Corn tortillas in Phuket....

Mai mee

I've got a hankering to make some enchiladas and hues rancheros for a taste of the "old country" but I need corn tortillas to make both. I know I've bought them here before but I can't remember where, and now I can't seem to find them anywhere I've looked, only flour tortillas. I've tried Big C, Makro, and Super cheap, but haven't found them...

Any ideas? I'd even make 'em myself if I could find some good coarse ground corn meal, but would of course prefer ready made.

2 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Try Villa Market, I think they have the tortillas ready made and also the flour.

Thanks KB, I made a quick run through when I was in Chalong last week and didn't see any, but I could have missed them and I didn't ask the staff. Yeah, VM is the go-to place for western food products. If you happen to actually spot them there, could you give me a heads-up?

56 minutes ago, Mai mee said:

Thanks KB, I made a quick run through when I was in Chalong last week and didn't see any, but I could have missed them and I didn't ask the staff. Yeah, VM is the go-to place for western food products. If you happen to actually spot them there, could you give me a heads-up?

Have to go there this afternoon, so, I'll take a look. No guarantees, though.

3 hours ago, Mai mee said:

OK, today was the day when the manager of Villa has changed the whole lay-out of the shop (idiot!).

I saw El Paso hard shell tacos.

Soft tortillas, don't know if they are corn, or not (under the bread table).

Packets of corn meal, Stone ground corn flour and generic corn flour (not corn starch) on the shelves close to the tills.

21 minutes ago, beechbum said:

Normally have a few different brands of soft tortillas at VM, so I'm guiding they're not on the shelve near the chest freezes now?

No, under the bread table, left-hand side that is in front of the main entrance.

Used to know where everything was before, but, will now have to learn again.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mai mee said:

I've got a hankering to make some enchiladas and hues rancheros for a taste of the "old country" but I need corn tortillas to make both. I know I've bought them here before but I can't remember where, and now I can't seem to find them anywhere I've looked, only flour tortillas. I've tried Big C, Makro, and Super cheap, but haven't found them...

Any ideas? I'd even make 'em myself if I could find some good coarse ground corn meal, but would of course prefer ready made.

https://shoponline.villamarket.com/villaselectitems/selected/product/?form_key=eI7OG4oUNYLUGWWr&k=Taco

Got 'em!

In the freezer section at Villa Market, along with several varieties of flour tortillas. Tomorrow night it's gonna be green chile chicken enchiladas with rice and beans and a home made Pico de Gallo salsa.

Mmmm, mmm,    mmmmm!

Thanks to all who helped.

• Like 2