Republican leaders want a show of unity. Will Trump allow it?

webfact

You should learn about the presidents who have led their compatriots to death, with the simple reflection so "stupid", so stupid: "we strongly condemn these attacks, these attacks, these massacres. Justice will be done".
Nothing is done, or very little.
And it continues with impunity.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Ex-President Trump will sort out the weeds from the grass in no time. He will the leader of the party sooner than later. Just don't worry about the Republican's as they will shine. I would worry more about the Dems. as I hear over 30 Dems. don't want Biden to carry the Nuclear football. For once I would be on the side of the Dems. wouldn't you?

Typical distortion. Those Democrats don't want any President to have the sole authority to launch a nuclear war. And it's opposed by at least some high ranking Republicans.

"House Republicans on the Armed Services Committee are slamming the effort, with GOP Conference Chair Liz Cheney (R-Wy.), Committee Ranking Member Mike Rogers (R-Al.) and Subcommittee Ranking Member Mike Turner (R-Oh.) releasing a statement decrying the idea as dangerous.

“The President of the United States must have the exclusive ability to command and control our nuclear deterrent. Democrats’ dangerous efforts suggesting a restructuring of our nuclear command and control process will undermine American security, as well as the security of our allies,” the three said."

https://nypost.com/2021/02/25/democrats-ask-biden-to-give-up-power-to-launch-nuclear-bomb/

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

Typical distortion. Those Democrats don't want any President to have the sole authority to launch a nuclear war. And it's opposed by at least some high ranking Republicans.

"House Republicans on the Armed Services Committee are slamming the effort, with GOP Conference Chair Liz Cheney (R-Wy.), Committee Ranking Member Mike Rogers (R-Al.) and Subcommittee Ranking Member Mike Turner (R-Oh.) releasing a statement decrying the idea as dangerous.

“The President of the United States must have the exclusive ability to command and control our nuclear deterrent. Democrats’ dangerous efforts suggesting a restructuring of our nuclear command and control process will undermine American security, as well as the security of our allies,” the three said."

https://nypost.com/2021/02/25/democrats-ask-biden-to-give-up-power-to-launch-nuclear-bomb/

Democrats might be thinking that he might be a bit shaky with his trigger finger.

6 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Trump can never win another national election.  The only power he has left--maybe--is to derail the careers of certain Republicans in very red states.  That, and the power to incite extreme nutbags to commit violence. 

He can and he will if he can overcome the state of New York's legal case against him.

43 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Ass long as they all kiss his @ss and tell him every day how much they love and adore him and how great and wonderful he is. 

Golden. Many folks can't seem to grasp that's all Trump is. Overriding the integrity and agenda of the American people.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

He can and he will if he can overcome the state of New York's legal case against him.

I don’t think so we all hear about the lunatic fringe crowd most real republicans are horrified by trump they are ditching the party in droves 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

Ass long as they all kiss his @ss and tell him every day how much they love and adore him and how great and wonderful he is. 

Roll out the golden calf in the form of Trump draped in fake gold wearing his shorts designed American flag and worship the false idol. Religious conservative Rep Party has gone all wrong with Trump. 

Former CPAC Chair Minces No Words Slamming What The Event, GOP Have Now Become

"In an interview with CNN’s Erin Burnett, Edwards likened the GOP to a cult whose members are living in an alternate reality. “The party seems now to be completely following the lead of one man wherever he goes, which is the definition of a cult,” he continued “Now all that matters is ‘Trump is for this, we’re for this.’ And that includes denying truth, denying fact, denying reality."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kelsall said:

Bill Maher has a clue at least...

"Maher continued, 'He is going to say Sunday that he's the presumptive nominee in 2024, no one is going to oppose him, there are nine panels at the CPAC convention all about how the election was stolen, none about why it was lost. That's where they are. If you think that 2024 is not going to be a nailbiter or that he isn't going to be the nominee, I think you're being naive.'"

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/bill-maher-trump-cpac-2024

Rational folks (many republicans)are btw aren’t going to back a guy that that is largely responsible for getting 500,000 Americans killed in a year (more than all combat deaths in the last centuries wars) tryed to destroy our democracy cratered our economy lost all 3 branches of government?made us a laughingstock wrecked our reputation and alliances no sir I don’t think so nope I don’t buy it 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tug said:

Rational folks (many republicans)are btw aren’t going to back a guy that that is largely responsible for getting 500,000 Americans killed in a year (more than all combat deaths in the last centuries wars) tryed to destroy our democracy cratered our economy lost all 3 branches of government?made us a laughingstock wrecked our reputation and alliances no sir I don’t think so nope I don’t buy it 

Alright. How many rational Republicans are there? Certainly a whole lot of Republicans voted for Trump in the first place, and even more surprisingly (or not) more did so the second time around, when most of the stuff mentioned was already public knowledge.

Factor in voter attentions span - we're talking about 3 years from now (campaign start), much of this would be in the past, and obviously not all will be fixed - and blamed on Biden without blinking an eye.

Trump's legal troubles, on which some hang their hopes, may take longer than that to sort. Rationally, going into a campaign while these are on would seem foolish, but for Trump that'd be just another opportunity for the old battle cry "Witch hunt!".

I'd be weary.

• Thanks 1