Pattaya: Motorcycle taxi man gives his excuses after Walking Street attack - he's detained, Chilean gets apology basket

webfact

22 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I wish they would just stop making such a statement.  Firstly, it's pretty darn obvious.  Secondly, it gives everyone the impression that it's all the government cares about, the "image" of Patts and Thailand. 

The truth hurts?

1 hour ago, webfact said:

However, the tourist kept on imploring him for a ride and this caused Jiap to lose his temper.

Understandable......what does the tourist think he is , a Taxi for hire of something.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaopad999 said:

the Chilean lad really needs to start lifting some weights and learn some self defense. Bullies will always pick on much smaller people. 

Maybe back in Chili he is part of a gang,and maybe over there he carries an equalizer.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

of course....NOT your country.   beat no problem.  you get 100 baht

IF you do bad..... you pay 10000000000 baht, jail, lose house, everything...... we know how it works here.  we all know.   we pay 10000 for park farang price and smile.  it ok ok

we know, we know.   we all very happy.   even if pollution OMG bad today. ok ok

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I reckon you are probably being optimistic about the level of his ultimate punishment. We'll probably be seeing him on our mean streets real soon. After all, he explained.

What punishment do you think is correct? 

5 years hard labour, would that be enough? 

Personally, I think a hefty fine is adequate but not jail time. 

He has already made national news, caused embarrassment to all his family, just because the drunk guy was from Chile. If they were both Thai, this wouldn't have made the news. In my country, it wouldn't make the news.

I was beaten up and hospitalised for 10 days by Aberdeen 20 Aberdeen soccer casuals just because I was a punk sniffing glue and no one really cared, wasn't even in the newspaper. 

There is a strange us and them mentality in Pattaya, with most foreigners befriending ladies(men) of the night the only  little attempt to assimilate or integrate into society. The Chilean makes no effort to speak Thai, which is strange as he is probably not a tourist, unless they are letting them in again. 

Does that happen in the USA for two drunks fighting, or one drunk hitting another? 

In the US, what would happen if a drunk guy annoyed the equivalent of a mc taxi driver? 

Probably be shot. 

In my experience as an alcoholic here, Thais are VERY tolerant, much more than Scotland. 

I've been put in hospital about 6 times, by being attacked by pool cues, tyre lever(taxi driver) , bottle over the head etc. 

It would have been MUCH more serious in Leith. Everytime I was in and out the same day. This victims injuries are not serious, IMHO, but I'm not a snowflake. 

Since I stopped drinking, I haven't been attacked in over 20 years here, which shows me it was the drink. My advice to the Chiliean is to quit drinking or drink less or when drunk don't annoy taxi drivers that are drinking, especially if you crying like a baby to the police station. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 6

Just now, KhunBENQ said:

Of course taking his vest and sent him back to his hometown shack.

Cheap sugar cane cutters always searched for.

It's the season.

I agree. Thing is, these bike gangs often like violent people as they are hired to 'jobs'

In the West, they have the Hells Angels, etc. 

I know from experience, be very careful around bike gangs ANYWHERE in the world. 

• Haha 2

1. Kicks like that to the head could break a neck, or kill you. Glad the victim seems OK.

2. I thought businesses here closed at 11 or 12, so why is there anyone hanging about at 2 am - there seems to be more going on in this town than I am aware of.

3. Would be interested to learn what was the actual conversation that sparked the incident, and a full list of the driver's explanations and reasons - we all need to learn what are the tipping points here.

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I thought that it was a motorbike taxi job, giving people rides, I hope it's not a 500 THB fine

and a basket of flowers and fruit, and who paid the lads hospital bill .

regards Worgeordie

I'm not at all supportive  of the moto taxi's behavior but  I also don't care for the actions of a drunk who is insisting on getting what he wants.

Don't all taxi drivers and moto drivers have the right to refuse to offer their services for whatever reason?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

He needs to be shipped to Dudley for a closing time fight with a bunch Dudley gals who are usually "prone to annoyance" and "easily angered". (NB when pubs are open of course)

He would probably them  wish to be sugar cane cutting or in prison!

Edited by poohy
  • Like 1

You ever have a sloppy fall down drunk keep interrupting you or pestering you when you're trying to have a conversation  or just trying to unwind at the end of a long day? Slurring words, drooling on you, taking endlessly long pauses to think of the word they're trying to say, constantly poking at you to get your attention, leaning into you like they might puke on you at any second, asking the same question over and over again? I have, and it can be annoying as hell. What the taxi driver did is inexcusable, but let's hope the Chilean guy learned something from all this as well.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1