Police oppose bail for Bangla shooter

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

Though thoughtful and I am appreciative of your point, I too strongly condemn such behavior. But what about forgiveness? I noticed in your first sentence it is as though one should die? Is that implying a sort of 'eye for an eye' type reaction? I think the death penalty should be abolished and not used. Just my opinion.

I do not understand. Are you asking us to forgive a murdering cop? Before he has even been judged by a court? After injuring, then slaughtering an innocent man, who was only trying to support his family? Why on earth would we do that? I absolutely love the death penalty, when applied to murder, or other equally horrendous crimes, and there is no shadow of a doubt that the person charged, was guilty, and there are eye witnesses to the crime, or solid evidence. My only complaint about the death penalty, is that it usually takes too long to carry out. I say do it within 30 days, with no chance of appeal. Cruel? Maybe. But, was the murder of the innocent cruel? And is supporting this man in jail, only to have him released early, cruel to society? 

Yes, a bit of an eye for an eye. Society could use more of that, and less forgiveness of heinous crimes. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I do not understand. Are you asking us to forgive a murdering cop? Before he has even been judged by a court? After injuring, then slaughtering an innocent man, who was only trying to support his family? Why on earth would we do that? I absolutely love the death penalty, when applied to murder, or other equally horrendous crimes, and there is no shadow of a doubt that the person charged, was guilty, and there are eye witnesses to the crime, or solid evidence. My only complaint about the death penalty, is that it usually takes too long to carry out. I say do it within 30 days, with no chance of appeal. Cruel? Maybe. But, was the murder of the innocent cruel? And is supporting this man in jail, only to have him released early, cruel to society? 

Yes, a bit of an eye for an eye. Society could use more of that, and less forgiveness of heinous crimes. 

We can agree to disagree and in a constructive way of course. To be so passionate about the death penalty so much as to say "I absolutely love the death penalty, when applied to murder, or other equally...;" is something I could never be nor advocate for. I suppose if we were together having a chat, I'd bring up the comparison of your religious upbringing or current beliefs with this view. Just out curiosity.

Lastly, was your opening questions aimed (555) at the Bangla cop? The victim was not murdered. I think such an opening response is dramatic and over the top if it was.

30 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

We can agree to disagree and in a constructive way of course. To be so passionate about the death penalty so much as to say "I absolutely love the death penalty, when applied to murder, or other equally...;" is something I could never be nor advocate for. I suppose if we were together having a chat, I'd bring up the comparison of your religious upbringing or current beliefs with this view. Just out curiosity.

Lastly, was your opening questions aimed (555) at the Bangla cop? The victim was not murdered. I think such an opening response is dramatic and over the top if it was.

Yes, you are correct. I did not realize he is still alive. Happy to hear that. However, if he were to die, it would be murder, and my sentiments about the death penalty would apply. I consider myself to be a spiritual man. And a democrat! Most of my centrist friends do not relate to my support of the death penalty. I consider it very beneficial to society, when employed on the most heinous of offenders. I do not see a conflict with my beliefs. There are some lines you just do not cross, in this life. And if you do, there is a price to be paid for your behavior. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

The suspect does not need to have actually committed the crime, or have any knowledge of it to be involved in the "reenactment".  They are told what to do by the police.

You could probably say that performing the reenactment is actually supposedly no indication of guilt, but you have to wonder if the reason they do it is to make the suspects appear more guilty.

This re-enactment is an unnecessary  charade anyway. The police have all they need to ensure a conviction. Witness(s), CCTV, forensics and, from the sound of it, a confession as well.

There have been attempts several times to end these charades by human rights folk. They are seen as a 'walking confession' that cannot be withdrawn later.

18 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

This re-enactment is an unnecessary  charade anyway. The police have all they need to ensure a conviction. Witness(s), CCTV, forensics and, from the sound of it, a confession as well.

There have been attempts several times to end these charades by human rights folk. They are seen as a 'walking confession' that cannot be withdrawn later.

Quite.  As far as I know, we use reenactments of crimes in the UK to see if it jogs anyone's memory or causes any new witnesses to come forward.  I don't see that in these reenactments at all.

13 hours ago, Agusts said:

The fact that he went and slapped and kicked the guy after means he didn't realize he shot him....!, I'm pretty sure he was so out of it he thought the victim was pretending/acting out, so he got angry and went to deal with him....!!! Imagine being so drunk not realizing you shot someone...??? (I hope that's not going to work for his defence for a lesser sentence...).

Or... the cop didn't get satisfaction from squeezing the trigger and decided he would get more enjoyment out of the victim with punches and kicks. That display of violence would impress the club bouncer more than just pointing and shooting...

7 hours ago, Moonlover said:

But they sooo look forward to the field trips and photo ops to break up the monotony of whatever they do to pass the time!

