Pattaya: Motorcycle taxi man gives his excuses after Walking Street attack - he's detained, Chilean gets apology basket

webfact

Pattaya: Motorcycle taxi man gives his excuses after Walking Street attack - he's detained, Chilean gets apology basket

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

The man responsible for a brutal attack on a young Chilean man in Walking Street yesterday has given a bunch of excuses.

Meanwhile his victim got a bunch of flowers and some fruit to say sorry from the police on behalf of Thailand.

The story reached Thai national news with the violence from CCTV being shown to the nation after the attack at 2 am.

Bloodied Salvatore C., 24, needed hospital treatment after being slapped and kicked in the face.

Police arrested Amorn or "Jiap" Bunmee at his house in the afternoon and also took in Ritthisak, 45, who was also at the beating, for questioning.

Jiap said that the foreigner was drunk and had begged him for a ride. But there was a breakdown in communication and he told him to go elsewhere.

However, the tourist kept on imploring him for a ride and this caused Jiap to lose his temper.

He admitted that he is the kind of person that is "prone to annoyance" and "easily angered".

So he attacked him. 

1pm1.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

He admitted what he had done and apologized for his inappropriate behavior.

Ritthisak said he wasn't there for the whole incident but saw the attack bit and tried to calm the situation. He took the victim to the police station after.

Jiap was charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm and detained in custody. 

The charge may be upgraded if the medical report indicates that the injuries suffered by the Chilean are more serious.

Chonburi provincial deputy Pol Col Korawat Hanpradit said this was a serious incident that had damaged both the image of Pattaya and Thailand as a whole. 

He promised swift action and said that the victim would be getting a basket by way of apology. 

Such baskets usually contain flowers and fruit. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-26

1 minute ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Breakdown in mental function more like. I suspect said breakdown commenced when he offered a less than favourable rate, causing astonishment and a question regarding sanity from the Chilean.

More fantasy reasons to lamely try to justify the horrible violence.

I forecast a photoshoot handshake and wai as well as the basket of goodies in the original reporting of the incident...how wrong I was...WOW he got a whole basket of fruit lucky lad :clap2:

Give it a couple of days and the taxi guy will be out roaming free once more :whistling:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, webfact said:

Chonburi provincial deputy Pol Col Korawat Hanpradit said this was a serious incident that had damaged both the image of Pattaya and Thailand as a whole. 

I wish they would just stop making such a statement.  Firstly, it's pretty darn obvious.  Secondly, it gives everyone the impression that it's all the government cares about, the "image" of Patts and Thailand. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sapson said:

No mention of ,,,all hospital bills will be settled for him and the cost of his hotel for his remaining stay.

Better help and publicity than a bunch of bananas .!

But they are THAI bananas..very special! Very delicious! Will help with recovery....vitamins! ???? 20 bt please(or tacked onto hospital bill)

42 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

So a "serious incident" is resolved and concluded with a basket of fruit ? Well done that will send a nice clear message to others about what happens after a "serious incident" has occured in brutally beating someone. Pathetic response, that will undoubtedly discourage similar behaviour and make people feel safer whilst on holiday.....NOT

This whole affair seems to be a bit of a basket case...

23 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Had he fought back and got the better, I have no doubt some more WIN guys would have got involved to 'even things up'.....

I know what you're saying, but, if you're jacked and look like you can handle yourself, then bullies are a lot less likely to bother you. 
The kid looks skinny as heck , and very feeble. Sadly, a prime target for bullies...

• Sad 1