6 million British tourists may travel to Thailand in 2021: Survey

webfact

Umm.  Only 994,000 British tourists came in the banner, record-setting year of 2019.  ALL of Europe was only 6.7 million in 2019.  We are already almost into March of 2021 and quarantine is still in effect.  This may be the absolute dumbest Thai tourist statement ever made--and, yes, that is saying something considering some of the past whoppers.   

• Haha 2

I don't think they can compete with Greece.

Greece has stated that they will welcome unvaccinated UK travellers this summer, without any quarantine, likely with PCR/rapid tests.

As for vaccinated, there will no testing whatsoever most likely, not to mention no quarantine obviously.

Not sure what these people in the Thai administration have been smoking.

Strange as it might sound, but Thai women have in history saved Thailand a few times and have always been considered the ones really in charge. I'm getting the feeling that once again after all these loons and their plans have dried up and blown away like the dog doo that they're appearing to be, it'll be Thai women again that will save the country.....  It certainly won't be the free bowl of sticky rice and mango offered by TAT.... 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Using my TAT logic calculator, I can see that:

6 million divided by 300 passengers per flight =20,000 flights

divided by 180 days for the last six months of the year = 111 flights per day

divided by 18 hours, flights per day = 6 flights per hour.

Is no problem, Mr Fawlty.

THAI have this under control, as they are going to order in new aircraft.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Why would they come here, sex tourists excepted? Far better, safer and culturally enriched in Europe, Italy, Spain Greece, all more attractive destinations than Thailand.

You hit it on the headthailand as a holiday resort is not cheaper than a !ot of european resorts,the only thing its got going for it is the " nightlife " i.e prostitution.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lkv said:

I don't think they can compete with Greece.

Greece has stated that they will welcome unvaccinated UK travellers this summer, without any quarantine, likely with PCR/rapid tests.

As for vaccinated, there will no testing whatsoever most likely, not to mention no quarantine obviously.

Not sure what these people in the Thai administration have been smoking.

Sadly misinformed  mate. Just captured a moment ago. Please check your bs before stating it.

CB683A03-0FDE-47A9-8BF7-B4169767D75A.png

Edited by Mayhem11
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, kingdong said:

You hit it on the headthailand as a holiday resort is not cheaper than a !ot of european resorts,the only thing its got going for it is the " nightlife " i.e prostitution.

I've always said that, Thailand had two main attractions, the great characters that came to Thailand from all over the world that made it an hilariously funny place to be in, now sadly kicked out, and women with extremely questionable morals..... Thailand worked well when the Thais had very little to do with it, and as we've all witnessed once they get their mits into it, it all turns to dust...... You might say the reverse Midus touch........ The golden goose has now turned into a mixxy rabbit...... 

Edited by SupermarineS6B

13 minutes ago, Mayhem11 said:

Sadly misinformed  mate. Just captured a moment ago. Please check your bs before stating it.

Recently flew from Portugal to Turkey, had a PCR test in Lisbon airport, Turkish airlines to Istanbul, not a word said........ Chicken or lamb shish kebab Sir ?   Looking at moving onto Sri Lanka shortly, same deal...... Thailand better start sharpening their act up or people are just going to forget the place.....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mayhem11 said:

I said they WILL, in summer. Or even earlier, maybe as early as May. Once the vaccination certificates are up and running. 

Next time read more carefully what I write before calling it BS.

You are showing me today's entry conditions.

What will happen very soon is, if you are vaccinated, no PCR, no quarantine.

If no vaccine, PCR or rapid test (maybe). No quarantine.

www.thesun.co.uk/travel/14160758/greece-holidays-vaccine-passports-may/amp/

What will Thailand offer again? Shortened quarantine?

Edited by lkv

20 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Hahaha - That would indicate that 3095 people planned to travel abroad (no mention of Thailand). How the hell do they arrive at a figure of 6 million Brits holidaying in Thailand this year? Please can I have some of what these clowns have been smoking?

Don't you know Thailand is the center of the universe and it's only logical that everyone wants to come to Mecca ????

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, zyphodb said:

They wouldn't be thrown in jail in the UK at the moment, The UK PM and his cabinet do nothing but lie either...

I just don't see the correlation. The TAT are constantly telling huge lies. They are not held accountable in any way and are irresponsible.

How many people in Thailand have been vaccinated and how many in the UK? No comparison.

• Like 2