6 million British tourists may travel to Thailand in 2021: Survey

webfact

6M, isn't that close to 10% of the entire UK population are planning to travel to Thailand in the next 10 months?

Often wondered if these people get paid for spewing this nonsense?

If so, where do I apply, I can sit in my PJ's and create all sorts of wonderful numbers for them!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VBF said:

As a newbie, you have much to learn...you're starting on the right track though. ????

Newbie in here. You are right. But I have been coming here in Thailand since 1987 on holidays, twice a year and lived here for 13 years. So, yes I am a Newbie.

1 minute ago, Lomsakboy said:

Newbie in here. You are right. But I have been coming here in Thailand since 1987 on holidays, twice a year and lived here for 13 years. So, yes I am a Newbie.

Oops - my bad ????  I'll wind me neck in! ????

6 hours ago, webfact said:

6 million British tourists may travel to Thailand in 2021: Survey

unnamed.jpg

FILE PHOTO for reference only

A survey carried out by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) London office has suggested that up to 6 million British tourists want to travel to Thailand in 2021.

The survey, which had 4,127 respondents, also suggested that Thailand will remain a popular choice for foreign tourists in the future, due to the low numbers of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the country.

Some 75 percent of the respondents said they planned to travel abroad in the near future and that they would be happy to be vaccinated against COVID-19 if it meant they could travel abroad and visit a country without restrictions.

41 percent of respondents said they disagreed with any form of quarantine at the destination country, while 52 percent said they would be happy to spend up to 5 days in quarantine.

For those aged 50 and above, they said that countries with a low number of COVID-19 cases would be among their consideration when choosing a country to visit, Thai Rath reported. 

Based on this on the survey results, Siripakorn Cheawsamoot, TAT deputy governor for Europe, Africa, the Middle East and the Americas said that 9  percent of the British public, or approximately 6 million people, are considering travelling to Thailand in 2021.

Another TAT survey focussing on the Nordic countries, found that 99 percent were worried about getting infected after having made travel arrangements.

62 percent of those surveyed said they want to spend the European winter months in 2021 and 2022 in Thailand, providing there are no restrictions such as quarantine in place.  

As for where in Thailand they want to visit, the destinations of choice were: Phuket, Krabi and Khao Lak, Koh Samui, Koh Pha-ngan, Koh Tao, Bangkok and Hua Hin.

However, 68 percent said they would cancel their travel plans if the 14 day quarantine was still mandatory. 26 percent of respondents said they would still travel, regardless of quarantine, and 13 percent said they wanted quarantine to be reduced to 10 days.

Another survey carried out in France revealed that Bangkok (25%) was the third most searched for destination, behind only Dubai (49%) and Marrakesh (27%).

Mr Siripakorn again reiterated the importance of  Thailand having a plan in place no later  than June regarding the so-called ‘vaccine passports’.

This would then enable Thailand to be in the position of being able to welcome foreign tourists by October. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-26

Absoltely no quarantine!! Plenty of other great countries to holiday at in the meantime!

4 minutes ago, Muzzique said:

6 Million brits

If they give them free flights, hotels, meals, beer and 3 bar girls each then maybe...

If I could have all those things (especially the last mentioned) I'd even do quarantine!!!! ????????

Edited by VBF
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Amazing absolutely amazing, where on earth do they find these clowns?

6 million my a++e, nobody in the UK got any money to spend flying to Thailand.

What on earth are you talking about? Many people are having a hard time financially but equally many have saved money by not going out so will be able to travel. I'm not rich and I'm not earning enough to pay tax but I could certainly afford to visit Thailand as a tourist. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, kimamey said:

What on earth are you talking about? Many people are having a hard time financially but equally many have saved money by not going out so will be able to travel. I'm not rich and I'm not earning enough to pay tax but I could certainly afford to visit Thailand as a tourist. 

Oddly, with the vagaries of the UK tax system, you're sometimes better off being just UNDER the threshold anyway!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thecyclist said:

That would mean one in ten (10%)Brits will be holidaying in LOS.10 times the pre-pandemic number. 555. They might have confused the UK with China. 

They might also have confused reality with dreams! TAT = Totally Abstruse Thinking!

7 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

That would mean one in ten (10%)Brits will be holidaying in LOS.10 times the pre-pandemic number. 555. They might have confused the UK with China. 

I think they most likely got it confused with the real COVID infection numbers and the 2 got swapped somewhere along the line. 

Edited by Muzzique
  • Haha 1

67 million people in the UK. About 15% are aged 15 and under, which leaves 57 million. About 12% are over 70. Down to 49 million already.

About 5% are unemployed. Then you've got the people who are unlikely to travel to Thailand because of religious reasons. And the overweight women who don't want to come here and see the hot young Thai girls.

Realistically there's probably a pool of 10-20 million people who might have the desire and the means to actually travel to Thailand, so suggesting that 6 million will travel is extremely optimistic.

I think 600,000 would be a better estimate. Comprising mostly single men aged 20-60, who are either employed or have savings to cover the costs of a tropical holiday right after a major economic catastrophe.