Pattaya: Motorcycle taxi man gives his excuses after Walking Street attack - he's detained, Chilean gets apology basket

webfact

7 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

I know what you're saying, but, if you're jacked and look like you can handle yourself, then bullies are a lot less likely to bother you. 
The kid looks skinny as heck , and very feeble. Sadly, a prime target for bullies...

Thais will leave you alone unless you bother them or do something they dislike. Booze makes us do dumb things.... I gave 100 baht to a WIN guy only last night for a short ride... biggish guy though. ????

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Billpro785 said:

There are always 2 sides to a story, and then in the middle there is the truth. Unless any of was there, we will never no what happened. Of course some members of the Thai Visa Forum can't let a Thai bashing opportunity go to waste. Which makes me question , if life here sucks so bad, why do they even live here ? Why not go back to the UK or Europe where live is perfect. 

There may two sides but they are not equivalent sides in this case. Here we have a very violent assailant and a victim. I won't say innocent victim because none of us are saints but its clear the victim did not deserve to be viciously attacked. Maybe a playful slap and tickle or a bit of a scolding,  but not getting literally kicked in the head. I realize some of the members here can relate to the thuggery of the accused Thai driver. That's too bad.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

It always seem to be the case here, either they pick someone smaller or they are in packs, like wolves, I have never ever seen a one on one here, gutless lot, especially the other taxi rider who did very little to stop the beatings, at first it looked as if he was going to give him some as well, I learnt a long time ago, when you put the guy down, stop, if he gets up and wants to continue, then continue, but this is just a gutless frustrated, uneducated moron picking on someone much smaller than him and under the influence of alcohol, in other words, not a threat at all.

Unfortunately this guy will be back on the streets real soon, and if I were the guy on the receiving end, there wouldn't be a photo opp for the cops to play it all down, justice rarely served here, we all know that.

spot on man. ???? that's why it's  definitely worth being prepared for such people ????

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Thais will leave you alone unless you bother them or do something they dislike. Booze makes us do dumb things.... I gave 100 baht to a WIN guy only last night for a short ride... biggish guy though. ????

agree, 13 years here, never had an issue. I've hung out & drunk with some really sketchy Thai dudes  on multiple occasions in the past  & never had an issue. But i am a real friendly guy and understand that in Asian cultures we must have some boundaries as they can loose face pretty fast. It's all about adapting well to our surroundings. ????

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Motorcycle taxi man gives his excuses after Walking Street attack - he's detained, Chilean gets apology basket

There are No excuses for any violence No matter what they try to Dream up.I Never in my life have seen and heard so much Bull <deleted>  than in Los : Land of Bull <deleted>  and excuses.

Edited by metisdead
Profanity removed.
  • Like 1

Nothing new here, mc taxi beating and kicking foreigner in the face for no reason.

Then arrested by BIB's, bribing them with a brown envelope, and a basket with flowers and a couple of apples and bananas to the victim...case closed.  

Another nail in the coffin for Thailand as at tourist destination.

Well done to the scumbag MC taxi driver...NOT!

8 hours ago, webfact said:

He promised swift action and said that the victim would be getting a basket by way of apology.

I would graciously tell him to stick the basket where the sun don't shine and say a compensation package would be more appropriate.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, webfact said:

But there was a breakdown in communication and he told him to go elsewhere.

Go forth and multiply - or something similar?

9 hours ago, webfact said:

He admitted that he is the kind of person that is "prone to annoyance" and "easily angered".

Like most yaba users then....

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

There may two sides but they are not equivalent sides in this case. Here we have a very violent assailant and a victim. I won't say innocent victim because none of us are saints but its clear the victim did not deserve to be viciously attacked. Maybe a playful slap and tickle or a bit of a scolding,  but not getting literally kicked in the head. I realize some of the members here can relate to the thuggery of the accused Thai driver. That's too bad.

Totally agree with what you said, but I also get his point. What that motosai guy did is not any excuse for Thai bashing, and generalizing about Thais. Thai people themselves are quite embarrased and angry about what that motosai did. 

Make that scumbag thug regret his actions, and leave the 99.9999% of nice Thai people out of the bashing.

See the pictures that I attached, translations from comments thai netizens made at a Facebook post in Thai about this incident.

2921614338554_.pic.jpg

2931614338555_.pic.jpg

2941614338556_.pic.jpg

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I have to say I am pleased the guy has been locked up. I was half expecting some sad fine, accompanied by a wai and all over until next time.

temporarily locked up.
The wai is tomorrow, then case closed.

Motorcycle taxis and their organization is the exact same people as the police.

8 minutes ago, Lampang2 said:

temporarily locked up.
The wai is tomorrow, then case closed.

Motorcycle taxis and their organization is the exact same people as the police.

I really hope this is not the case. This guy needs to do time, 2 - 3 years. And have his taxi license stripped for life of course.

The law says up to 5 years in jail, https://bit.ly/3koQG7L

Really vicious assault, kicking someone in the head multiple times when they're on the ground can easily kill.

Many posters attacking police as if it's their job to shadow every messy drunken farang in Pattaya, not enough police in the whole of Asia for that job! 

They found and arrested the guy almost immediately. What am I missing? 

Edited by madmen
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, banagan said:

I really hope this is not the case. This guy needs to do time, 2 - 3 years. And have his taxi license stripped for life of course.

The law says up to 5 years in jail, https://bit.ly/3koQG7L

Really vicious assault, kicking someone in the head multiple times when they're on the ground can easily kill.

Do victims still need to be in town for trials?

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Do victims still need to be in town for trials?

I hope not. Latest update, the police said he won't be let off. However, the courts are closed.... I hope Pattaya news follows up on this. Lets hope the police stick to their word.

Edited by banagan
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Pique Dard said:

but the pic shows 7 seven dudes, who is the man responsible?

The man with the green mask and written HIP WAY on his T-Shrt. The same man you can see arrested in this clip:

Motorbike taxi driver, suspect in assault on foreigner on Walking Street this morning, arrested. - YouTube