Leafs on the Bullion Star website (for this year of coin) on the date of sale, the minimum purchase is 25 coins as they come in a 25 coin tube and I don't want to split up tubes of coins. If any body is interested you can PM me... .cheers.

Edited by DeepSea
Typo

On 2/25/2021 at 6:06 PM, Arkady said:

Thailand's precious metals market is gold only but you can trade silver futures on TFEX.  With a brokerage account you can buy shares in the SLV silver ETF in New York or shares of silver mining companies like First Majestic Silver listed in Toronto and New York. A lot of countries make investment in silver coins or bars inconvenient by charging VAT as they consider it a raw material not an investment. I don't know if Thailand does.

Hey Arkady,

Yes, I can confirm that unfortunately you do pay 7% VAT when purchasing Silver in Thailand.

On 2/25/2021 at 5:49 PM, pikao said:

Just an idea (I've seen that you know about silver in TH)

If you find a place where jewellers (silver smiths) buy their raw material? You would have to go down to 925 Sterling probably.

I did the same with Gold bars (965) as they are always traded at material value. (in this occasion I got aware of TH and silver)

Hey Pikao,

It certainly is possible to buy 999.9 Fine Silver bullion bars here in Thailand, been doing it for years, I also buy 24k gold (99.9% purity) from the same dealer. They are an Assay, who assess the purity of metals for the market, they have been in business for years and are trustworthy when it comes to purchase and sale of metals. I'm not on a commission with these guys, just my personal experience.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, DeepSea said:

It certainly is possible to buy 999.9 Fine Silver bullion bars here in Thailand, been doing it for years, I also buy 24k gold (99.9% purity) from the same dealer. They are an Assay, who assess the purity of metals for the market, they have been in business for years and are trustworthy when it comes to purchase and sale of metals. I'm not on a commission with these guys, just my personal experience.

Hey DeepSea,

thanks for that. I live on Koh Phangan and we only have 4 or 5 gold dealers here. Not each of them is selling bars of any kind.

Silver they don't like. Could have bought Gold 24k (a bit more complicated...here), but decided to go with Thai Gold as it's easy to sell everywhere

Good luck

• 2 years later...
On 2/25/2021 at 5:28 PM, papersource said:

Thanks.
They do not have 100 OZ silver bars. Gold shops including Hua Heng Seng do not stock silver. So strange to me. I have bought a few morgan silver dollars at chatuchak weekend market but no way would they ever have silver bars. 

i don’t understand the reluctance of Thais to understand silver as an investment. A long  time ago Thailand used to issue silver coins. But it is almost like silver investment bars are not available here...

Asked my wife the same thing a while ago.....she told in Thailand everyone focus on Gold. Silver only for jewellery. I would like to have some silver coins as well...She pointed out, that what helps if they are complete unknown/exotic...