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes, you are correct. I did not realize he is still alive. Happy to hear that. However, if he were to die, it would be murder, and my sentiments about the death penalty would apply. I consider myself to be a spiritual man. And a democrat! Most of my centrist friends do not relate to my support of the death penalty. I consider it very beneficial to society, when employed on the most heinous of offenders. I do not see a conflict with my beliefs. There are some lines you just do not cross, in this life. And if you do, there is a price to be paid for your behavior. 

Death-penalty is something which can only work in theory. You say, someone who commits a horrendous crime (murder, rape, pedophilia,...) should face death penalty. And I agree with you to this point. But this is pure theory so far. 

When you come and apply this theory to real life, you will find that you've applied the death penalty to someone who had nothing to do with that crime. It has happened, it still happens in places which keep death penalty, and it will continue to happen. Do you really think it's worth running the risk of killing someone not guilty when you could leave them to rot in jail instead? (which is probably a harsher punishment than death to them btw)

16 hours ago, dutchweller said:

Here is a novel idea?

How about the government ISSUE weapons to the cops and SAFELY STORE THEM IN AN AMORY when not on Duty?

Instead you have low IQ morons with short tempers and alcohol abuse issues wandering around armed with 90% of the time fully loaded side arms.

Because armouries become targets during times of conflicts, especially terrorism.

10 hours ago, ctxa said:

Death-penalty is something which can only work in theory. You say, someone who commits a horrendous crime (murder, rape, pedophilia,...) should face death penalty. And I agree with you to this point. But this is pure theory so far. 

When you come and apply this theory to real life, you will find that you've applied the death penalty to someone who had nothing to do with that crime. It has happened, it still happens in places which keep death penalty, and it will continue to happen. Do you really think it's worth running the risk of killing someone not guilty when you could leave them to rot in jail instead? (which is probably a harsher punishment than death to them btw)

I think if there are credible eye witnesses, video taped evidence, or strong forensics that show who is the guilty party, without a doubt, just do it. And do it quickly. 

On 2/27/2021 at 5:23 AM, hotchilli said:

Because armouries become targets during times of conflicts, especially terrorism.

So do Somchai the drunken cops Dresser that is locked with a plastic hairpin he stole from his daughter..

With the bonus that 99% of the time the AMO and mag is stored right beside it.

• Haha 1

On 2/26/2021 at 6:04 AM, Solinvictus said:

Though thoughtful and I am appreciative of your point, I too strongly condemn such behavior. But what about forgiveness? I noticed in your first sentence it is as though one should die? Is that implying a sort of 'eye for an eye' type reaction? I think the death penalty should be abolished and not used. Just my opinion.

Forgive someone that tries to murder another? So the guy shoots your mother/father/sister/brother/daughter/son and you're cool with that? Sorry, but it is this kind of liberalistic, maudlin twaddle that has the human race in knots atm. The place is overpopulated so let's protect the good and the innocent yeah? Yuck.

• Sad 1

On 2/26/2021 at 5:33 AM, dutchweller said:

Here is a novel idea?

How about the government ISSUE weapons to the cops and SAFELY STORE THEM IN AN AMORY when not on Duty?

Instead you have low IQ morons with short tempers and alcohol abuse issues wandering around armed with 90% of the time fully loaded side arms.

They won't because it costs. 'All' cops currently pay for their own arms. But yes that'd be a move in the right direction... though the question is then which numpty has the key?

On 3/1/2021 at 3:25 AM, daveAustin said:

They won't because it costs. 'All' cops currently pay for their own arms. But yes that'd be a move in the right direction... though the question is then which numpty has the key?

Yep 

I know the cops pay for their own.

Fun fact they actually do get service issued weapons but they are so bad and cheap and rust immediately no one takes them and all prefer to buy a "discounted" Glock or SIG 9mm from the "recommended" supplier for 30-40k.

Infact most of the cops gear is supplied but is such bad quality that no one wants it.

I had to buy boots and a Kevlar vest for by brother inlaw during recent coup.

As the one they supplied were literally a padded vest with led shavings stuffed in it.. 

I bought him a proper Kevlar vest.

He almost had it "stolen" permanently borrowed by his boss who thought it was too good for him and much better than his one..until I confronted him anf said he can buy one too? Or is he too poor to buy one.? He immediately bought his own..

4 hours ago, dutchweller said:

Yep 

I know the cops pay for their own.

Fun fact they actually do get service issued weapons but they are so bad and cheap and rust immediately no one takes them and all prefer to buy a "discounted" Glock or SIG 9mm from the "recommended" supplier for 30-40k.

Infact most of the cops gear is supplied but is such bad quality that no one wants it.

I had to buy boots and a Kevlar vest for by brother inlaw during recent coup.

As the one they supplied were literally a padded vest with led shavings stuffed in it.. 

I bought him a proper Kevlar vest.

He almost had it "stolen" permanently borrowed by his boss who thought it was too good for him and much better than his one..until I confronted him anf said he can buy one too? Or is he too poor to buy one.? He immediately bought his own..

Yes, we bought my wifes nephew his police gun about 30k baht