6 million British tourists may travel to Thailand in 2021: Survey

webfact

19 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Surely Thailand is a nearby country, if you learnt geography at a Thai government school?

Like the Thai lady I bumped into the other day who told me she lives in the UK now.

'Where' I asked.

'Sydney'    :shock1:

There is no bright future for tourisms in or out of Europe in the near future...let alone a long-haul flight to a destination as Thailand. My job in tourism in Europe been canceled for now more than a year and I lost 2 m baht on cash salary of this and will continue as this until the end of May (at the earliest). Tis is the reality from a person working in this environment. So 6 m for Thailand during 2021 ? Just dream on...

Absolute rubbish! Not only do 6m UK residents NOT want to visit Thailand but Thailand doesn't even have a viable vaccination policy or plan. Why would vaccinated holiday makers think of visiting an unvaccinated destination with quarantine still applying because vaccination just reduces the risk of serious illness. It does nothing to prevent superspreading. 14 days on arrival and 14 days on return!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

6 Million British? Bah!

There are also hundreds of millions Germans desperately waiting to book a flight to the promised land. Good times to come for Thailand's tourism industry...in a month or two. Or maybe three.

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

"so where did the 6 million figure come from. I know Thai mathematics." Military Academy education. Where do you think?:cheesy: :cheesy:

I think you are right to be a tad skeptical possum.

I've looked carefully at the figures and I also disagree with 6 million. I think approximately, 5,712, 069.

• Haha 1

How on Earth did these idiots making these statements even make it through school, you can't be that stupid they just cant help themselves, l have never known of another country that can keep fabricating numbers and figures and in reality be consistently 90%, 95% wrong will they ever learn, NO welcome to Thailand the land of <deleted> lies and corruption 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/26/2021 at 5:24 AM, webfact said:

Based on this on the survey results, Siripakorn Cheawsamoot, TAT deputy governor for Europe, Africa, the Middle East and the Americas said that 9  percent of the British public, or approximately 6 million people, are considering travelling to Thailand in 2021.

Siripakorn also said he think there will be 1 million Martians who will spend their holiday on planet Earth. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

And when this is finished you can fly back to 2 weeks quarantine in UK... 555555

As I've pointed out many times, it's sheer lunacy here.

You have to be dropped on your head to go for a "vacation" to Thailand.  It's more than just what you have to go through to travel.  

I'm not blaming Thailand for travel restrictions either - it is what it is.  

But to give out these numbers, these guys are purely nuts.  

3 hours ago, kimamey said:

Actually it's 10 days if flying direct from Thailand. Still a quarantine but at least it's slightly shorter.

Yes and it's wildly popular.  I've counted over a million brits here so far! 

Of course I"ve not taken my medication for a while.  

• Haha 1

On 2/26/2021 at 4:32 AM, colinneil said:

Amazing absolutely amazing, where on earth do they find these clowns?

6 million my a++e, nobody in the UK got any money to spend flying to Thailand.

You are wrong, I did, and I know plenty more who do not have a large enough income to live in Thailand but save up and travel at least once a year for the pleasure often have wives or girlfriends they support. They are not "Tourists", often Retired they travel between homes and do not do the tourist bit. They spend money contributing to the local economy rather than the tourist economy. UK Pension is £170 pw plus housing benefits. Retirees are allowed a 3 month visa and they spend that £170 pw in Thailand. 100 retirees spending £170 pw for 3 months is £17,000 pw which is  £204,000 directly to the Thai Economy imagine how much a thousand such people would contribute to the local economy over 9 months (over 6 million pounds or 259,668,200 baht per year). My income is larger because I have a private pension as well. 1 million such people is not a large number and is probably true

Edited by RobU
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

what was the survey question?

Where would you rather be?

A) in London under grey skies, cold and wet

B)be swimming in crystal clear waters and comfortable 28 degrees in sunny Phuket

C)Afghanistan

D)Nijeria

E)The North Pole

...and the survey said!!!

B!!!!

Watch Family Feud with Richard Dawson | Prime Video

Edited by pattayadude