6 million British tourists may travel to Thailand in 2021: Survey

webfact

8 hours ago, RobU said:

You are wrong, I did, and I know plenty more who do not have a large enough income to live in Thailand but save up and travel at least once a year for the pleasure often have wives or girlfriends they support. They are not "Tourists", often Retired they travel between homes and do not do the tourist bit. They spend money contributing to the local economy rather than the tourist economy. UK Pension is £170 pw plus housing benefits. Retirees are allowed a 3 month visa and they spend that £170 pw in Thailand. 100 retirees spending £170 pw for 3 months is £17,000 pw which is  £204,000 directly to the Thai Economy imagine how much a thousand such people would contribute to the local economy over 9 months (over 6 million pounds or 259,668,200 baht per year). My income is larger because I have a private pension as well. 1 million such people is not a large number and is probably true

While you may be right about retirees do have the money to travel, back to original post pages and pages and pages ago.

6M is ~10% of the entire population, and the number of people over 65 (I just looked it up) is 11.9M.

Assuming that 49% of those are males, let's not kid ourselves it men that primarily come to Thailand, thats 5.8M over 65 year old males.

So best all those rich senior citizen men, regardless of physical or mental faculties, better be booking tickets quick, since it appears they are in a race to Thailand before all the hotels are booked solid.

Sometimes it's hard to know whether to laugh or cry at some of this insanity

On 2/26/2021 at 11:38 AM, Phuketshrew said:

Hahaha - That would indicate that 3095 people planned to travel abroad (no mention of Thailand). How the hell do they arrive at a figure of 6 million Brits holidaying in Thailand this year? Please can I have some of what these clowns have been smoking?

And 68% of them won't come if they have to pay for quarentine so what's the betting that quarentine will be dropped if you have been vacinated

• Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 12:00 PM, tracker1 said:

But there were only 4127 responses to the survey ? how did they cum up with 6 million should only be 4127 if the all said yes !

Grab a dictionary and look up extrapolation ! It’s how all surveys are done. 

Bingo - you and a few others educated. 

21 hours ago, Boedog said:

How on Earth did these idiots making these statements even make it through school, you can't be that stupid they just cant help themselves, l have never known of another country that can keep fabricating numbers and figures and in reality be consistently 90%, 95% wrong will they ever learn, NO welcome to Thailand the land of <deleted> lies and corruption 

So give us the ‘real’ numbers and evidence of how you got them please ....

Well, there goes the neighborhood. Is the increase in crime really worth it? And wouldn't it be much wiser instead to invite  in more tourists from English-speaking countries with whom other nationalities might communicate? Bigger spenders, too; everybody knows how the GBPeso has tanked.  

• Sad 2

On 2/26/2021 at 9:42 AM, edwardandtubs said:

Flight and hotel prices are more expensive for Vietnam so I don't see any bubble bursting. Posters here have been predicting "another nail in the coffin" for years but it hasn't happened. The truth is as soon as lockdown and quarantine are gone there's going to be a flood of Brits coming to Thailand. 

Sorry Ed .. You live in the Thai Twightlight zone .. I’m back at base and it looks like Europe especially Portugal and Spain are gonna be the winners .. And it’s their own fault

• Like 1

I think the report should have said....UK Tourists coming to Thailand this year will only add 6 million baht to the economy.

And 5 million baht will be for buying 2 condos by 2 people ( 2.5 million each) thinking they have a bargain.

Leaving 2 people to enjoy 2 weeks in ASQ at a cost of 500,000 baht each ????????????

3 hours ago, Millcx said:

Sorry Ed .. You live in the Thai Twightlight zone .. I’m back at base and it looks like Europe especially Portugal and Spain are gonna be the winners .. And it’s their own fault

Just been to Portugal....... Lovely place, treat you like human beings...... Smart birds as well....... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BigStar said:

Well, there goes the neighborhood. Is the increase in crime really worth it? And wouldn't it be much wiser instead to invite  in more tourists from English-speaking countries with whom other nationalities might communicate? Bigger spenders, too; everybody knows how the GBPeso has tanked.  

Actually for the last year it’s generally been on the rise against the USD, EUR & THB, amongst others? 

21 hours ago, Bruntoid said:

Grab a dictionary and look up extrapolation ! It’s how all surveys are done. 

Bingo - you and a few others educated. 

Thankyou to someone so knowledgeable broadening my knowledge on this . This is Thailand why even bother to have a survey when you know they consistently fiddle the figures ? not unlike many other countries that rely on surveys to suit their agendas 

There are ppl in UK and Germany that as soon as quarantine would stop they would jump on airplane.

As well they will not come if they will be forced to vaccinate and whole covid passport thing. They either stay home or go somewhere else.

• 2 months later...
On 2/26/2021 at 4:50 AM, Phuketshrew said:

In the pre-covid-19 year of 2019 there were only around 1 million arrivals from the UK. 2013-2018 there were consistently around the same number.

6 million in 2021?

Looks like Anuntin's been passing around the wacky baccy again  ????

Is Anutin still wearing the same hat, or has he passed it around for a donation to his Clown Fund?

• Haha 1