Pattaya: Motorcycle taxi man gives his excuses after Walking Street attack - he's detained, Chilean gets apology basket

webfact

4 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

spot on man. ???? that's why it's  definitely worth being prepared for such people ????

I avoid them as much as possible, they are lose cannons, and aren't afraid of pulling a gun or knife, or getting their mates involved, gutless, uneducated thugs in my opinion who would start running as soon as they found themselves on the receiving end, but they all stick together even if they don't know each other, it's as if to say, it's them or us "mentality".

The mentality of immature vindictive children, sanctioned by their supposedly betters......  One thing about all this C19 pandemic has been a very necessary revealing of the beasts true nature...... I think Thailand will be dreaming for a long time about attracting tourists back to a country that shows very little compassion for fellow human beings......  and deservedly so....... 

The Youtube clip has 243 thumbs up, and 8 thumbs down. Judging by the comments, most of the viewers being Thai.

If that's a survey of the Thai population, I guess the vast majority of Thai's take great delight in seeing a foreigner beaten up here.  

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Blaming the victim.

100%, We've all seen it before, nasty little individuals taking an opportunity to have a pop at a defenceless person......  especially if it's a farang.....    Mind you years ago i did see a Japanese lad kick the living daylights out of a load of them outside the Thermae, it was like a Jackie Chan movie....... They wern't so clever then......  It was a pleasure watching it....... seven onto one....... Good Thai odds normally, sadly for them they'd ganged up on the wrong one.....  Payback !   

4 minutes ago, Leaver said:

The Youtube clip has 243 thumbs up, and 8 thumbs down. Judging by the comments, most of the viewers being Thai.

If that's a survey of the Thai population, I guess the vast majority of Thai's take great delight in seeing a foreigner beaten up here.  

Yep, tells you exactly where you are and what you're thought of by the general population........ They've never wanted anybody, only their money....... Very parasitical...... 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Garbol56 said:

The Chiean lad needs to learn some common sense, obviously something has gone very wrong during his drunken conversation with the motorcy driver.

He has made himself a victim. 

Nah, he's like a lot of tourists/foreigners in Thailand, he doesn't know what he's dealing with, he's expecting compassion from a fellow human being, sadly that was his mistake......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SupermarineS6B said:

100%, We've all seen it before, nasty little individuals taking an opportunity to have a pop at a defenceless person......  especially if it's a farang.....    Mind you years ago i did see a Jave a video of thatpanese lad kick the living daylights out of a load of them outside the Thermae, it was like a Jackie Chan movie....... They wern't so clever then......  It was a pleasure watching it....... seven onto one....... Good Thai odds normally, sadly for them they'd ganged up on the wrong one.....  Payback !   

Shame you didn't have a video of that. Would have loved to watch the Taxi-bike mob faces, while they watched it. Only ever managed to take down three at once. Perhaps I could have learned something. Ah well

50 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

I still don't understand where they get the "well build " part from in this story . They said the assailant was well build 55555 in who's eyes , in the eyes of a midget ?? 

Well built ego, not well built physique.  ????

Edited by Leaver

2 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

100%, We've all seen it before, nasty little individuals taking an opportunity to have a pop at a defenceless person......  especially if it's a farang.....    Mind you years ago i did see a Japanese lad kick the living daylights out of a load of them outside the Thermae, it was like a Jackie Chan movie....... They wern't so clever then......  It was a pleasure watching it....... seven onto one....... Good Thai odds normally, sadly for them they'd ganged up on the wrong one.....  Payback !   

Seen a few farangs lamp a thai,they,re not so brave when they,re not mob handed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think they're usually right. Maybe not this time but chances are we'll never get a follow-up news story so won't even know. 

Maybe that's part of the problem, little follow up by reporters to put the consequences on record for the public to see. If the police know they are being held accountable for holding criminals accountable...

14 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

I know what you're saying, but, if you're jacked and look like you can handle yourself, then bullies are a lot less likely to bother you. 
The kid looks skinny as heck , and very feeble. Sadly, a prime target for bullies...

Putting on a bit of muscle can also help with simply being able to repel/push an attacker away, you don't need to actually "fight back".  A bit of weight makes you harder to push around literally.  Also you're bound to get improved hand-eye coordination and carry yourself more confidently.

You'll also get a bit more respect.  If you look more masculine and threatening, people will feel differently about you.  Not even in terms of fear, so much as you have a better "presence".  If you look like an action hero, people will treat you differently than if you look like a bit of a scrawny geek.  Not nice, but that's just human nature.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Jiap said that the foreigner was drunk and had begged him for a ride. But there was a breakdown in communication and he told him to go elsewhere.

Translate "breakdown in communication": They failed to negotiate a reasonable price. The MotoDope wanted 500 baht, the victim wanted to pay the proper amount, at most 60 baht for a ride to Soi Bukhao...

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I reckon you are probably being optimistic about the level of his ultimate punishment. We'll probably be seeing him on our mean streets real soon. After all, he explained.

Throw this Ba*tard in Jail!

Edited by ujayujay

Just what a victim needs while recovering from a brutal assault; a fruit basket.  The victim needs to be compensated for his medical expenses and money for his pain and suffering, not to mention the vacation "downtime" because he is laid up recovering and can't get on with his vacation.  Mandatory Jail time for this taxi bike driver and anger management if he is allowed to stay as a taxi bike driver. 

Probably the Wai, verbal apology, and fruit basket is likely all the victim will receive, and the bike taxi driver will continue to do business as usual as though nothing happened.  This just reinforces that it is ok to attack anyone that angers him and not have serious consequences with the law.   If Thailand want to improve their image, (they keep saying they do), then this would be a good time to start.  I hope I am proved wrong and the laws of Thailand prevails in favor of the victim.

If Thailand is serious about getting a good International immage then this guy who was responsible for the crime has to be given a serious jail sentence. Anything less and the image that the TAT wants for Pattaya will just drift further over the horizon.

Serious action speaks in a positive way to the world, a bunch of flowers does nothing.

Incidentially, I assume the Win Driver is paying the guys hospital bills. Can anyone confirm this?