Nose Hair Trimmers - Recommendations 

Daffy D

Have come to the conclusion removing Nose and Ear hair is getting too difficult not to mention painful using tweezers, so decided to upgrade and buy one of those new fangled trimmer things to make life a little more pleasant 

Looking through options on Lazada I notice it's a bit complicated as there are at least 3 or 4 different types of cutting heads to choose from. :sad:

The question is, any of you nice gentlemen, or ladies using a trimmer what type are you using and are you happy with the general results.

Any feedback welcome. :smile:

1951340003_ProofSheet.JPG.2e0607395b5e49909f28e65c3af0e4dd.JPG

3 minutes ago, mr mr said:

a lighter and a really quick inhale through your nose only should sort it all out. careful not to suck in too hard through your nose or the flame will go a little further in than you want. 

Would this work at errrm.. the other end...?

Asking for a friend.

• Haha 2

I stick with old school...

Image result for nose trimmer scissors notice this is specific for the job,

and notice there are No pointy bits at the sharp end 

no more tears from plucking...  

one think about powered pluckers - that you beware if it a battery model!! - for if you start plucking and the battery has gone low; the tears will return

• Like 1

I use the AA battery powered Panasonic ER430 which has its own vacuum cleaning system which works great.  Look up Panasonic Nose Hair Trimmer and Ear Hair Trimmer ER430K on amazon.com.  I don't know if it is available locally in Thailand.

• Like 2

Had something like the top right one. Few accessories/heads/blades included, but weren't of much interest. Worked fine until one morning it stopped, while up the nostril. Then started again. Then stopped. Getting it out was not painless. Sent to the trash. Using them little scissors now, not comfortable, but safe.

Thought about it the other day, that what with Covid-19 and masks, I'm slacking (a bit) in this department.

2 hours ago, faraday said:

Would this work at errrm.. the other end...?

Asking for a friend.

One advantage the other end, as you put it, it only discharges so shouldn't be a problem, it might blow the lighter out or leave a flash mark up the wall, but hey ho whatever you want to try.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SooKee said:

I've got the Philips one.  Not that impressed TBH.

I had a battery Phillips that I brought out from England about 15 years ago, was advertised as Male Personal Grooming, it was basically a reduced version of the standard hair trimmer, the blades were at right angles to that shown in the pictures above and only about a quarter inch wide, I want another but have never seen one anywhere.

3 hours ago, polpott said:

I had the one top right. Came with a variety of attachments, the eyebrow trimmer was particularly useful. Great when it was new but 10 years old now and time for a new one. Will follow this thread with interest.

I too have the top right. It's been at least 3 or 4 years now and it's still running and working well. No pain and is a good product. @Daffy D

• Like 1

I have the second Philips, with the orange trim. The long blade area seems, to me, handier than the round trimmers.

Also, easy to clean under the tap. I never do any other maintenance. 

The eyebrow attachments (short and long) are handy but easy to lose when travelling. I actually bought another trimmer just to get that attachment. 

26 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

STIHL MS362 C-M Professional Chainsaw | B.W. Machinerygreat for those hard to get to areas..

Come on man, who is going to actually use this on themselves? You think it can actually fit in someones nose? I mean if someone were to actually use this it would be a terrible accident. I could only imagine the incident. Ambulance arrives and the guy thinks to himself 'here we go again.'

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, mojaco said:

I use the AA battery powered Panasonic ER430 which has its own vacuum cleaning system which works great.  Look up Panasonic Nose Hair Trimmer and Ear Hair Trimmer ER430K on amazon.com.  I don't know if it is available locally in Thailand.

I’ve been using the Panasonic ER-GN30 for at least 10 years now. Does a better  job than the Braun trimmer, IMO, i.e., it cuts closer.

I ordered mine from an eBay seller in Hong Kong.

Fairly inexpensive, IIRC.

I have the bottom right hand one. I bought it at Macau airport 3-4 years ago, and it still going strong with the original Phillips battery in. The attachments are great for doing eyebrows.

I had something similar to the top right hand one, but it ripped out my nose hair and hurt like hell!

17 hours ago, ukrules said:

Braun, picked it up from some pharmacy, any of them will do the job, it's not a complicated device, it's just a rotating 'blade' inside a 'guard'.

Not really, a cheap one will go blunt fairly quickly and start pulling instead of cutting :shock1:

That's why feedback from users is useful  :thumbsup:  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mr mr said:

a lighter and a really quick inhale through your nose only should sort it all out. careful not to suck in too hard through your nose or the flame will go a little further in than you want. 

Errm! something like this:-

422226664_gaslighter.JPG.917c7bb8de8abe9eb23615ec39963b9c.JPG

Good thought but no thanks ????

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, polpott said:

I had the one top right. Came with a variety of attachments, the eyebrow trimmer was particularly useful. Great when it was new but 10 years old now and time for a new one. Will follow this thread with interest.

Can you remember the make ?

Most of the ones on Lazada seem to be that design but obviously not all the same quality, so if yours lasted 10 years that would be worth a look. :thumbsup:

57 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Can you remember the make ?

Most of the ones on Lazada seem to be that design but obviously not all the same quality, so if yours lasted 10 years that would be worth a look. :thumbsup:

manufactured by Wahl and bought at Boots back in the UK.

Wahl Neus- Oor- en precisietrimmer WA5545-2416

Edited by polpott
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

Come on man, who is going to actually use this on themselves? You think it can actually fit in someones nose? I mean if someone were to actually use this it would be a terrible accident. I could only imagine the incident. Ambulance arrives and the guy thinks to himself 'here we go again.'

besides all the noise complaints from the neighbor who can't hear his dog bark anymore..

• Haha 1