Do I need to Print Air Ticket?

Neeranam

8 minutes ago, Pmax said:

'these days" nothing more than ID or driving license is needed. Flying domestic twice a week for the last 8 years and never shown more. They got your booking in the system and look for it by typing your name in... done

Even international just handing over your passport is enough.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nout said:

Maybe not NEED to but really useful to have a hard copy.

I used to think that but cannot remember why....over the last 5 years or so just showed up with email or PDF on phone and passport.

I suppose if your phone fails it might be handy to have a printed copy.....

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Wow, I didn't know that, thx.

The only time it's "failed" for me was when I handed over the "wrong" passport at check-in. I gave the lady the PP with my Thai stuff in (as they usually look for overstay etc.) but the system had the number of my PP I intended entering Oz on, just gave her the other PP which solved the problem.

Not an issue now as I'm down to one valid PP, not travelling nearly as often (work, not covid, reasons).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Crossy said:

The only time it's "failed" for me was when I handed over the "wrong" passport at check-in. I gave the lady the PP with my Thai stuff in (as they usually look for overstay etc.) but the system had the number of my PP I intended entering Oz on, just gave her the other PP which solved the problem.

Not an issue now as I'm down to one valid PP, not travelling nearly as often (work, not covid, reasons).

So should be OK domestically just showing Thai ID. 

2 hours ago, Nout said:

Maybe not NEED to but really useful to have a hard copy.

Not really. I usually have a post-it note with the booking id stuck to the passport. It helps the desk as the code is their main search tool. They only have to type the code in and ask no more.. Nowadays they send all the stuff by phone with QR codes and you can just wave it at them.

On 2/25/2021 at 7:01 AM, Solinvictus said:

Yeah it is. Just bring it up on your phone and show them. Your profile name reminds me of 'Neera Tanden.' Sorry.

God bless Neera Tanden. As an intelligent and capable woman of color, I think her chances of confirmation are slim.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, mrfill said:

Not really. I usually have a post-it note with the booking id stuck to the passport. It helps the desk as the code is their main search tool. They only have to type the code in and ask no more.. Nowadays they send all the stuff by phone with QR codes and you can just wave it at them.

It's really useful to have a hard copy. Really helpful. 

• Confused 1

On 2/26/2021 at 7:06 AM, Crossy said:

Even international just handing over your passport is enough.

But there are other countries where you are usually required to show your paper ticket to access the airport terminal......India, Philippines... and others

• Like 1

On 2/27/2021 at 7:07 AM, Nout said:

It's really useful to have a hard copy. Really helpful. 

Why? Any reason? the less paper I have to carry around the better. NEVER in the last few years i experienced any issues with just the passport handing over...

• Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 3:01 PM, Neeranam said:

Wow, I didn't know that, thx.

it is always a good idea to print out your itinerary, or at least photo it onto your phone, as a minimum,  fight and airline reference.  It does no harm and can be valuable if the airline system is playing up, which they do at times. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zappalot said:

Why? Any reason? the less paper I have to carry around the better. NEVER in the last few years i experienced any issues with just the passport handing over...

I agree you only need the passport, but I tend to carry too much paper just in case and it's never a problem.